TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

^^I'm checking the forecast twice daily currently, and for now they seem to be thinking it's going to warm up slightly. High of 60* for Sat 2/13 & 50* for Sun & Mon, and showers possible before the park opens. Could still easily change in the next few days but praying for even warmer. 

^Thanks for the update, guess getting the dining pass/QQ set up and Steel Eel will be the first things to do! 

So since I foolishly went ahead and bought quick queue before I had to delay my trip one week due to weather, is there any chance they will let me change the date on it or am I just out the $ ?  (not that is was horribly expensive but...)  I will pause while you all laugh at my naivety on this issue.

Thankfully the tickets I bought last March will still be good as well as the parking.

• Like 1

I would try and get a hold of someone there.  I bet they will help out.  Especially with the weather situation. Best of luck.  Obviously do it before Sat.  Reach out on FB, probably get a response quicker.  They got back to me on there a couple time.

• Like 1

^^I'm wondering about the QQ as well. I emailed them about it and haven't heard back there, but talked with them in Twitter DMs. They cancelled my reservation for this Saturday and said I should be able to use the All-Day Dining for another date, but didn't mention the QQ. Will try emailing & tweeting again, as SeaWorld's call center makes calling practically impossible. I've spent hours on hold with them the last two months, including yesterday where the call hung up on me just after the two-hour hold mark. 

^ They most likely will move the Quick Queue date if you talk to Guest Relations.  I purchased Quick Queue at the gate after being told every coaster was operating, but Steel Eel never opened so they were able to switch it to a different day when the ride was open.

• Like 1

Right now I am still waiting on email responses for the Quick Queue, and may ask again about it on Twitter (surprisingly the only way I got through to a rep on Wednesday), but if all else fails I will try and talk to Guest Relations on the day of my visit. Won't be able to get down there ahead of time to do so. 

^I can definitely try calling again too, and I did have a great experience with the people I've actually gotten to speak to back when I was getting my membership. I've just had a lot of struggle getting through to a representative and haven't waited less than ~75 min on hold before someone was able to pick up. Does anyone know what their call center hours are? I don't believe they are listed anywhere.

24 minutes ago, IronWolfman said:

^I can definitely try calling again too, and I did have a great experience with the people I've actually gotten to speak to back when I was getting my membership. I've just had a lot of struggle getting through to a representative and haven't waited less than ~75 min on hold before someone was able to pick up. Does anyone know what their call center hours are? I don't believe they are listed anywhere.

Check your PMs.  I might be able to help some.

• Like 1

Okay a final update to this situation - sorry there has been so many! I got a response back to my emails, and they decided to just refund me my original Quick Queue Unlimited, so that I could go ahead and purchase a new one for my new visit. Actually saved me some money too, as the new date has a cheaper QQU! TeacherKim, if you haven't been able to reach somebody yet, I'd definitely recommend emailing them/sending a follow-up email if you haven't done so already!

7 hours ago, coasterbill said:

I've had great luck calling Busch / SeaWorld. Knowing them, they'll totally move it. The people who work the phones are honestly the best employees at the entire company.

I agree the employees at Busch/SeaWorld are super friendly, but I had a lot of trouble reaching someone over the phone at the San Antonio park when I tried calling them in December to ask a question the day of my visit.

• Like 1

^ Same, every time I've called SWSA or SWO I've had little to no waiting on hold.  Perhaps it just depends on the time and day.  I see that they responded in time this on this occasion, but I'm sure that they could move the Quick Queue date retroactively if needed, as long as you have the order information from the original purchase.  

Totally agree that SeaWorld's customer service reps are always super friendly!  

So I tried calling multiple times and multiple numbers and could not get anyone to answer or even be able to leave a message. Just a recording at the main published number that wait times were really long and please email. I am guessing with all the weather woes they are completely inundated. I did send an email with all the info and inquiry if we could transfer quick queue or get a refund and repurchase for the correct date. Will let you guys know if I get an answer. If I do not, then will just go straight to guest services when I get there and see if they will help me out, and just for s**ts and grins I will ask what the cost to upgrade to a pass would be since we now think it is likely we will be in FL in Dec to hit SWO and BGT.

Thankfully my ticket and parking were not date specific and cancelling and rebooking the reservation took like 5 minutes.

• Like 1

I know platinum passes were discussed a little on the previous page, but I have quick question for those familiar with SeaWorld/Busch passes (I've only ever bought tickets).

There is a chance I am moving to Florida in June. I will be driving there, and passing through San Antonio. I notice the Platinum Passes at SWSA are significantly less expensive than at SWO or BGT. If I stop and visit the park and purchase a Platinum Pass from there, then head to Florida and live there permanently, can I continue renewing and paying the SWSA pass year-after-year? Even though I'm never visiting the San Antonio park?

I know that's probably an obvious question. I would just hate to get stuck in a situation where I must visit San Antonio to renew my pass even though I'd be living in Florida.

Yes.  I've seen a few posts from people in FL that buy from SWSA and have never visited there.  You will not get perks except parking, free entry, and discounted purchases.  Free tickets, free animal encounter, free skip the line would all be for SWSA.  And you probably wont be able to use the payment system, as it seems to flag on address.

In our family we have two passes from SWSA and one from SWSD and we currently live next to SWO!  It's a little tricky sometimes with perks, but it's worth it for the price.  We have no problem with the monthly payment plan or anything. 

Elissa, did you do the monthly payment plan for the SWSA passes or did you pay outright for the 12 months and are able to continue to renew at SWSA every 12 months without revisiting? Just curious if you HAD to do the monthly payments or not and then continue to do that for eternity.

Edit: nevermind, I'm dumb you literally just said monthly payment plan, lol. Also I can't spell.

• Like 1