TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Racism

GURZU

I to what in Europe did not exist racísm was speaking in general ... let's let's want or not, always there is going to be some idiot who is created better than different for having born in a site or in other one. Here in Spain, there are people who kills others for being a different color...

I was speaking in general ... there is many tolerance, here it is all the same that the people are wherefrom it is to find employment or to buy things, not as the informative ones they make us believe that it happens in other sites

I open this topic to debate on this social problem that is in the whole world in major or less measured that it should disappear.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad to know some Spanish murdered other people just they hate those with different colors. To be honest I dunno why they killed those with no guilties. How come that nasty things happen a lot in Spain? I do not ever feel shameness when talking with them because I can have fun just one of them are gonna join me. What do you think? I feel we need to talk on what we are thinking with those with different colors so we can get rid of that kind of stupid thoughts for the good of we all people in the world. One more thing I would like you guys to realize: ANY DISCRIMINATION is totally not allowed 100%.

What surprises me is the number of younger people (Especially in Hull probably) that are racist idiots. I find my self argueing with these morons just about every day because of their racist comments about people who are not white. Its like you have to be racist to be cool at my school, its awful.

I am racist against people who don't speak good english.

on a more serious note:

There is not really that much racism here in Canada because there are so many different races living here; for example, Toronto has a Cinatown, a Koreatown, Greektown, Littleitaly, jamacatown etc etc....

^ I mean it's not like Canada is a very racist country.

But it does exist to some extent. And I'm sure just like any country you can find pockets of the population where it gets bad.

Racism is unforunatly an ugly part of human nature.

Edit: In fact just look at the native occupation of Caledonia. That's probably the best example of racism in Canada. Although a more extreme and complex example.

In Belgium the racist feelings exist without doubt. Due to not want to do the dirty work, we belgians "imported" alot of turkish and marrocan people to work in the mines. Now that the mines are closed, alot of these coloured people don't return to there country since they built a house here etc. Belgians now see them as a thread because they reproduce themselfs much faster, and they let relatives from their nativecountry fly over etc.

A couple of months ago, a belgian youngster was stabbed to death for his MP3 player. That caused alot of uproar in Belgian, and racist feelings were enhanced. Now alot of incidents have happened: shooting a black nanny (and the white child she was taking care of), punching a black man in the hospital etc.

Now alot of coloured people starve themselfs to death as a political weapon to get a legal pasport. Alot of Belgians are against this, so the racist feelings are fed again.

I don't want to say Belgium is a very racist country, but the problem exists without a doubt, and it has been escalating the past months.

I catch the third degree and dirty looks sometimes when i'm at the mall or out to eat with my friends....I've had alot of people ask me why I hang out with my friends...because all my real friends just happen to be white and i'm the only black guy in the group...Hey...I made friends with them because they are all goofy, like myself and we have a good time together...I didn't choose them because the color of their skin and vise versa. I caught a racial slur a month ago from the door greeter in Wal*mart....I just walked in and I heard someone behind me say "why do all these black kids come here?...they should be at the cd store buying rap" and oh what a stereo type that is...I listen to all kinds of music...but thats off subject...I ended up losing my cool which rarely ever happens just to prove a point...ah but oh well...thats life.

Everyone's a little bit racist...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lT7xD-1H_Sw

"...If we all could just admit, we all are racist a little bit, even though we all know that its wrong. Maybe it will help us get along."

Its interesting though, we played a game in biology class today called "cross the Line" basically, everyone stood on one side of the room, and when the teacher read somthing like "You have a friend who is gay/lesbian/bi/transgender" all the people who that applied to walked onto the other side of the classroom, everyone looks around to see who is where, then everyone goes back.

Anyhoo, the point is, when the teacher said "You have yourself encountered racism that has hurt you" only a few people actually went to the other side of the room. It kinda suprised me. I think the whole issue is overblown a little.

Im not saying that its not a problem though. It does still exist and its still wrong.

I have no problem with racism. It usually provides some of the best jokes.

Is it wrong for me to say I agree with you. I have heard some nig jokes that made me die on the floor laughing.

The only reason I said something about racist in Europe was that i was watching this special about this frech soccer guy who has to play thru monkey sound chants and stuff at games.

I use to work in the mountains for a river outfitter and some of the employees where card carrying members of the group of ghost that burn lower case t's. He thought all black people where like what you see in rap videos and on cops. Then he met me and it blew his mind about how different i was to from what he has learned thru media.

Just Wondering Elissa to me to "Just ask Casey about the 'spitting incident'!". Whos Casey and what was the spitting incident.

Today the Belgian police held raids in several military bases and arrested several members from a group called "blood & honour". This is a group of neo-nazi's who were involved in illegal weapon sales and other criminal activities. The police also found evidence b&h was planning terrorist attacks in Belgium.

Finally, someting good that happens over here!

^^^The World Cup monkey chants aren't any worse than St. Johns fans throwing bananas at Patrick Ewing during the Big East Tournament in the early 80's.

regarding Casey - not a racist thing but just shows the TPRs will stand up for each other if someone is harassed as exemplified when Casey was spit on in England by some badass "houligan".

Personally, I'm not racist in any way. One of my friends is really racist against Hispanics. He says he wants to kill them. I smack him upside the head every time he does stuff like that. I ask him why and he says, "They steal our jobs and come into the country illegally." They don't steal our jobs. They do the jobs we don't want to do. They help us. They just want a better life.That's how I'll end it. Guess how old I am.

This is a very, very, touchy subject, and I'm almost hesitant to talk about it myself, for fear of rubbing some people the wrong way.

I work in a groecery store, as a cashier, in a fairly diverse town. That being said, it's very easy to fall into the trap of believing stereotypes in a job like this, because you do encounter many people of certain ethnic groups that have tendencies and behaviors that almost fit into a pattern unique to their group.

This could be, however, because of the fact that those customers who fit the stereotypes are easier to recognize and remember, and when you're exposed to that sort of thing enough, it's very easy to start believing that every person in that group is like that, that all blacks are lazy and argumentative food stamp peddlers, or all white people are penny pinching bores who always seperate their groceries into multiple orders, or that all hispanics pay for big orders with cash because there's no paper trail...

The above are all examples of things I've heard employees talk about at least once. It's easy to forget that there are tons of exceptions to the rule. I readily noticed, for one, that there are just as many, if not more, white people who are on food stamps.

But i think the big reason as to why racism continues in this world, is that ours is a corporately run world. Hate and fear, are ultimately more profitable, than love and understanding.