TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Does anyone else prefer forceless rides?

I don't like a ridonculous amount of positive g's in a loop, but I like a ride that is extremely forceful. I love rides in which I feel like I just got my butt whooped on. I don't mean rough, but just something that really gives my body a test. Raptor is a really good example. It performs it's turns and inversions with scary speed and force. Pretty much, I love it when I feel like I'm about to do something at a speed that is WAY too fast, which usually results in a lot of force.

On the other hand, I love it when a coaster maneuvers an inversion with such little speed that you get that big airtime. My number one case example would be the Mr. Freezes. I'm sure you get it anywhere, but I've only ridden them in the front since they installed the lap bars. As the train comes through the top hat on the return trip, you get a nice bit of hangtime, and then even fall down so you are hanging in by the lap bar. It's such a rush to be 150ft above the ground hanging upside-down by a lap bar amidst that tower of steel.

I guess I go either way, but generally like something with a lot of force.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely. That's why i would prefer something like Kraken to Kumba or Montu. On those rides I feel like I came out of a minor car accident.

You think that Montu is forceful?

Sure it has the batwing, but the reason it is my favorite inverted coaster is because it has so much floating sensation and not all force.

I prefer a forceful ride rather than a floaty one. That's why I like Talon more than Hydra.

^ I don't see why your saying Talon is so intense that it's not fun. I think it could have more forces IMO.

Well it's all a matter of opinion I think. The Incredible Hulk Coaster has a really amazing layout, and the launch is a ton of fun, but you feel a lot of force in all of the inversions, and I think it would have been a bit better if the vertical loops in particular had less force at the top.

The first time I rode that, between the cobra roll and the loop, I blacked out quite a bit. Not that it was a problem, but I like seeing things upside down and I couldn't see anything.

^ I don't see why your saying Talon is so intense that it's not fun. I think it could have more forces IMO.

Talon absolutely sucked. You aren't supposed to be blacked out for nearly an entire ride. On top of that, it was rougher than a lot of Boomerangs I've been on.

I love an intense ride, when it comes to loops, make 'em Schwarzkopf

However, I don't discount a ride as automatically bad if it is forceless.

That's odd... I don't think Shwarzkopf loops were that intense...the double loops look pretty intense, but it's mainly the force at the top that I don't like. Since B&M's clothoid loops are much tighter at the top, thats what I don't like.

I need Gs. Having a forceless coaster in some ways eradicates the actual definition of a ride- a device which uses changes in speed direction and force to create a thrilling effect.

To have a forecless coaster defeats the purpose. I am one who loves to be forced- quite literally- as hard and as tight as possible. Schwartzkopf got it right in his rides- Gs, Gs, Gs. That for me is a real expression of masterful engineering when you're near blackout strength inversions ore helices.

Talon absolutely sucked. You aren't supposed to be blacked out for nearly an entire ride. On top of that, it was rougher than a lot of Boomerangs I've been on.

I know that is your opinion and I'm fine with that, but I think you probably just rode it on a bad day or something. Next time your in the area you should give it another chance because it's definantly one of the smothest rides out there IMO. There's only 2 spots on Talon that I ever black out on and they are the vertical loop and the first helix. I'm telling you this because I go there usually 2 or 3 times a month and I've been on it over 125 times in the last 2 years.

I prefer a forceful ride rather than a floaty one. That's why I like Talon more than Hydra.

Well it's all a matter of opinion I think. The Incredible Hulk Coaster has a really amazing layout, and the launch is a ton of fun, but you feel a lot of force in all of the inversions, and I think it would have been a bit better if the vertical loops in particular had less force at the top.

The first time I rode that, between the cobra roll and the loop, I blacked out quite a bit. Not that it was a problem, but I like seeing things upside down and I couldn't see anything.

Hulk is not forceful. I don't care what row you ride it in, it's just not as forceful as Kumba or Montu (trimless, which is rare). I've ridden Hulk 20 times and never blacked out in any row, but I guess that's just me. As for forceless rides, I can't say that I like them. SheiKra was soooo incredibly forceless that it wasn't thrilling at all. Of course at the other end you have Goliath at SFoG, which is a great coaster, but the helix is just a tad bit intense-I black out every time (except front row rides, which I am about 50/50 on). I know most people here are thinking "Goliath isn't intense", but it becomes difficult to ride over and over, as you get a nice headache from blacking out the whole day long. Also, Batman is not a good ride to marathon in the back either-it's just far too intense.

I guess in the end I like a ride with forces, as long as they aren't blackout inducing.

Hulk is not forceful. I don't care what row you ride it in, it's just not as forceful as Kumba or Montu (trimless, which is rare). SheiKra was soooo incredibly forceless that it wasn't thrilling at all.

I think it's funny you just dissed my favorite coaster. Sheikra was the first ride I ever blacked out on. I never blacked out on Kumba or Montu (and I like the trim on Montu, it slows the ride down and gives the second loop more hangtime) but I black out on Hulk all the time.

I just like feeling the inversions. The Immelman on Sheikra is my favorite inversion of all time.

It depends on the ride for me. Ceartin rides are more fun forceful than forceless and vise versa.

Blacked out...entire ride...It's that forceful?? I guess it was for you, but it feel so for me. I thought the ride was very enjoyable, better than that of the B:TR's imo.

Alright, you guys know I was exaggerating a little about being blacked out for most of the ride. I was blacking out after the loop, after the zero-g, through the spiral, at the bottom of the hill, through the corkscrew, through the helix, and at the bottom of the dip.

I will definately ride it again next time I'm in the area. The same way I have an insane urge to ride Dragon every time I go to Adventureland.

Guys, a lot of you are misinterpreting this thread, I think. This isn't about rides with no airtime, just about rides with lung-crushing positives.

Alright, you guys know I was exaggerating a little about being blacked out for most of the ride. I was blacking out after the loop, after the zero-g, through the spiral, at the bottom of the hill, through the corkscrew, through the helix, and at the bottom of the dip.

I will definately ride it again next time I'm in the area. The same way I have an insane urge to ride Dragon every time I go to Adventureland.

Guys, a lot of you are misinterpreting this thread, I think. This isn't about rides with no airtime, just about rides with lung-crushing positives.

Where's the fun if there's no blackout strength Gs? Isn't that part of the experience? Herr Schwartzkopf would disagree!