Flying Coasters!

Which Is Better? Tatsu Or Air!  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Better? Tatsu Or Air!

• Tatsu
    • Air
    • Batwing/X Flight
    • Stealth
    • Superman - Ultimate Flight (any of them)
    • Zamperla Volares
    • Other (Not Listed Above)

Well..This seemed to be an ongoing disscusion among us at the SFMM DVD UK Party. I do Acknowledge those of you who HAVENT ridden Air...Or Maybe Havent ridden Tatsu! But Im just interested in seeing the overall vote...so have fun! And feel free to discuss how you feel!

I personally Liked Tatsu MUCH more then Air at Alton Towers...I didnt like being on my back that much, which Air did a lot of, while Tatsu kept you in the flying position for most of the ride...so you decide!

-Ryan

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They all have their ups and downs. I personally would choose other because for some strange reason I have a real soft spot for X-Flight at the old SFO. Even though its still around i think that it was better in its six flags days(wow i never thought id say that) .

I havent been to the U.K, but for some reason AIR has never really appealed to me.

In fact, what if B&M and Vekoma came together to create a good looking & smooth ride. THat would be ultimate Heaven! Lastley i think that I decided not to like Stealth anymore becasue the whole Borg Assimilator thing just made it stupid IMHO.

I Think all of the flying coasters today are good (yes, even Vekomas) so generally, FLYING COASTERS ROCK!

-SFKK

Air, at least IMO, is easily the "weakest" of the B&M flyers. That doesn't mean it's a bad ride by any means, as I really did enjoy my recent rides on it, but to me it's more of a "flying mine train" than a really thrilling experience.

Unlike Nemesis which is right next door which leaves you with the "OMG!" feeling, Air is very "floaty" and graceful and doesn't really do much for me.

Fun ride, yes, but I can take it or leave it.

--Robb "Air is appropriately named" Alvey

I voted for Batwing/XFlight, Ive only ridden XFlight though. I thought it had a much better layout then the two SUF's I've ridden, but I do think that the pretzel loop is what makes the B&M flying coaster, and its seriously the greatest feeling element ever to me. But in overall ride experience, I'd still say XFlight has it, just because it does a lot more then a few swift turns.

Colin C

Tatsu, hands down! I mean, it's the tallest, fastest flying coaster in the world, with the most awesome pretzel loop ever. And to top it off, to me, it blows X-Flight (the only other flyer I've ridden) out of the water. At least I can ride this one and not have to sit down for a half an hour afterwards

I've only done Stealth @ PGA. Untill now it's the number 1 in my coaster top 10.

I like it that much, because it was the first real flying coaster i've done.

Next month I will ride Tatsu. And I'm sure it will be my new number 1 flying coaster.

Robb said it best-

Air, at least IMO, is easily the "weakest" of the B&M flyers. That doesn't mean it's a bad ride by any means, as I really did enjoy my recent rides on it, but to me it's more of a "flying mine train" than a really thrilling experience.

I'm a Vekoma fan on this one- Whereas S:UF has a very smooth and fluid layout, and Air is just that, a Vekoma is a real powertrip ride- very intense, very cool and the rollovers towards the end are great as well. A long, PozG heilx is included in the mix, followed by the "CCCRRRAAAAKKKK" braking system that can only say "You're on a Vekoma"

I'm still waiting for BGE to go for the brass ring on this one- perhaps a little creative layout within the Festa Italia area combined with the Chariot's ravine could create one great flyer- terrain plus deep drops and some good solid powercurves might make for a great ride.

I've only been on X-Flight, Superman at SFGam and Tomb Raider at PCW. To be honest, I didn't particularily like any of them. Too much on-your-back time on X-Flight and it was kind of rough, nothing really special about Superman besides the pretzel loop, and Tomb Raider is just the worst ride I've ever experienced. I found the restraints [or I guess cage, when it comes to Tomb Raider] on all of them to be very uncomfortable. I voted for Superman because I really did like the pretzel loop..but Flyers definately aren't my thing. Although I might change my mind if I ever get to ride Tatsu.