TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2007 Group Trips!

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL to my McDonalds rehabilitation!

Seriously though, feel free to add it all up in your head, or with receipts as we go. I know some of the UK Tour Peeps did this and were pretty shocked at how expensive everything was, and what a great deal they got for the price!

I realized on the first day in England when I saw prices that we were getting a deal. I added up the estimated costs for the whole trip based on the prices I would have had to pay for everything and the group trip was at least 20% cheaper than I could have done on my own (not including ERT which I never could have gotten on my own). Besides that you have hours upon hours to relax on the coach not having to drive. Also, I don't even want to think of how I ever would have found the time to organize it all myself.

Of course if you are the type that would have season passes to multiple parks, can get ERT on your own, likes staying at real cheap motels, can survive without sleep, enjoys hours of driving each day and don't want to hang out with people then I have to agree these types of trips might not be worth it.

Just based on the fact that so many people on the UK Trip are planning on at least one trip in 2007 should be proof enough to anyone questioning where their money would be going.

BTW, R&E - what % of people on the UK Trip do you expect to be taking at least one of your 2007 trips?

I know its a steal but working for a bank its a force of habit to know where every penny went, thats how I plan my life but I can just do estimates on my own just wanted someone to do the lag work for me!

Jarvis "dont give me that if__________ then this isnt the trip for you line" Morant!

^Yes!

These trips are an amazing deal. I almost signed up for all three of the 2007 ones, but I've been to all the parks on the mid-west one, so I just decided I'll do the other two and for the mid-west just show up at some of the parks the same day the tour is there to terrorize the trip participants!

dt

I sent my Japan check in about a week ago.

As I thought of which trip to take, I ultimately settled on Japan. I had to overcome the sticker shock, but as I thought about it, it would be a pretty good deal. R&E know Japan well and would be great guides. If I went to Japan alone, I know I would be either confused or lost. I did survive Paris, though, but the Japanese language is something else entirely! So why not use R&E expertise to travel into a foreign land?

I decided not to put in a deposit for the midwest.

I'd either want to go to them midwest on my own trip, or the TPR Japan trip.

Theres still a very good chance that I'll put in a deposit for that. I think it'll be the more fun of the two, even if it's less famous rides/parks.

It's a longer (13hr) flight, but i've done it before, so it's not a huge deal (and probably not as long as east coast US people!)