TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Notre Dame is Over Rated

Jew

It amazes me how much crap comes out of your mouth, Joey. Here's the thing. USC is a cut above the rest of the Pac 10. USC is a top 3 program in the country, and will be for a while, there's no denying that, so at least you're a fan of the really good Pac-10 team. They'll probably be preseason #1 next year, and I'm fine with that. But the rest of the Pac-10 is absolutely terrible. Tennessee, which is a middle of the road SEC team, destroyed the #2 pac 10 team in Cal. The SEC is bigger and faster, as a whole, than every other conference. Sure, some of us schedule IAA opponents to fill a home game spot, but it's because our conference schedule is tougher than most other conference schedules. The reason some other schools schedule tougher out of conference games is because they have to to boost their strength of schedule. Now, some of the SEC teams are starting to schedule tougher out of conference games, but the need to do so isn't there because of the conference difficulty. It's just amazing that you make blanket statements about a better conference, and promote the Pac 10, which has one great team. And USC is great, there's no doubting that, but the rest of the Pac 10 is a joke. Call back when you guys learn how to play defense.

This is why I really wanted an LSU/USC matchup in the Rose Bowl, to finally get some proof of SEC dominance, but I guess i'll have to settle for beat-downs of Notre Dame and Ohio St.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, when you lose one of the more key players right from the start, one of the players that spreads your offense out, it really allows the defense to control you.

And in college ball, its not like you can dig back and get another key player like you can in the NFL. We still got killed, but it would have been a bit different with Ginn in the game.

Oh well, thats the game.

I still stand by my comments. Florida got to where they are partially because they played 7 home games (including power houses UCF and Western Carolina), which made their road to the title a bit easier

shut up, Florida still had the toughest schedule in the nation, even before you take the OSU game into consideration... at least they won the games they were supposed to win unlike SOME TEAM

We can play "10,000,000 degrees of separation" all night long if we want to. I could say the PAC-10 is better than the SEC because USC has owned Auburn and Arkansas, then you could say "oh yeah, well LSU beat arizona, Tennessee over Cal, etc." Then I could counter with something else. PAC-10 finished with three ranked teams as opposed to the SEC's 5. Not a huge difference. Who is right? Who knows. It's all subjective supported by valid arguments on each side.

By the way, how did Tennessee do in their bowl game against the "over rated" BIG-10 team? Guess the slow BIG-10 (if we are playing the conference stereotype game) was able to keep up with those "bigger and faster" SEC guys.

I never said the PAC-10 is a better conference! I'm just saying that the SEC, like every other major conference out there (including the PAC-10), has 1 or 2 teams that can sustain their dominance and a few more "middle of the road" programs that have some history that put together good years every now and then (example: Florida. They were so "big and fast" for the last 10 years they didn't have a 10 win season for how long before winning it all this year??). It's definitely not head and shoulders above the rest like I'm sick and tired of hearing.

shut up, Florida still had the toughest schedule in the nation, even before you take the OSU game into consideration... at least they won the games they were supposed to win unlike SOME TEAM

Georgia Tech? Oh wait, they were always supposed to suck.

• 7 months later...
Well, the game is tomorrow.... I guess Rich is just a wuss.

Well I had already lost my avatar, making it hard to bet. Second no way were they going to win at PSU. Third its not like they were even supposed to be good this year so I am not sure why people seem so surprised. 4 ND's coach is slowly becoming an idiot, i love how he thinks they can win with NO vertical passes.

I think Brady Quinn and Tom Brady made Weis, not the other way around.

Wow, this is great, both ND and Michigan are going down the tubes, while LSU just absolutely destroyed the Hokies. If they keep playing like this, there's no doubt they will pass the trojans in the polls. Not that it really matters, as long as they go undefeated, the BCS title game in the Superdome is waiting for them, and hopefully against USC.

ND might not win a game for another month, which is just absolutely beautiful.

No question they will surpass USC in the polls, there has always been an east coast bias. Beating down Oklahoma meant nothing, going into Auburn and beating them meant nothing as well. USC v. LSU was supposed to happen in 04, so hopefully this will finally be the year we face them.

"No respect" - Rodney Dangerfield

Today ND's genius of a head coach decided to restart training camp. He essentially tried to revamp the offense, just for the GT game and no is trying to go back to the orginal offense. He did this with a team whose talent is dominated by Freshman and Sophmores and he NOW realizes that was a mistake. Really. You mean 18-22 year old kids can't learn multiple playbooks. Hey big guy this isn't the pros and these are not the Patriots.

• 3 weeks later...

^But I thought Charlie Weis was supposed to be the savior of Notre Dame football?

(And yes, I felt the need to bump this thread because it is incredibly awesome Notre Dame is 0-5.)

And as another side note...I wish the title game wasn't at the Superdome this year. No way in hell I'll be able to get a ticket if it's USC vs. LSU.

• 1 month later...