TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2007 Group Trips!

We are not answering any questions about 2008, sorry. We need to get through 2007 first.

No problem! I'll just have to plan the trip myself if you guys won't do the work for me! Though, it's really nice to palm the work off on someone else

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay I'm actually really interested in the spain trip. First I thought I couldn't go because I have exams than (don't know when they'll take place), but now that I know you can get a refund 'till february 1st, I might try to enter...

I am dying to go actually. It would be great to meet all these people I only know from this forum, esspacially Robb and Elissa! The only thing that concerns me is if I would feel left out (yeah you know, I'm known as 'that freaky SD2K fan' )

I have one question and forgive my ignorance if this is already posted: Approximately how much extra would it cost for single rooms?

Well, there's no better way to make friends than to share a room with someone for a week!

Wes you're right, why am I worrying about making friends?!? This is a TPR trip, anyone who hasn't made friends there is either really annoying or simply dead

Last question: Madrid airport is called Barajas right?

wrebbit,

Don't worry about the roommate thing too much. Robb and Elissa do a great job of pairing people up. I didn't know my roommate for the UK trip until I met him on the first day and now I've got a great new friend. I'm bummed that he won't be on the Spain trip. Cameron, you better be on one of the trips in '08!

If you're still worried about the roommate thing, I believe the single supplement was around $750 for the UK trip so you can figure something along those lines for Spain as well, maybe a little more for the Mid-west, since it's longer.

If you're still worried about the roommate thing, I believe the single supplement was around $750 for the UK trip so you can figure something along those lines for Spain as well, maybe a little more for the Mid-west, since it's longer

Okay pair me up because there's no way I can afford that much money

Yeah I'm not worried about not knowing anyone...everyone seems pretty friendly. I'm very outgoing and love to just have a good time. Plus everyone loves coasters of course so there's at least one thing in common.

<---- See I made another friend at the beach this year...lol..

Wow, alot of information! Thank you R&E for informing us so well (and all the other helpful members).

Still - how could I - I have a question.

Japan is something I really want to do, and there is no information on that yet. Fair enough. If I can't afford Japan I would like to do Spain. So I can send a deposit right now via PayPal for Spain.

I read that because of the lottery, everyone has even chances to get in to one of these trips. So if I hold of depositing till the end of September, I should have even chances to get into the Spain trip! (Thanks AJ for stating what has been said 100 times over already).

My question is: will the information//flyer on Japan be ready before the last possible day of sending a deposit for Spain (or Mid-West)? Or should I just deposit for Spain now, and get my money back if I decide (and have the funds to pay) to go on the Japan trip?

I'm starting to think now that my small simple question has been written out a bit bigger than I anticipated, hehe. And that maybe I've answered my own question already

Thanks

AJ

This is what I would suggest for people that are interested in Japan, but would like to do one of the other trips if Japan doesn't work for them due to time/money issues.

Send in a deposit NOW for the other trip you would like to do. Put a note in with it that says you'd like to do Japan, but this is your 2nd choice.

That way, when the Japan info comes out you can either switch your deposit over to Japan, or you'll at least be set in your 'backup' trip!

Hope this helps!

This is what I would suggest for people that are interested in Japan, but would like to do one of the other trips if Japan doesn't work for them due to time/money issues.

Send in a deposit NOW for the other trip you would like to do. Put a note in with it that says you'd like to do Japan, but this is your 2nd choice.

That way, when the Japan info comes out you can either switch your deposit over to Japan, or you'll at least be set in your 'backup' trip!

Hope this helps!

I will do that! Thanks for the quick reply.

As long as I can then switch if I want, cause Spain is only going to be second choice if I can actually pay for Japan

Thanks again Elissa, you can expect my deposit within 10 minutes via Paypal.

AJ

edit: put in the quote.

One note I wanted to add about those of you worried about the roommate thing. Keep in mind that most people were in their rooms for a very limited amount of time. Basically to shower and sleep.

Even if, hypothetically speaking, you didn't end up being 'best friends' with your roommate, as long as it's someone you could tolerate for the short amount of time in the morning and evening you should do just fine.

After all the deposits are in, we will do a more detailed questionairre that will include several "personality" questions that will help us match people up. For example "Do you snore?" "Do you consider yourself outgoing?" "Are you more quiet?" "How much time does it take you to get ready in the morning?" Etc, etc....

There are people who can get up and go in 10 minutes, and others that take 45 minutes. We wouldn't pair up two "45 minute people" as a example.

I hope this help.

--Robb

^If you room with me, beware I snore! Ask rollermonkey Chris Credit Ho, er, Chris B.

I'm waiting on the Jew-pan information before I make a final decision, but I'll send in the deposit for the midwest trip as a 2nd choice. I have to see if my friend wants to come along with the midwest trip.

My solution for putting up with people who snore (or talk in their sleep if that's the case) is put on some headphones and listen to music to fall asleep. Works like a charm for me.

I'm really glad to see some other Canadians planning on doing the Mid-West trip. Geographically speaking the parks aren't too far away from Toronto but it would still be really difficult for me to go out and do all these parks on my own.

And to roasted_marshmellow, you're right, Pay Pal totally screws us over on the exchange rate...but then again so do the banks and credit card companies. Drives me nuts that the traded rate is always about 2% better than what you end up paying.