TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Just an fyi -  customer service did respond to my email and were more than happy to allow me to use my quick queues on the new date, which would have been great. Unfortunately we had to cancel the trip because SFFT is closed, our event cancelled, and even the Alamo closed down. Was actually assuming yesterday that SW would close as well but apparently the band is playing on there. 

So, I responded to the response, explained the situation and asked if there was any other recourse (the tickets I bought last March are about to expire as well) I also inquired if I could upgrade to season passes now that I know I will probably be at SWO and BGT in Dec. I'll let you know what they say.

Figured it couldn't hurt to ask:Big Brother Shrug GIF by Big Brother After Dark

• Like 2

Just so you all know and for future reference. Customer service responded in a couple days to my email and immediately refunded my quick queues. Since the tickets that I bought a year ago are about to expire, but under the current weird circumstances, and because we will probably visit sometime in April or May as well as I now know we will be in FL in Dec and go to SWO and BGT; I asked if there was any way to upgrade to season passes without actually being in the park. I was asked to email copies of my tickets and they are "looking into it" So......part 2 to be continued.

• Like 3

I remember reading about Great White and how it used to have a vastly different queue line with a large shark tank. Does anyone have any other information about this? I have tried finding pictures of it before, but haven't had much (any) luck. I know it is a pretty random question, but this kind of forgotten park history fascinates me. 

So I am considering hitting up ZDTs while I visit this weekend, and figure that it'd be better to split my full Saturday at SWSA up then my most-of-two days at SFFT. The only things I'll be doing at SWSA & ZDTs is the coasters anyways, where as SFFT has many more coasters and a few other attractions I want to ride. What I'd like to do is knock out a couple rides on all the SWSA coasters, leave around 2pm and take about 3-4 hours to drive to ZDTs and ride Switchback (don't know yet if I'll need/want one or two hours for 5-10 rides), and get back to SWSA around 5-6pm and get more rerides/night rides until park close.

Does anyone know when the cutoff for SWSA reentry is, and if I'll need another reservation or just a handstamp of reentry?

If I can do this, would I be able to keep my SWSA dining pass/quick queue all day, since I think they're wristbands?

Don't rush to the park in the morning to knock out the coasters unless you just want to marathon Steel Eel for an hour (which isn't the worst thing in the world) as every other coaster opens an hour late and every coaster period closes at least 15 minutes early because it's SeaWorld San Antonio and lol.

• Like 2

We used our pdf receipt for the dining pass. You don't have to get a wristband or anything.  Same for QQ.  Print what they send you in email.  Flash that to attendants when getting food or getting in line.

• Like 1

^Thanks!! I already have it downloaded on to my phone, so should be able to do that with ease. I don't think it'll be an issue if I leave and come back then with those specifically. Will look at the park's website to see if they have anything about re-entry currently.

EDIT: So the website does say that if a guest needs to leave for any reason and return later, we're able to get a handstamp and show that with our ticket when we come back. I'll of course confirm when I'm there but I'm guessing that I should be able to do that, and not face any issues with that or my other add-ons, especially if I'm back by 6pm. 

I'll be hitting up SWSA and ZDT this Saturday as well.  I was planning on getting to Seaworld around opening and then just staying until about 5 or 6 before heading to ZDT.  Switchback is basically all I want to ride anyway and they have a coupon on their website for a few dollars off if you come within the last 3 hours of closing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, coastercrazy216 said:

I remember reading about Great White and how it used to have a vastly different queue line with a large shark tank. Does anyone have any other information about this? I have tried finding pictures of it before, but haven't had much (any) luck. I know it is a pretty random question, but this kind of forgotten park history fascinates me. 

some googling online found this, as part of a wiki entry.

SeaWorld's shark exhibit now sits at Discovery Point, just past the Dolphin Lagoon

so sounds like they moved it.

16 hours ago, bert425 said:

some googling online found this, as part of a wiki entry.

SeaWorld's shark exhibit now sits at Discovery Point, just past the Dolphin Lagoon

so sounds like they moved it.

I remember this. I don't have a picture but I remember you could see a huge shark aquarium while waiting in line for Great White. Even back then, the lines were so short you did not have enough time to enjoy the sharks.  I also remember the year they still had the inside queue line and they put a laser tag room where the sharks were so you could see players play. 

We actually walked through the Shark exhibit and rest of Discovery Point the other day. It was all super nice, I almost felt like I was at a SeaWorld park for a second...

(Can you tell the rest of this park just weirds me out? lol)

43 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

We actually walked through the Shark exhibit and rest of Discovery Point the other day. It was all super nice, I almost felt like I was at a SeaWorld park for a second...

(Can you tell the rest of this park just weirds me out? lol)

So I'm not crazy in my feelings on this. I didn't even realize Discovery Point was anything but the dolphin experience until we decided to wander over on our way out, it's weird it's not attached to the main park since it's what I expected similar to SWO. I liked SWSA but it really felt like it was missing something the entire time.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/3/2021 at 6:31 PM, SharkTums said:

The park just has such a weird early 80's vibe to it still. 

Starting with the big entrance structure - am all for iconic landmarks, but don't think it has aged well!

SeaWorld have put in some good investments recently, so hopefully they will continue to pour money in to how the park looks too.

Just left SeaWorld. My first time at SeaWorld San Antonio. I go to SeaWorld San Diego pretty often since they give teachers free passes every year. Lots of people today but I think most were there for the first day of the 7 Seas Food Festival. Texas Stingray was a walk on. Got a few rides on it. Great White was also a walk on but just did it once since I rode Goliath yesterday. Definitely not as forceful, but not too rough. That leaves Batman at SFOT as the only Batman clone in Texas I haven’t rode. Steel Eel should have been a walk on, but they only had one grouper. This person had to lead people to each row since they are no longer numbered, deal with Quick Queue and special assistance, measure the height of all kids, and send people with backpacks to lockers. They were only running one train and at least one car would be empty each time. Waited about 15-20 minutes since I got in line when the line was short. By the time I rode the queue in the station was about half full. Used my one time use Quick Queue on Wave Breaker to skip a 20-30 minute line. Saw the penguins and that was about it. Some of the food booths have not opened yet. 

On my way to Fiesta Texas now. 

• Like 1