TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Trends at your School

Homer

We can't wear Shorts, Jeans with wholes, skirts, or tanktops so... yeah we don't really have them fads... but we do wear American Eagle, Hollister, and Abercrombie&Fitch....

Everyone wanted to be country and or skater last year.... I stayed to my preppy roots even though I am a country boy at heart..

Right now is to early in school to have a fad, but who knows...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We can't wear Shorts, Jeans with wholes, skirts, or tanktops so...

I remember in middle school we had major dress codes! No bandana print, red or blue shoelaces, no chains, no shorts shorter than arm length, no straps on shirts smaller than an inch thick...etc.

Then moving on to the high school in the same district, the only dress code is no bandana print or alcohol promoting clothing...people still wear it though and don't get in trouble.

Over here the 'preppy' look is getting more and more popular, ie. Lacoste is everywhere, ie. if you randomly pick 12 people , atleast one of them is 'bound to wear something from the brand', most likely t-shirt polo's or then shoes, where they all get the money for those items (ie. a regular prized polo t-shirt costs 75 € (95 $ ), I don't know.

Also the 'emo' and 'rocker' style is also getting more popular all the time.

Also on breaks, there are like 50 guys (in smaller groups) outside bouncing, passing, kicking some soccer balls on the small school yard which is a bit strange.

(there's a total of 400 pupils in the school, if you count the adjacent junior high (300) and the (my) high school (100).

I realized at an early age that Pokemon was a sad and horrible fad that would slowly die out soon.

Hey, it has!

Actually, some of the kids in my 8th grade played it in the mornings to make fun of the kids who were into it. I didn't give in, but it was funny as heck.

i.e.-they often went "OMG!!111 I B3AT U!" as a mockery.

Card games are dying out in my class. Yugioh is now frowned upon.

There are the girls who think the world revolves around them, and their friends must like who they like and hate who/what they dislike to be their friend.

Then there's the REALLY REALLY smart gamers who play X-Box Live all night and still get straight A's...somehow. That's a trend hard to duplicate for self, isn't it? Best of all, I'm part of that "group" (there's not really a group, just all similar in work ethics, really).

Then there's the "insanities" who wear normal clothes but act slightly crazy at all times, and are interested in everything few have heard about. i.e., me who LOVES Stargate but only one other person has heard of it.

Usually said group is generally getting good grades, as well.

Umm...my grade is a generally odd group who follows all sorts of trends. We're nuts and proud of it.

hmmmmmm at my school we ware a uniform so its kinds hard to do trends with cloths unless its a mufti day

but the wigger thing and the emo/rocker/punk things are kind of big in New Zealand

like the girls ware short mini skirts but the emo/rocker/punk girl's ware tights under then which go to just below the nee and stuff

Nothing really...at my school, there are several different groups/cliques/etc of people, and each one dresses differently. However, the way I dress would be the preppie ripped jeans/sandels/etc thing. See Blazen_AZN's sig...I'm a label whore.

I dress thwe way he dresses.

vvv SIG vvv

The preppy rend has always been at my school, since rich bratty preppies mostly go to my school. Everyone had a bat/bar mitzvah in 7th grade, and people who you would never think are Jewish throw a big expensive Bat mitzvah in Buckhead. Since we have to wear uniforms, the Birkentocks were a trend in 7th grade. I 8th and now they are these new eskimo looking shoes called Wallabees. I don't like them because they can get very dirty and look sloppy. When we have out of uniform days, everything is to the extreme. Some people come in with the very very very very preppy clothes on. Others wear white tees or black tees. Others wear emo clothes such as tight jeans and shirts.

Well not recently but in the third grade, everyone was playing with blayblades in the halls at anytime, even during a mCAS test, lol.

happened in my school also, in 6th grade (4 years ago) someone brought one in for a show and tell type thing and so to stop it we, (the kids in class) all had to through pencils at it.

PoKeMoN It's the Teh Chizzle!!11!!

Ha and typing caps no caps. Annoys the crap out of me.

Oh yeah, I'm Emo to the maxxx yes I only know 2 songs of Fall Out Boy but I'm their BIGGEST fan!

^ People like that disgust me.

I know people exactly like that except it's with the band Panic! At The Disco. That's a fad right now. They make me wanna kick them in the shins.

Does anyone remember pogs at all? Those were very popular way back in the 90s. Also, everyone here has a cell phone it seems...people ranging from 1st to 8th graders all have cell phones, for awhile it was seriously just something to hold onto and look "cool" with. Same with iPods.

Do it.

Funny you should say that...I did. Well not an "emo" kid but my friend who tries to be emo but doesn't dress "emo" and doesn't know what "emo" is. But he acts like he wants to be "emo." So when he was talking about how good P!ATD was and how bad a bassist Flea is I kicked him the shins. It was fun. Except he threw this little plastic toy at me really hard at me in the back. I let him do it though for payback.

Do it.

Funny you should say that...I did. Well not an "emo" kid but my friend who tries to be emo but doesn't dress "emo" and doesn't know what "emo" is. But he acts like he wants to be "emo." So when he was talking about how good P!ATD was and how bad a bassist Flea is I kicked him the shins. It was fun. Except he threw this little plastic toy at me really hard at me in the back. I let him do it though for payback.

P!ATD IS amazing. Nor are they emo like people say they are. But like people that only know But It's Better If You Do and I Write Sins Not Tradgedies, and don't know their other songs, I hate. Especially when they say they're their biggest fan. I hope they burn long and hard. I've listened to them since HFestival and other small little nich venues that no one really knows about.

Anywho, whats on your mind today