TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Skyline Park

Also I'm having trouble wrapping my head around how banking would work with mono track, unless the chassis pushes against a section of flat track.

Here is the wheel configuration, from a patent I found a while ago:

US08453578-20130604-D00001.png

There are these two, too. There're the same but filled under the two companies names:

Maurer

Beutler

Also maybe that I look at it in a different light now, but 100 Traction is also said, that at least means the trains are fully locked on the track not just placed, might have been an early tip.

Yeah, my guess was also that it's a powered coaster, just like the transport system shown by Henry M right above (the white track).

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also maybe that I look at it in a different light now, but 100 Traction is also said, that at least means the trains are fully locked on the track not just placed, might have been an early tip.

Yeah, my guess was also that it's a powered coaster, just like the transport system shown by Henry M right above (the white track).

Would explain how we can choose the speed our self, the more throttle you give the faster the ride. I'm getting more and more invested in this ride.

Also I can finally see why this ride is due 2016, it's not going to be a big one, I can see them build this in a week or 4 to 6 for sure, so a mid July opening doesn't sound bad.

Looks really funky. They're booking great progress.

On a side note, Yesterday it came to my attention that this might be one of the last coasters of Maurer AG, They're not quitting entirely but apparently they quit on just the Coasters (Production cost are to expensive). I wonder if anybody knows more about this? Personally I find it odd but anything can happen.

Click here for my source, it's Dutch.

^Lets not forget that's not been confirmed at all yet, i hope that it's not true. This looks like it's going to be a decent coaster, it's certainly something totally different to what we're used to and i think that it's good for Maurer to be offering something that other manufacturers don't currently offer.

I'd hate to see Maurer quit their coaster division. I like their spinning coasters and they seem to have a lot potential in expanding the X-Car/Train model.

With this new single rail track they could try to market a new improved Steeplechase-type ride. Put three or four lanes together and you could have a new version of the Soap Box Derby Racers.

^ You do make good points, but let's be honest. Their spinners are baby town frolics compared to Mack's version.

It's a shame more rides like Shock at Rainbow Magicland didn't get picked up. That ride is a TON of fun and muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch better than Rip Ride Rockit.

My experience with Maurer is a hit and miss. I had great fun on Rock it (rode it only once, tho), I loved Shock and Abismo (the Sky loop inversion is genius ).

As far as the look goes, I like HRRR and Abismo, but Shock is ugly as hell. Same with Freischütz and its quasi-clone in Romon Park (not rode).

As for the spinners, Tarantula, Cagliostro and Winjas are fun, but somewhat violent : Laterals are strong, brakes are harsh... When the wagon enters the station, it stops and open the bars right of the bat, neary ejecting you from the seat. Litteraly :

The worst tho is Crush. It made me sick once because in total darkness, you don't know how you are positioned (tilted? pitched? flat?). The mechanism to put the wagons straight again is the absolute worst, it sometimes hurts

If Maurer exits the coaster business, would it be possible that they sell their parents to other manufacturers?

Though, I feel that Premier's coasters are basically X Car coasters. Even though Maurer makes superior layouts, the newer Premier LSM's are very similar in concept, to the point of which many people thought that S:UF at SFDK was a Maurer when it was first announced.

Oh wow, that's certainly getting a lot more funky looking. I can imagine that the part in that last photo will be taken pretty slowly though because it's all at a very small radius, which should be pretty good regardless!

Maurer AG doesn't exit completely, instead all their coaster stuff will be managed by Maurer Rides in the future while they still produce track and cars. There are four new coasters in the making. Source

Thank you, this kind of information is what I was looking for, so glad they don't quit, but branch it off instead.

Wait is that a flat s bend before the big tornado element? Okay this ride is very very interesting. I thought that small straight part would function as launch, station and brake. I really can't wait to find out more about this ride.