TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walygator Parc Discussion Thread

Wow, thanks for the photos! Looks (and sounds) like they got their work cut out for them. I've always been fascinated with coaster relocations as I would guess the support system has to be modified somewhat as all terrain is going to be different. I never knew there was a clone of Raptor at any other park, guess you learn something new everyday!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^As long as the ground is similarly flat the differences are made up in the supports. Although not a relocation, the two S:ROS coasters at Six Flags America and Darien Lake have the same layout/support (although mirrored) design and the difference in the terrain is obvious in the Six Flags America version when you look at the footings for the ride. Some of them are absolutely massive to make up for the difference in ground levels between the two parks.

I would assume that the delay has been due to the absolutely awful weather during the first couple of months this year. However better late than never, i'm rather excited for this to open! It will be my first big inverted B&M when I eventually make it to France. Roadtrip? Ohhhhh yeah.

so i found some more pics from last weeks on http://www.ameworld.net/forum/walygator-parc-arrivee-monster-coaster-b-m-t19434-page-1300.html from the users "Zig-Zou", "Kingofcoaster" and "walygator-lorraine" which you shouldn`t miss! In between time they are really building it very fast...

the pics from "Zig-Zou":

the pics from "Kingofcoaster", where you can see that the trains has got some love:

and the pics from "walygator-lorraine":

by the way, thanks to this guys for the nice pics!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And Monstre is officially open now! According to a trip report I read on themeparkvision.net, they only run with 1 train so far, but it doesn't seem to be all that of a problem seeing the lines for the ride were remarkably short during their visit.

Also, the MCBR doesn't have brakes yet! See for yourself in this onride video. Apparently the brakes are ordered and will be installed this winter, according to TPV.net.

Onride:

^ It ran without brakes on the MCBR for several seasons at Expoland. I really doubt that they actually need any brakes there, and as long as they only run 2 trains (I can't see that Walygator would ever need more) they really don't need to use the MCBR...

Damn, didn't know Monstre was open already. I drove by the park on Sunday.

After watching the pov, I'm wondering whether the ride is so rough or is it because the person capturing the pov was a bit nervous ?

Edited by Groteslurf

After watching the pov, I'm wondering wether the ride is so rough or is it because the person capturing the pov was a bit nervous ?

I think you're just too used to seeing TPR POV's!

Seriously though, taking a good POV on a coaster is not really an easy thing to do. It actually DOES take a bit of skill, especially with a handheld camera.

I have only really met a handful of people in my "coaster filming career" who can actually take a worthwhile POV with a hand held camera.

Most other coaster POVs seem to look like this one...

--Robb

Also, the MCBR doesn't have brakes yet! See for yourself in this onride video. Apparently the brakes are ordered and will be installed this winter, according to TPV.net.

Couldn't that make that lateral G's on the flat spins pretty high? Or does the MCBR barely slow the train at all? (Haven't been on a B&M Invert for a loooong time)

I also find it weird that the paint job was barely even started on this ride and at the end, the station looks incomplete and they have only one car put together and working. The ground underneath the ride also seems to just be tossed around from construction and not graded or anything. I'm just worried that they will never finish the ride completely.