TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tatsu - Run Run Run!!!

Howdy Guys (and Gals).

Long time lurker, first time to start a topic.

The last time I was at Magic Mountain was before Tatsu had opened. We're heading up there tomorrow and plan on getting there before park opening.

Question: What's the quickest way up to Tatsu???

I remember reading something about a "shortcut" in someone's TR. Not sure if that means the bypass route up the stairs past X's entrance, if there's a better route or if "shortcut" translated means elbow your way to the front and trample whomever is in your way.

We're also crossing our fingers for the ellusive Superman "Left Side" Credit

Thanks!

-Garrett

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if you're the first ones to the gate, and you run just the normal way without any shortcuts, (The normal way being that you pass Viper, and go under Revolution, etc.) You shouldn't have a problem. There wern't many people actually runn, just mabye......15-20 people, and we waited for like two trains. Got on and off tatsu in 5 minutes. I doubt you'll have much of a problem. Just get there early and RUN!

Ahhh HA! I knew there was a secret I was missing. Revolution has that weird split exit thing, huh? I vaguely remember, it's been a LONG time since I've ridden Revolution

I've been a part of the hurry up and wait crowd for X first thing in the morning and it wasn't hard to get on the second train, even walking at a moderate speed up the hill.

YAY for out of shape Americans!

^ no they dont have any there, last weekend i went up there and ran through that in the morning and no one was there, and also walked through there a few times in the middle of the day just to walk quicker with nobody saying anything.

The quickest way is to go towards revolution, go up the fastlane path for revolution and just follow it to the end, it lets you skip the whole X/Viper area.

Don't they have any fastlane guards? I know certain parks with fastlane pass lines have a guard watching the area.

It's not actually the Fastlane entrance, it's just a path behind Revolution that leads to both the FastLane entrance and joins up with the ride's exit.

It's the best shortcut up to Tatsu.

--Robb

The quickest way is to go towards revolution, go up the fastlane path for revolution and just follow it to the end, it lets you skip the whole X/Viper area.

Don't they have any fastlane guards? I know certain parks with fastlane pass lines have a guard watching the area.

It's not actually the Fastlane entrance, it's just a path behind Revolution that leads to both the FastLane entrance and joins up with the ride's exit.

It's the best shortcut up to Tatsu.

--Robb

Ok Robb then you have to show me that path when i'm visiting SFMM next month. But don't forget all the other SFMM secrets I have to know.

Yeah... the "secret" operating day when you walk up to the ticket booths and the "attractions not currently operating" board is blank!!!

I don't know about y'all, but I already have my Flashback credit and I'm not looking for a repeat performance.

Freefall had its day, but when Riddler was installed, it just made it look sad and pathetic. I'll stick with the latest generation of Intamin drop towers Thank you very much!

Thanks to all for your help!

We arrived at the toll booths around 9:20, no wait there, but there was about a 50 car pile up waiting to park. Everyone was waiting in one big long line, even though there were THREE open lanes. I scooted past everyone thinking that others would follow my lead... no takers. Then I did something strange... I actually followed the directions of the parking lot staff (unlike the guy that tried to tell me there was one line) and ended up with a spot right on the end, just behind handicapped parking.

A quick walk up the walkway, through the metal detectors and we were about 5 people back in the season pass line.

Walked briskly with the rest of the crowd (it seemed like the general admission lines were moving a LOT quicker than the season pass line) then veered off up toward Revolution, following some young fellers with a TPR t-shirt. Up to the Tatsu station and we were the first train out in the 3rd row!

Thank you thank you!

1 Ride on Tatsu

1 Ride on Revolution

1 Ride on Goliath

1 more Ride on Goliath (they NEEDED 15 passengers, who am I to say no)

1 Ride on Batman

1 Ride on Superman - LEFT side!

1 Almost Ride on the Sky Tower - darn it wasn't open yet

11:30, we were in the car and driving past the HUGE crowd of people heading for the turnstiles

What a fantastic 1.5 hour day