TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2007 Group Trips!

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's interesting how, at the beginning of this thread, there were a lot of people freaking out over getting a spot on the midwest trip. But now, with the deadline nearly here, there are still spots open.

I have to admit, I almost didn't send in a deposit due to all the...um, junior posters who were threatening to turn the trip into something really weird. ("Hi, I'm 12, and this is my dad. He doesn't like rollercoasters.") I guess I should have known that all those parents wouldn't want to come anyway.

It's interesting how, at the beginning of this thread, there were a lot of people freaking out over getting a spot on the midwest trip. But now, with the deadline nearly here, there are still spots open.

I have to admit, I almost didn't send in a deposit due to all the...um, junior posters who were threatening to turn the trip into something really weird. ("Hi, I'm 12, and this is my dad. He doesn't like rollercoasters.") I guess I should have known that all those parents wouldn't want to come anyway.

You beat me to it. I was going to wait to the deadline and point out the fact that even with all those UK'ers who had guaranteed spots that were obviously going to fill up the trips and make them all cliquey, there are still spots left. Amazing, I guess some of us should have told the younger posters that there would be spots if you wanted to go.

^ And it's very interesting to see that very few of those people (which we assumed) actually are going!

--Robb

As long as there's enough of us "old fogeys" going along, I'm OK with it. If I'm following what you said.

from what age and up are you considered an "old fogey" ? ^^ I shouldve hit 22 by then. Old? hehe.

^ I've read that Wicked Twister has had it's seat belts modified, making it much easier to ride for larger guests.

Millenium Force has always been the problem ride. It can vary from seat to seat, and ride op to ride op. Even the time of the year which will affect how strict they are.

It's to the point that if you're well over 6 feet, or in the range of 200 pounds that you should be considered a chance of getting kicked off.

Well, that's just not fair. (I'm 6'2)

If it matters, I was able to squeeze onto Superman: Ride of Steel at SFA. I wasn't very comfortable and I had to take off my shoes but I shoehorned myself onto that puppy (after being turned away several times).

^ If you drink heavily and can get up the next morning with relative ease.....you're a step ahead of me.

Well I started at age 16.. because I live in the Netherlands.. so that would give me 5 extra experience years. I guess it would make me 27 by the time we go on the trip

hehe, weird maths.

Twister II [7:31pm]: I've sent in my PayPal deposit, can I get a confermation email noteing the transaction is complete?

SharkTums [10:36pm]: Twister, I check paypal and deposits once a day. You will receive a confirmation within 24 hours.

I sent my paypal deposit in last week (9/21), and I haven't recieved an acknowledgement, should I send a PM if I haven't recieved an acknowledgment after about a week (understand if you are really busy)?

Well, that's just not fair. (I'm 6'2)

Well, the good news is that I probably exagerated a bit.

For the record I'm 6"4 190 pounds and I fit just fine. But I'd say I'm right on the line. I've had times where I've really had to yank the belt hard to get it.

The problem is that the belts are diferent sizes, and they change the rules randomly about how much slack is required.

So depending on your body type you may or may not have trouble getting the belt tightened.

The problem with MF is that even if the lap bar fits fine, but the seatbelt does not then you don't ride.