TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

PKI without a car

Hello all,

I was hoping to head down for Pride Night at KI this year however my 14 year old car died (just months before its 15th b-day- sad really) and I won't have another one until October. But I really want to go! I still need my SoB credit! If I take Greyhound down to Cincy (we here in Cleveland have an Amtrak Station and so does Cincy but I'd have to change trains in Chicago to get there and the trip would take 2 days!) can I get to PKI by pubic transit or something? Anyone know?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would think you'd have to take a taxi to get there, unless you stay at a hotel that has shuttle to and from the train station/PKI. PKI does have a drop-off lot underneath the main marquee, but I've never known any public transportation that goes back to Cincy but cabs.

But most important, if SOB is your sole purpose for coming down, wait until next season, SOB isn't expected to run again until next season at it's soonest. It has been seen testing again, but to our knowledge it's never been released back to PKI by the state from it's investigation.

The train station for amtrak is at Union Center Terminal, on the west side of downtown Cincinnati off of I-75. No hotel as far as I know provides free transportation to both the station on Kings Island, which is like 25 miles north east of Cincinnati off of I-71. SoB will not be operating, as stated above, but pride night is an interesting night at the park and if you could go there, I'd recommend it. I'm straight, but I worked 2 of them, and they were actually pretty fun. I have a lot of gay friends and it doesn't bother me, and the drag show was especially funny, as none of the guys took themselves too seriously. If you can, I'd try and find someone to carpool with from Chicago, as the taxi rates will be quite high, and there are normally not taxis atKings Island, so you'll have to call for one and wait when you leave.

-James Dillaman

1) Not one person caught my intentional typo

2) I didn't mean to confuse anyone- I am not taking Amtrak- I would be taking Greyhound- I took Greyhound all the way from Buffalo to Reno once and once you get west of the Mississippi its not too bad- anyways

3) Too bad, so sad they never built that Light Rail there were talking about!

The light rail system was going to go from downtown to the northern suburbs, with a monorail to the airport from downtown, but it was voted down because the taxpayers didn't want to fund the astonishly expensive project. Which, as stated, is too bad.

-James Dillaman

The same tax payers who will vote to add a lane to an interstate (because they can drive their own cars on it) then complain about the construction delays and by the time they finnish the expansion will already be outdated. We here in Ohio are currently widening I-71 a 5-10 year project- several of the completed sections are already over-capacity!

While Over-The-Rhine sucks, what's so bad about Avondale? I've been there and it's not too awful...

He's from out there in the suburbs, and is probably scared of the city proper. North Avondale is actually a wealthy neighborhood, with some of the nicest homes in the city. The rest of Avondale isn't so nice, but it's not what you'd call dangerous. OTR and the West End are the only two areas in Cincy that I go out of my way to avoid.