TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Pope

SharkTums

So they confirmed that there is a new pope...after the Vatican sent out a press release saying that the smoke was actually black and they would be back on Wednesday...I'm seriously wondering if they just put in the wrong color smoke, so quickly had to come up with a pope!

Elissa "poor oklahoma city getting no love now today" Alvey

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger from Germany and is 78 (seems awfully old). His name will be Pope Benedict XVI. He is the first German to be named Pope since the 11th century and the 265th Pope overall.

^^And at least Oklahoma City got a mention on the Today show this morning, but yeah, this does kinda overshadow it. That was such a terrible day.

He is Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger from Germany and is 78. His name will be Pope Benedict XVI

78!!!!!!!!

what do they want to have to elect another pope in just a few years, man thats pretty old

I am so surprised! The new pope is a german Cardinal.

Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger of Germany was elected the 265th pontiff today by the College of Cardinals. He was announced as tens of thousands of people cheered in St. Peter's Square. Ratzinger has chosen the name Benedict XVI, the Vatican announced. The announcement came shortly after white smoke rose from the Vatican chimney and bells rang to announce that a new pope had been selected.

--Soeren

And, the man is 78 years old, so we'll be doing this again a lot sooner than this last go 'round. Especially if you saw the guy. He looks like a heart attack waiting to happen. And when all of us liberal Catholics start picking on him...look out.

Shari

How long do you think it'll take before someone starts morphing swastika's on that pic? I wouldn't condone it, but people are people.

I was watching CNN Headlines and they were talking about the pope when he was a cardinal and this guy believes in not extending a helping hand out to other religions and saying that Catholism is the only true religion making the others useless. Including Christianity. Pope John Paul II was better since he reached out to other religions, this new Pope only cares for his own religion.

Craiggers "Nice job Vatican....."K.

[Edit] I take bach the christianity, thats the only privilaged religion...the rest are pointless. Stupid CNN headlines was incorrect, but CNN was correct [/Edit]

^^why when i was reading that did I think DR. Evil and Scotty Evil.

scotty: i want to be a pope

dr. evil:An EEEEEEEEEEEEEvil Pope???

LMAO Thats the funniest thing Ive heard all day...all week actually.

You said it wrong too. It would be:

An EEEEEEEvul Pope?

Gotta slur it a bit

Great thought.

Well I don't know how most Germans feel, but If I were German, I would be proud

Actually, a recent poll showed most Germans who had an opinion opposed him, 36 to 29%. He's well known as having used his position as head of, essentially, the Inquisition, for opposing intellectual freedom, ecumenicalism, modernism, doctrinal reform, Lutherans, feminism, gay rights, and just about anything that might move the Church from the Middle Ages headlong into the 14th century.

Galileo better watch out. He might have his pardon revoked.