TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2007 Group Trips!

no0 i didnt make it... i think ill stay on the waitlist!

hoping to fill in one of the dropped places one of these days then ^^ I am again very excited. I think cause I didn't make the lottery I was like.. third on the waitlist. Need to check my old e-mails on that!

So there are some drop outs in the MidWest trip. Also already for the Japan trip? Ahhh. I've been excited for months now, hehe.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get your hopes up too much for Japan...that's still the most popular of them all! Only one drop to date!

Judgement day is coming soon (payday), I'm putting my hopes on that. That is, if not everyone has payed already Otherwise, I hope to make my midwest trip reservation real.

time will tell. ^^

Hey Theme Park Review Forum Members!

As many of you know we are hosting a tour of several MidWest USA theme parks, and at the moment we have about 10 spots OPEN!

If you are interested, please email me at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com as soon as possible!

You can download the trip flyer here for more details:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/events/events.htm

Here is some basic trip information:

- August 2nd - August 13th 2007 (Departing and arriving in Cincinnati, Ohio)

- 14 Parks including: Cedar Point, Holiday World & Splashin' Safari, Beech Bend, Mt. Olympus Theme Park & Water Park, Kings Island, Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, Six Flags Great America, Riverview Park, Timber Falls, Indiana Beach, Geauga Lake, Sticker's Grove, and TWO bonus parks!

There will also be plenty of time to visit many of the water parks adjacent to the parks listed above. (Soak City at Cedar Point will be included as well)

- Event fee of approx. $1900 - $2000 US or £1000 - £1100 UK or €1500 - €1600 EU includes (actual amount will be announced before the final deposit is due):

- All ground transportation

- All park admissions

- Hotel accommodations (Including Hotel Breakers & Treasure Island Resort)

- Park perks (ERT, Photo Ops, Walk Backs, etc - already confirmed with some parks)

- At least one meal per day (2 meals on most days)

- Trip DVD, Photo CD, Event T-shirt, Luggage Tags, and much MORE!

- Overall, a GREAT value for money!

A Deposit of $200 will hold your spot now! This trip is open to anyone, anywhere around the world. You do NOT need to be a member of any club in order to participate.

Email robbalvey@themeparkreview.com if you are interested in this trip or if you have any questions.

Hope to see you on a TPR Tour in 2007!

--Robb Alvey

www.themeparkreview.com

ps. Feel free to forward this to anyone, or post to any newgroup or website you think might be interested.

How I would love to go on the midwest trip...but I don't think it's going to happen. It's a mixture of money and not having enough holiday days off work.

I mentioned in passing to my family that I was thinking of doing this. The reactions were incredible...insults flew around that I needed to 'get a life,' I was told that I could never mention this to anyone as they would think I was strange. I was told I should get a girlfriend and grow up. My mother said that she never wanted to hear again that I even considered going on a rollercoaster trip!

All I want to do is have a bit of fun...it's a pretty harmless hobby. I'll never get a chance again to do something like this. Oh well!

^^If you do just join in at this last minute though, we can give an extension of a week or two if it helps.

Should I join the Midwest trip instead of waiting for dropouts on the 16th for the Japan trip? I've been going on and on about it in my head.

mousedit:

thanks Elissa

Robb & Elissa, I just found out that I wil be in Japan during the Japan trip (courtesy of the USAF) and I was wondering if I can meet up with the group for a day or two. I know that I won't get any of the perks, but that's cool. Also, could you add me to the Japan forum so I can keep up to date on things.

Thanks.

^if Robb and Elissa have not already responded to you via PM the best course of action is to send one of them a PM and let one of them know exactly what you need.

Hope you get the info you need and can make a trip, they are a blast

Ugh, I feel like throwing up. There is room for the Midwest Trip and I still am not allowed to go. Oh, get this. We aren't going on vacation this year ( ), so my parents used $5,000 to buy new kitchen appliances that didn't need to be replaced! That could have gotten me and my mom on the trip! Good lord!

Ugh, I feel like throwing up. There is room for the Midwest Trip and I still am not allowed to go. Oh, get this. We aren't going on vacation this year ( ), so my parents used $5,000 to buy new kitchen appliances that didn't need to be replaced! That could have gotten me and my mom on the trip! Good lord!

I feel your pain man, however you have to learn patience and make sure your parents aren't those nazi type that think EVERY person on the internet is a pedophile [like Barry].

Seriously though, consider any of the trips coming when you turn 18, that way you won't have to worry about your parents and you have more freedom.

I'm tempted to do the east coast trip too, but I'm sure money will be tight...

Alright, so I read the first post and I read the locals FAQ; however, I still got a question. I mean, I know that it says to read all the way through the thread before posting, and I'm really sorry I didn't, but there are 70 pages before this.

Anyways, my question is, for these bus rides and everything, are they made exclusively for those people who live by you guys [the Alvey's] because otherwise, it would appear you guys would be picking people up on the way, y'kno, and I just get this strong feeling that you guys don't do that.

If that's the case though [where everyone part of the trip pretty much lives in California or nearby], then how exactly would someone from Michigan [like me] become part of the trip?

What I seemed to understand from the locals frequently asked question deal was that one that lives locally to the destination of the trip is welcome to join all of you except that they don't get every perk included with traveling with all of you; however, it would appear, from the very same response that there ARE still SOME perks to joining the group without actually being part of the party.

Or do I have this all wrong and am misconstruing it all?

I apologize if you've already answered this question multiple times; and I apologize if this is just common sense, and I just don't know it.

edit*

Actually, I think I got some of my questions answered in the flyer. I'll be back for any additional questions and will leave the above for reference. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

edit**

So, just for my comfort, correct me if I'm wrong.

If I lived in Michigan and I met everyone at the hotel and was accomodated into the party [although it appears there is very limited or no space left] I would still be paying $1900 - $2000 which would cover lodging, transportation, exclusive perks, etc, yes?

And if I'm too poor to afford the package and decided to drive to one or more or all destinations from my Michigan home but still met you guys, I would still get some perks?

edit***

Oh geez. I read the answer to the FAQ over and over again, and I finally got it. Unfortunately, it would appear my insufficient fundage will result in no perks; however, if I do catch you guys at cedar... HOLY GUACAMOLE that'd be major rockin'. [Pardon the slang. I read the rules. :p Unless there's more. =O ]

From all your edits it looks like you figured everything you needed to know out by now good for you.

I was under the impression you thought that it was weird that you had to pay for your trip to Cincinatti, right?

Anyway, the trip starts there. Everyone from all over the world can go to Cincinatti airport (and pay for their flights). Including plane-tickets into the total amount of money would be weird because well.. flying in from Amsterdam (like myself) is quite the bit more expensive than flying in from say Michigan ^^

So those are the two different costs you have:

*Getting to Cincinatti airport

*Paying for the trip (including hotels, food, tickets for the parks, busride etc.)

If you ride to all those parks by yourself, you can meet up with the group (fun!) but you won't be getting the perks the group gets or anything. -- Just posting to make sure you had everything answered correctly

^Also, if you stick with the group on the buses, the most fun can be had on the way to the parks. I know from the UK trips, we had a lot of fun on the buses. We chatted, watched DVDs, made fun of people, saw interesting sites, and other things. If you did travel on your own and took the same route, you'll probably end up spending the same amount of $ as the packaged trip costs.