TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Busch Gardens Tampa/Africa

Well, this is my first trip report, so ill try my best to make it interesting. unfortunately i dont have a digital camera, so no pictures

Anyhoo, we arrived at BG on Tuesday at 11 am (we planned on getting there at about 9, but the alarm clock broke ). So i thought that we wouldnt really have time to do everything, but i thought wrong...

There were hardly any people at the park. From the parking lot, i saw Montu running practically empty trains. Speaking of Montu, that was the 1st coaster of the day...

Montu: Montu was a front row walk-on the whole day, so I managed 3 rides. 2 front row, and 1 back row.

Montu was great. The 1st drop was great, and so was the whole ride. The wingover was my favorite part of the coaster: it was smooth at pulled some good G's at the bottom. The only park of the coaster that i didnt really like was the corkscrew, but i dont like any corkscews anyway...

Mantu was a good length too, and it kept up a pretty fast pace the whole ride.

Overall, i would give it an 9.5/10

After riding Montu twice, we headed down towards the back of the park to Kumba, which i was really looking forward to riding.

Kumba: Kumba looked pretty sexy with its new paint job. Once again, Kumba was a front row walk-on practically the whole day, so i got in 3 rides (2 front, 1 back).

From the front, Kumba was a pretty good ride. The loop was pretty forceless though... apart from that, the whole ride is great, especially the zero-g roll.

Riding from the back was a different story. Kumba was showing signs of aging...

The ride was much rougher after the loop, and i think i blacked out sometime after the zero-g roll, because i dont remember anything after that until the corkscrews. There was quite a lot of headbanging the whole ride, but Kumba is getting pretty old now...

Overall, i would give Kumba: 8/10

After a quick lunch, we headed to Python...

Python: Pyhton's station was emptier than any other ride in the park, and there was only 1 other guy on the ride apart from us.

The ride was short, and boring, but less rough then i thought it would be. a good ride for beginners, but really nothing special...

5/10

Finally, it was time to ride Skeikra. The ride looks great, and it towers over everything else in the park, and that drop looks amazing...

Skeikra: It turns out everyone in the park was waiting for Sheikra, so we had to deal with a terrible 5 minute wait! OMG! i was thinking about not riding because the line was so long...

Anyhoo, i thought i knew what to expect from Sheikra because i have already been on Oblivion, but this coaster was completly different. Our first ride was right in the middle of the front row. At the top of the lift-hill, there are some good views of the park, and you can see downtown Tampa off in the distance.

But you really dont have time to admire the views, because after about 5 seconds, this is what you are looking at:

http://www.rcdb.com/ig2662.htm?picture=71

Hanging over that drop is crazy, and you dont know when you are gnna go...

When you drop, it is a great feeling, there is some sexy airtime, followed by some good G's at the bottom, and then you head right into the 145' tall immelmann. There is some amazing floater airtime at the top of it, which is one of the best experiences i have had on a coaster.

The second drop is pretty fun, and makes the ride more than just 2 elements.

The whole ride was great, and overall, i would give Skeikra a 10/10

After Sheikra, we decided to cool down on cheetah chase...

Cheetah Chase: Meh, a typical wild mouse, kinda uncomfortable, a bit painful, meh... 5/10

After 3 more rides on Skeikra, we headed towards Scorpion which was CLOSED! no Schwarzkopf goodness today .

So instead of scorpion, we headed towards Gwazi. Now everyone is saying how it is so rough and whatnot, but i decided to ride it anyway, just for the credit. Unfortunately, Tiger was closed so we had to ride Lion.

Gwaizi (Lion): Another pretty much empty station, so we decided to ride the back row.

I was expecting the worst, but i was somewhat pleasantly surprised with Gwazi.

The first drop was meh, as was most of the ride, but there was nothing painfull about it. yeah i guess it bounches you around a bit, but thats why i like wooden coasters; and there were a few moments of a bit of floater airtime...

I would give Gwazi a 6.7/10

Gwazi was out last ride of the day, and in 5 hours at the park we managed:

3 rides on Montu, lunch, 3 rides on Kumba, 1 ride on Python, walking around the bird exibit, 4 rides on Skeikra, stopping for a drink, walking through the gorrila exibit, 1 ride on Cheeta Chase, 1 ride on Gwazi...

So overall i thought it was a pretty successful day...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you wanna get lots of pics so that you can tell us on

your trip to busch gardens africa ask duane marden

in an e-mail right now yeah his website is www.rcdb.com/

hope you've got tons of pics. with no pics this report just

gotta be put-on one and you can't tell us its fun at the

park. but great work on writin' your thoughts for all rides!

COUNTDOWN TO 200TH POST - 1 TO 200

There was quite a lot of headbanging the whole ride, but Kumba is getting pretty old now...

Head banging? I felt nothing of the sort when I was there a couple months ago. Maybe its just that the trains need to be re-adjusted.