TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

I don't get it. What's the worlds sudden fascination with penguins? I just don't get it.

i've always loved penguins they are just so cute. the way they walk and the way they act..

^elissa sorry if you thought i was just liking them cuz of the movies they were in.. ppl shouldnt like them just cuz of that

I think we really have to look at this, not as a 'Journey' version...but it's just a water ride that uses that name. Keep in mind Sea World Texas has always been into rides, especially water rides. For them, this is just a splashdown boat, and it was easy for them to use the same name, font, marketing materials, etc.

Why is it with every latest incarnation of this ride, it just gets cheaper and cheaper ... Orlando started off with a great themed ride, then San Diego, got the ride and 1/4 of the theming, now with Tx, they are getting 1/4 the ride and 1/32 of the theming ... sheesh, this new one doesn't even closely resemble anything with the first JTA - except the name. Looks like a bore to me personally ... quick up and down, I'd wait maybe 5 mins. in line for it, but anything longer, I'd just walk on by.

I just don't get it. It just doesn't seem that interesting to me. :?

Me either Alpengeist! The one in Orlando was just awesome. Incredible theming that I didn't expect in a ride at SW. Theirs is a mix between, a dark ride/water ride/roller coaster. From what I remember of it was quite lengthy at about 5-6 minutes.

These other versions carrying the JTA name are simply water rides with next to no creativity. Great on a hot, hot day, but otherwise...

Why would this be a credit and Splash Mountain not be?

I honestly cannot understand how someone could actually justify calling this a "coaster."

Seriously....it's a water ride. One step up from a log flume.

I can buy people counting the water "coasters" like Buzzsaw Falls or that HORRIBLE thing we rode an Linnanmaki, but this? It's a splashdown boat!

This is a coaster:

with a splashdown element....

This is a "Splashdown Boat"

Seriously, if you counted Supersplash, do you also count:

- Splash Mountain

- Duddly Do Right's

- Any other logflume with an uphill section?

NOT A CREDIT!!!!

--Robb "Unless your name is Jeff Johnson!" Alvey

Why would this be a credit and Splash Mountain not be?

I honestly cannot understand how someone could actually justify calling this a "coaster."

Seriously....it's a water ride. One step up from a log flume.

I can buy people counting the water "coasters" like Buzzsaw Falls or that HORRIBLE thing we rode an Linnanmaki, but this? It's a splashdown boat!

This is a coaster:

This is a "Splashdown Boat"

Seriously, if you counted Supersplash, do you also count:

- Splash Mountain

- Duddly Do Right's

- Any other logflume with an uphill section?

NOT A CREDIT!!!!

--Robb "Unless your name is Jeff Johnson!" Alvey

I don't know about that Robb...I don't see Duddley or any of the Splash Mountains with any considerably decent sections of the boat/car rolling on dry steel track. Sure, it's based around water, but like the splashdown part, the ride also emphasizes the high drop part too. Eh, it's all debatable.

Whatever. Aren't they called "hybrid" water coasters?

^ for me it really has nothing to do with how much track it rolls on for any given amount of time....it's either a roller coaster or a water ride.

I'm willing to put money on it that no one at Sea World Texas is going to point at JTA and say "Let's go ride that roller coaster." They just won't! Because it's a "water ride!"

But yeah, it's totally debatable, I agree. And hell some people DO count freefalls and log flumes too!

I just know I feel good saying my count is nearly 900 and there isn't anything "questionalbe" on it. No relocated coasters, no free falls, no water rides, no cloned extra tracks (Steeplechase 1, 2, 3 for example), no minor alterations, just 1 point for every unique, "no questions asked" coasters!

--Robb "If you have to ask if it's a coaster, it doesn't go on my count!" Alvey