TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New MTV Reality show possibly to film at Schlitterbahn

I didnt see anybody mention this new show that MTV is looking to film in my hometown of New Braunfels.

http://www.ksat.com/video/9717895/index.html look for the schlitterbahn video in the video index, I could not directly link to the video. It isnt a done deal, in the video they say the producers are looking at a few different parks. Anybody know of other parks that are in the running? This should be a intresting real world/laguna beach type show with a waterpark background, might even be intrested in watching.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is not a very good idea for the park. People who have to be saved will need to sign a consent form saying that they allow MTV to put them on television; therefore, they'll have to end up making fake plots since I can imagine that NO ONE will want to watch themselves drown on TV.

Andrew "Reality TV is getting old." C.

therefore, they'll have to end up making fake plots since I can imagine that NO ONE will want to watch themselves drown on TV.

Yeah...that never happens on reality TV as it is...

I'm just pissed because I have had this idea ever since I first started working at SFMM!

Yea from what I get this show will feature more about people at the park who hook up and are dating etc...Kind of like a Laguna Beach at a waterpark.

Do I think its a good idea? Yes. I work at a water park and know all too much about the drama that happens.

But the funny thing is that I've been talking about a waterpark based reality show for years now...its almost like someone stole my idea...

Later,

Chris

Wow.

Filming a lifeguard sit on a chair all day. Entertainment right there.

As a lifeguard, there really isn't any drama. I work with all college/high school students. We all get along. All lifeguards do is sit in the guard office and talk crap about people, seriously.

Its not filming a lifeguard sitting on a chair all day, like I said it will be just like Laguna Beach but filmed at a waterpark. More like following the staff around as I'm sure they all hang out together, date people they work with, which leads to drama with other employees etc... I don't think it will be boring at all. Like I said I think its a really good idea

I have to say this

OMG MTV IN A WATER PARK AAAH SCARY

I would so rather have snakes on a plane or lizards on a train (this joke is so overkilled)

anyways this show sounds retarded. It may have drama, but it is unnoriginal all thats new is that it is about people who work at a waterpark.

I worked at Schlitterbahn for two years during high school and there was tons of drama. Not so much that it was a bunch of teenagers working together, but for the fact that we all grew up in the area and went to school together. So the drama from high school would spillover into the summer job and then right back into school so it never really ended. A lot of employees that work there went to school in New Braunfels and then end up going to college in the next town over at Texas State.(Me included). So they grew up together, went to high school together, went to college together and worked together for a few summers, I'm sure they can make some interesting shows out of these groups of people.

Nick "Want to be in the background of a MTV show" Hidalgo

therefore, they'll have to end up making fake plots since I can imagine that NO ONE will want to watch themselves drown on TV.

Yeah...that never happens on reality TV as it is...

I'm just pissed because I have had this idea ever since I first started working at SFMM!

I remember that...I still think it would be a better idea than this...

BTW, wdworld17nb...I'm sorry that you live in New Braunfels...It's all good though...At least Schlitterbahn is there...However, I can't complain...I'm there once or twice a year to visit my friends...