TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Baseball Cards! You Collect Em?

Ryan King

I have not collected them in years but would love to get back into it. I have in the range of 30,000 baseball cards, and another 30,000 or so hockey cards. With baseball I never really played the prospect game, I did however with the NHL. I've got minor league cards from Lemieux, Gretzky, and Lindros. All of which I know are worth some money (not sure about Lindros anymore). I also know I've got a prospect card of a 14 year old kid named Crosby. I'm crossing my fingers that he keeps his pace up, since that could end up being a great card.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My last two card sales:

Justin Upton autographed rookie (graded): $110

Jay Bruce autographed refractor rookie: $200

Baseball prospects is where the money is. Of course, I probably also have $500 in worthless cards now too (and another $500 worth of cards I'll sell for $1000 when the rookies have their one big game after being called up). But it is absolutely insane how cards for Single-A players go for thousands of dollars if they are autographed and have a low print run (the Jay Bruce card I sold was numbered to 500).

Of course I also still have rookies of a bunch of Hall of Famers I never intend to sell. My personal favorite being a Don Drysdale rookie in great condition.

My last two card sales:

Justin Upton autographed rookie (graded): $110

Jay Bruce autographed refractor rookie: $200

Baseball prospects is where the money is. Of course, I probably also have $500 in worthless cards now too (and another $500 worth of cards I'll sell for $1000 when the rookies have their one big game after being called up). But it is absolutely insane how cards for Single-A players go for thousands of dollars if they are autographed and have a low print run (the Jay Bruce card I sold was numbered to 500).

Of course I also still have rookies of a bunch of Hall of Famers I never intend to sell. My personal favorite being a Don Drysdale rookie in great condition.

True. The key is getting in and out at the correct times. I purchased many Matt LaPorta Draft Chromes out of the gate, then sold all of them 2 weeks ago when he got dealt. Made a bit on them. I am sure if I held till he made his debut they would go up, but I am happy with the profit.