TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2007 Group Trips!

I did want to add a few things regarding the comments about whether or not the 2007 Trip participants would also get priority seating on future trips.

My knee-jerk reaction would be to say "probably yes" assuming that, if this year we had one trip, next year we have three trips, the following year might be 4 or 5, continue trend, etc.....

The goal is not really to have a "clique" of people who, unless you're in that group eventually cannot join on any future trips, but I will say that having a "core group" of what may end up being 300 to 500 people is NOT a bad thing! At least you have a pretty good idea of who may or may not be going on future trips, and it's a good chance to re-group with people you might only get to see during a TPR trip.

Our trips will ALWAYS be a bit more 'exclusive' than other offerings that are out there simply because we don't intend on having an unlimited number of spaces available. But I do feel we'll have a good selection of seats available on future trips for both people who have participated in previous trips AND newcomers.

This system wasn't invented on a whim, it had a LOT of time and thought put into how it was going to work. It does make sense and it IS fair. So please, do not worry about whether or not you're going to get on our 2008 or 2009 trips, but instead lets focus on our 2007 trips and if you have valid questions about them, please ask and we'll do our best to answer.

Thanks.

--Robb

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt there'll be a lack of knowledge weighting on the lottery, but you never know. I know I'd be enraged if I was one of the older people here and I got beat out by some pipsqueak 15-16 yr. old that doesnt know crap about the trip.

Actually come to think of it, knowledge discretion doesnt sound like a bad idea. It would definately eliminate the possibility of the whiners and illiterates getting an unfair spot, and the people that do read and do know the guidelines and whatnot would have a better chance since they do deserve it. This could potentially backfire on me but there are probably some people who deserve priority over a first-timer like me.

-Tex "Doesnt change the fact that I REALLY want to go "

i am a "pipsqueek 16 year old" and i think you are being unfair. We are as intrested and devoted to theme park review as other people on this site are. Not all of us are whiners and illiterate people and deserve to go on this trip as much as you do. after all we are all tpr members. and most of the 16 17 year olds will have to work there asses off all year to even pay for it. my devotion aswell as every other teenager wanting to go on this trip is as much as yours

always allison

goodluck on getting a spot

im sorry you assume we are all like that..

i really want to go to the midwest trip, it just depends on the money and my parents are shaky on letting me go because they don't really know about you guys even though i'll be 18. I'm going to try to sign up as soon as possible though and will be looking very forward to this if I am able to.

1 question though, about how much would the plane tickets be if I fly in from Lax?

Its not really a matter of people who are younger (guess that wasnt really what I meant to sound like ), its more a matter of just anybody that doesnt read the flyer and thinks they can get on the trip no problem.

Watching this topic and the topic preceding this I've seen so many people that dont read then ask questions when the answer is in the flyer black & white, then they get flamed for acting like that. Its just disrespectful for people to not even take 10 minutes to read what Robb & Elissa have been planning for countless hours.

Remember they had 3 trips to plan out, that means contacting parks, planning out routes, looking @ hotel accomodations, planning check-in/check-out, and many more things I'm sure I've missed. Thats ALOT to do.

^^I've already raised my $2000 for the Mid-West trip, so its not so much price as getting a spot and taking care of minority issues for me. Oh, and I think I should announce to R&E I'll be mailing the check thursday, so count me as signed up

1 question though, about how much would the plane tickets be if I fly in from Lax?

Just do what I always do and go online to Expedia, Travelocity,etc and start punching in numbers. Lax -> Cincinati on the dates you'd need.

Then you'll have your answer.

Haha.... I didn't notice this thread... it was everything I expected.. and more!!

Good luck, R&E.

the pain just doesn't stop

I'm not sure if theres some sort of sublimonal message in those 2 posts, but I have a dark feeling I'm about to get flamed really bad.....

the pain just doesn't stop

I'm not sure if theres some sort of sublimonal message in those 2 posts, but I have a dark feeling I'm about to get flamed really bad.....

No, I think that was directed at the post above you. At least, that was what pained me.

my comment was meant for questions and comments like these:

But a quick question: Why Isla Magica?

Oh and please do Indiana Beach at night, it's so much better than during the day.

You guys check your mail right?

i really want to go to the midwest trip, it just depends on the money and my parents are shaky on letting me go because they don't really know about you guys even though i'll be 18. I'm going to try to sign up as soon as possible though and will be looking very forward to this if I am able to.

www.travelocity.com

Seriously, though. As much as we're willing to help people out to find the best fares, if you're:

1. Not able to search for airfare on your own.

2. Your parents are uncomfortable with you going on a trip with people they've never met.

3. You don't know if you can afford it.

Perhaps you should be asking yourself "Should I really be doing this trip?"

I'm not trying to be mean, but I am trying to respond very HONESTLY to your post. And I'm not saying that if you're not a 'seasoned traveler' you shouldn't be going, but you gotta at least know the 'basics' on how to search for airfare and be comfortable doing the trip, both financially and socially.

Does that make sense? I hope I'm not coming across too harsh.

Also, can we please stop the bickering about who should and shouldn't be going on the trip. It's not making it any easier for us to want to answer questions when we see 2 pages of why "16 year olds shouldn't go" on the trip. If we didn't think 16 year olds should go on the trip, we wouldn't allow 16 year olds to go. Please stop telling us how we should be running our trips.

--Robb "Thanks for your understanding." Alvey

Well, I talked to my parents and I'm not going to be able to go on the midwest trip next year. My dad thinks that 10 days is too much time away from the family, plus he can't ride many woodies these days. Who knows? Maybe I'll just join for a few rides on V2 at SFGAm or something... I'll play it by ear.

Andrew "Hope everyone has fun, best of luck to you who sent in your deposit!" C.

What if your not 15 or 16 or w/e right now but will be bye the trip?

No.

You just failed the first test to get into the trips!

And I thought moderating an NHL team's website was bad... I don't envy you and Robb at all.

You know, if no one answers the dumb questions, perhaps people will figure it out....

On second thought, who am I kidding? Then you'd just get 50 posts asking 'why don't you answer my question?!"