TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo Disney Resort - IN ONE DAY

softwarefailure

Hey guys,

at the end of September I will have two full and two half days in Tokyo. My plan is to spend the first full day in Tokyo DisneySea and Disneyland, the second full day is reserved for Blue Fall, Galaxy Express 999, and Thunder Dolphin, and the two half days for your typical Tokyo sightseeing (Shinjuku, Ginza, Roppongi, Tokyo Tower, Meiji shrine, Asakusa temple etc.)

Now I've never been to Japan and would really like to hear some opinions from people who were there. In particular I'm interested in your opinion on trying to do Tokyo Disney Resort in ONE DAY. Is it possible to grab rides on the major attractions in both parks? How will the crowds be at the end of September? I'm planning to do this on Friday, Sept. 29th. The parks are open from 9am to 10pm that day so I have plenty of time and I guess it should be possible, but seeing Robb's trip reports and the crazy lines for Haunted Mansion etc. I'm not so entirely sure.

Well, to cut a long story short, I would really like to hear some opinions about my plans. Optimization ideas are also welcome. As I said, I have two full and two half days to spend in Tokyo. If I'd sacrifice two days for Disney, I guess I would have to dispose Blue Fall because that trip doesn't seem to be managable in a 1/2 day...

Thanks in advance,

Andy

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will be able to get a really good taste for the resort but there is no way you could do Everything. You could probably do most E-tickets at both parks if it isn't too crowded (meaning 1 hour lines instead of 2 hour lines!).

Have you been to all the other Disney's? If you have, I would suggest sticking to what's different and what you love.

Here would be my plan of attack if I only had one day at TDR:

Be at the front gates of Disneyland with my ticket in hand 1 hour BEFORE opening. Run and get a fastpass for Mansion or Pooh, then ride the other one standby. Get your credits (DL's space and Thunder is pretty much MK's) skip the kiddie credit.

Head over to DS and get a fastpass for tower (I'm assuming this will be insane since it's brand new), then ride Journey, Indy, and Raging Spirits while waiting for your fastpass to be good. Indy and RS sometimes use Single Rider lines. Aquatopia is corny but fun, as is Sinbad. Pop in and check out the Little Mermaid area then pop back out. Oh, ride Journey 6 or 7 more times for me! I don't really care much for the simulator or 20K leagues, but they're different so you'll probably want to ride.

Then you'll have to decide whether to spend the rest of your time at DS or go back and try to ride some more stuff at DL.

Hope this helps!

Ok, thanks. I've been to all other Disneys except Hong Kong (and that I'll do right before going to Tokyo). Still I'd like to get rides on the Tokyo BTR and SM even if they're the same as in Florida. Well, I guess the best thing is to simply try it and if I can't get to everything I want to ride, I still have the option of spending another day at the resort.

Just one more question: How strict is TDR with the Fastpasses? I know from other Disneys that the time printed on it does not really matter in the end. If I have a Fastpass that says "come back 10.30 to 11" they would let me in with this pass also much later. Is this also the case in Japan or do they insist on my adhering to the time printed on it?

If I have a Fastpass that says "come back 10.30 to 11" they would let me in with this pass also much later. Is this also the case in Japan or do they insist on my adhering to the time printed on it?

This was also the case for Japan. In fact, isn't this pretty much an 'unwritten rule' for all of Disney's FastPass system?

--Robb

you can see around all disney resort if you're not gonna ride on

other rides except 3 coasters, big thunder, splash, and space in

disneyland. but when finishing its job you need to rush up to

disneysea and you ride raging spirits first since you'd wait for an

hour but don't forget to get a fastpass for tower of terror before

you get 1st credit. you also get one for center of the earth and

indiana jones because it would get tons of queue lines too when

it's crowded. i've ever waited for 2 hours in both rides and i was

worn out just i'd only got 2 credits. in fact i didn't get a fastpass

for them. this was when i was 12 year kid so now you might not

need to wait for so long time because the rides are showing their

ages.

hope this helps!

Tokyo Disney Resort has so many E-Ticket Rides. Also, September 4 is DisneySea's 5th anniversary, so be careful. It can be very crowded. Not all rides will have long line but some of them have very long line. For example, I visited there in 2003. Splash was 30 minutes while Pooh was 105 minutes. Just be careful planning your times.

^Um, they don't have it because its seating arrangement is 2 x 2 x 2. Test Track is 3 x 3. So when you have a group of 4, they assign you 2 in the front 2 in the back. On Journey, this leaves no singles, on Test Track this leaves 2 singles. Get it?

Journey's seating makes a lot more sense.