TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Restraints Pushing down

Have you ever had a restraint that would push down on you (such as a B&M restraint), because I think it's just awesome.

But sometimes it can be a pain. Such as a "Looping Starship" ride.

I'm just wondering, have you had this happen to you before? If so, is it a sensation of joy, or is it just pain? For me it's a sensation of joy.

LS1.JPG.5cb8831be143dd1e955691a8dd249188.JPG

The Looping Starship at Valleyfair!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Darien Lake's Viper does that to me every time I ride it. I try to leave myself a bit of room, but they always click again in the loop. Those are the worst cars on the planet, even the Cedar Point Corkscrew has more padding than that. Either your shoulders get it, or your back does. What a poor design.

That happens to me on a lot of coasters. Just yesterday, it happened to me on California Screamin. I think it is very cool, but sometimes, very uncomfortable. This year, I was riding Hulk, and the people checking the restraints pushed it down so far, I could barely breath. Overall, I think it is sometimes cool and sometimes painful.

---Brent

I absolutely HATE when restraints come down on me because of G Forces. it's bad enough that the G forces are there, and make the inversions feel like you are just sitting there and not upside down, but it's so annoying. If the ride op doesn't staple me, then the forces do. I often hold it up at the bottom of drops to keep them from coming down.

I don't see a problem when this happens but how can it make a "joyful" experience? It's just coming down a little bit more...

One ride where it's very uncomfortable for this to happen is SFNE's Catapult and presumably Thorpe's Slammer S&S Sky Swatters) The restraints constantly push down the entire ride squeezing the air out of you. I know people who will never ride one again just because of this fact.

I doesn't seem to bother me, except Iron Dragon at CP. Although this ride probably doesn't pull a lot of G's, I have to push up on the restraints and hold them there the whole ride cause they are quite heavy and almost feel like they are going to amputate my thighs off.

If you mean that you're restraints get pushed down because of gefore, then yes, it's only happened on one ride for me, but I think it's really neat. It happened to me on "The Riddler's Revenge" at Magic Mountain. I was in the back seat, and my restraints started being pushed against me. I THought it was cool.