TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Six Flags Over Georgia 9/2-3

This trip report is VERY long

Please excuse any spelling or grammar errors, I am very tired.

Ahh...Good ole Atlanta...

I was going because my sister had a soccer tournament in Atlanta, and I have a season pass to Six Flags. So we got there Friday night and our hotel, of course, was on the direct opposite side of Atlanta from Six Flags, so it took about 40 minutes to get there. My sister had an early soccer game on Saturday, and she got a ride to it so my mom could take me to SFOG. We got there at about 10, right after the park opened. She dropped me off and I went in straight to Goliath.

The entrance, and more importantly, Goliath (look at the huge amount of people)

The horseshoe

I was expecting some fairly large crowds, BUT I got to the line and found a hefty 5 minute wait. It was killer! I didn't know if I could wait a WHOLE five minutes!(End sarcasm) Well, of course, I jumped in line and before I new it I was choosing what row I wanted. I walked to wait for the second row and saw an open seat in the first, so I jumped in front without having to wait at all. GREAT ride! Just like in April, it is still just as amazing, if not more, than it was then. After I got off, I jumped back in line and waited another patience testing five minutes. This time I got in the back. I really like the back, but I think I still prefer the front of row five.

It has a big station

They copy Cedar Fair like Sony copies Nintendo...

Yay for the probably photoshopped in three minutes logo

After the first two rides on Goliath, I headed to Deja Vu. I wasn't TOTALLY sure it was running, but I went for it. As luck had it, it was running, so I got in line. Last time I rode the Vu was back in June of 05 and I waited 1.5 hours. I didn't really know what to expect, but I guess the 10 minute line that greeted me wasn't too bad. I was pointed to 7b... I noticed that the bottom wheels are a half inch off the track while waiting. Remembering that it is a Vekoma, I just put that aside and got on the ride. It was a little bit rougher than last year, but still a very fun ride. I hate the first tower catch!

I am pretty sure that this is the entrance to Deja Vu.

What a bad design...

I now realize the mistake I made next. You must remember that I just got off of a Vekoma now, but I went to the Ninja. I'm not sure what came over me. Maybe the new paint job attracted me or something. So, I got in line and saw they were running both trains, but since there weren't enough people, they were only letting people on one train. I was aiming for the fourth car(it's the smoothest), but since I can't count, I got in car five. I didn't realize what I had done until we hit the lift. I immedietally though, "Why am I riding this?" We got to the top of the lift and headed down and I noticed the train jittering back and forth REALLY bad. It looked like a poorly made No Limits coaster. The ride wasn't THAT bad, but I definitallydid not want to ride again.

I feel sorry for those people

Next up, The Great American Scream Machine. I hadn't ridden the Scream Machine in over two years, and after I got off, I didn't regret not riding it in those two years. There was almost no line, so I got myself lined up for the very back. Of course, it breaks down when I am next in line. It had to do with the station brakes, cause when the mechanic came to fix it, he tested it and when the train came into the station going about twenty, I heard him say, "Oh CRAP!" He then manually put on the brakes and it came to a rough stop. I kinda wanted to walk out at that point (and wish I did), but I didn't. They got it fixed and I rode in the back. When I rode it last, it was fun. This wasn't...I thought my back was broken when we hit the brakes. Sure, the ride can be fun, but when I rode, it was FAR too violent.

Yay?

Not yay...

It's old...and stuff

So after regaining feeling in my back, I went to Superman. I snapped a few pictures and got in line to see they were running two trains at the pace of about a train per five minutes(if that). I waited for a couple trains to take some pictures, then left the line cause I didn't even care to ride.

No comment...

People make it out to be more than it is

Personally, this is my favorite part

I headed to the front of the park and snapped some pictures on the way. I found Acrophobia closed *sniffle*... I kept walking and decided to hit up the Georgia Cyclone. Sure, it is rough, but I love it. Unlike the Scream Machine, it is actually fun. I walked onto the back (no wait at all). Good artime, great headchoppers...the trim kind of takes a lot out of the ride though...

It's taller than Godzilla!

Intamin!

W00t!

It makes a lot of noise

I love this shot

Next in the line-up, The Georgia Scorcher. Now, in April, it was a little bit on the rough side, so I didn't know how it would be now. I mainly rode so I could get a picture of Goliath's helix from the station. Anyways...I rode in the back, and it wasn't rough at all. Mighty forceful, just how I like it.

(insert comment here)

Pretty much the whole ride...

The first turn around thing that feels really cool

A rare view...

I hit up Goliath two more times after the Scorcher, but this time I had to wait TEN WHOLE MINUTES! I really was dissapointed in the crew though. They were stacking trains left and right. I rode in row three and row five those two times.

First drop...it's kind of bright

It was then time for a classic...The Mindbender. The line was just outside of the station. I got in line and almost instantly, I was next to get on the front of car 2. Can you guess what happens next? It breaks down of course. It was ok though, because when I was in line, I saw one of my friends in line behind me and he rode with me. They had it up and runnning in about five minutes and still a GREAT ride after 30+ years.

My camera refused to take good pictures of Mindbender

So I only have two...

I would have rode Batman next, BUT it was closed...Instead, Cameron(my friend) and I, went to Goliath. After a five minute wait, we were in row four. It was pretty funny cause we just had a conversation during the ride while everyone else was screaming their heads off.

No trip report is complete without a geeky magnetic brake picture

We got off Goliath and went to Freefall. Cameron had to leave after about five minutes in line, so I was by myself again. I waited about 15 minutes and was finally on. It remains a great drop ride, and the brakes were much smoother than the last time I rode it.

It's mighty fun

It was Deja Vu time again after Freefall. I headed down through the Lickskillet area and found Deja Vu broken down. I jumped in line and they had it running within five minutes. It was the longest wait of the day at 30 minutes. I rode in 8b this time. Awesome airtime in that seat!

This is for all you vertical loop fanatics

My goal for Goliath on Saturday was eight rides, so I headed back up the hill to Goliath for rides six, seven, and eight. I would have gone for ten, but my mom called and said she was about 15 minutes away. I headed towards the exit and bought myself three giant maps. I then went outside the park and took pictures until my mom showed up.

The shot I got from the Scorcher's station

Day One Summary

Goliath- 8

Deja Vu- 2

Mindbender- 1

Georgia Scorcher- 1

Great American Scream Machine- 1

Georgia Cyclone- 1

Ninja- 1

Freefall- 1

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

DAY 2

My sister had an 8 O Clock game, and I stayed at the hotel and slept. They got back at aroudn 930 and we ate breakfast, packed and left for SFOG again. This time, my mom and sister came. We got there at aroudn 11 to get our tickets. My sister was too scared to ride Goliath then, so we went to the Georgia Scorcher. It was her first REAL coaster. I only rode it once, but she wanted to ride again, so I went to Goliath. I was met my a 20 minute wait. I did the same thing as the day before, I waited for row two and there was an empty seat in front, so I jumped on. (Place enthusiastic adjective here) ride as usual.

Bunny hills

I met back up with my mom and sister and we headed to Deja Vu(my mom didn't ride). We got in line and it wasn't TOO bad, but my sister is really impatient, so I had to encourage her to stay in line. After about 50 minutes, we got on 1a. It was awesome on the back tower! My sister loved it too.

Over the loop

After we got off the Vu and my sister and mom excahanged words about the ride, my sister's friend called and we met up with her. I tried to get them to ride Goliath, but they weren't quite ready. They went to the Scorcher, while I rode Goliath again. Yadayadayada, I rode, it was awesome.

For those of you who don't know (especially on this site), Goliath also goes by Joe.

I went back over to the Scorcher to meet back up and they had decided that they would give Goliath a try. We waited about 20 minutes and were on row five. This was the first thing, and only thing, my mom rode all day. My sister and her friend were freaking out on the lift. They loved it though...

More bunny hills

It was Mindbender time. It was walk on, yay, good ride, you get the point. Then we walked over to the Wheelie. I really like the Wheelie, but it gave my sister a headache. She was just hungry, so we rode the Sky Buckets to the front of the park and went out to our car to eat.

It spins and stuff

After we ate, we went back in and went to Superman. The line wasn't too bad, but it said two hours, so my sister didn't want to ride. We went to Goliath instead. We ended up riding Goliath three times in a row, and then we left.

(Plays Superman music)

I could really care less about this ride

Through the trees!

Up and over!

All in all, it was a VERY VERY good weekend at SFOG. I was very happy with it, I just wish Batman and Scro could have been open...

Day Two Summary

Goliath- 6

Deja Vu- 1

Mindbender- 1

Georgia Scorcher- 1

The Wheelie- 1

Sky Buckets- 1

Weekend Summary

Goliath- 14

Deja Vu- 3

MindBender- 2

Georgia Scorcher- 2

Great American Scream Machine- 1

Georgia Cyclone- 1

Ninja- 1

Freefall- 1

The Wheelie- 1

Sky Buckets- 1

I swear that didn't take me three hours to write,

Spaminacan11

Great TR! I was thinking about going, but couldn't make it to the park (stupid work calling me in at the last second-at least it wasn't filing papers ).

That sucks about GASM being rough, you probably sat in the rear of one of the cars. Sit in the middle or front of each car-the ride is much smoother. Still doesn't hold a candle to Cyclone, but it makes it a little better.

Great PTR. I probalbly seen you at the park but didnt know who you where so i didnt say anything.

Nowadays, I dont even go to the back of the park anymore since Vu is always borken, NInja and Gasm give me a headache/backaches, and Superman is nothing special. I used to like Gasm when i first moved to Georgia but now it just plain sucks.

Maybe ill get to meet you next time your here in ATL.