TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld San Antonio Discussion Thread

Took another trip over to SeaWorld San Antonio to checkout the progress on their NEW ride, Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster. After looking over the construction, I'd say the track is between 90-95% installed. There are a few outer areas that still need track sections with most of the missing track pieces near the loading station and first launch section. The second coaster hill appears to be higher than the first one but that could be an illusion due to from where you look at the coaster. SeaWorld's construction update says the coaster will be over 60 feet tall, above the water after the lake is filled back in. So that second hill might be the highest one. It appears they have some of the station house platform completed but only time will tell. They still have a lot to do if they are going to also have an area where they explain animal rescues they perform. Wave Breaker’s queue line is going to allow the rider's to experience SeaWorld's story of rescue missions and will invite riders to become involved in SeaWorld’s efforts to protect the wild wonders of our world. NO OPENING DATE has been announced.

DSCF2563.thumb.JPG.5af66fead3c039b57e0e800c5c659359.JPG

This view is trying to show the full coaster but with the trees on the island it is difficult to swee.

DSCF2567.thumb.JPG.3613fd732c1f848611110e3236ff55af.JPG

These are the two coaster hills on Wave Breaker. The second hill (the one in the foreground) appears to be higher that the first. The yellow and green coaster is the Steel Eel.

DSCF2571.thumb.JPG.5537af52834ba2f597e9f293832b539e.JPG

A better picture showing both Wave Breaker's hills.

Shot6.thumb.jpg.933b13342bb37a3924ab2f14cb2f7e70.jpg

This is a picture showing both launch rails. The one of the left is for the first hill.

DSCF2578.thumb.JPG.f328b062e00c5e0747451a6fd8b0d17f.JPG

This again shows the first and second hills, The one to the left is the first hill.

DSCF2581.thumb.JPG.9cb5185f031c9b2c3e8335a6a988704e.JPG

Pictures attempts to show the long sweeping curve the second hill gives the rider.

DSCF2589.thumb.JPG.baa4b6f2e596f7188d544413808ea937.JPG

This shows some straight track that appears to go to what might be the station, but artist renditions just show this as a sort of walkway? Will have to wait until more of the structure is completed to know.

DSCF2593.thumb.JPG.780b4705484b55ff079f04dcff60bf7e.JPG

A better view of the concrete structure built on either side of the track.

DSCF2594.thumb.JPG.5313fed21ceed7abef365e8879eabbd5.JPG

Different view of the structure built on either side of the track.

DSCF2604.thumb.JPG.6ae23aac5b9fb68c9c858eef151d2931.JPG

A view of Wave Breaker's hills. The one to the left is the second hill and appears to be the tallest. The highest hill is supposed to be 61 feet above the water line when the lake is refilled when construction is finished.

^Yeah, and another big B&M would have fit nicely in San Antonio.

You could make the same argument for switching Mako and Cobra's Curse, I want a cool sea turtle themed Mack spinner dang it. Those trains would be adorable, but don't let the cuteness fool you, they spin......

You could make the same argument for switching Mako and Cobra's Curse, I want a cool sea turtle themed Mack spinner dang it. Those trains would be adorable, but don't let the cuteness fool you, they spin......

My wife and I thought the same thing. Having a 9 year old who's not too keen on big coasters really has nothing at SWO to do besides Atlantis, the Shamu coaster, and the shitty penguin ride.

She loves Cheetah Hunt and she can't wait to ride Cobra's Curse.

My wife and I thought the same thing. Having a 9 year old who's not too keen on big coasters really has nothing at SWO to do besides Atlantis, the Shamu coaster, and the shitty penguin ride.

I hope SeaWorld Orlando does something like this for their next decent sized coaster

I hope SeaWorld Orlando does something like this for their next decent sized coaster

Agreed, it would make sense for Orlando to build something like Cobra's Curse that has a 42 inch height requirement. I know they have Atlantis, but they really need another option for families with kids that want something more thrilling than Shamu but aren't tall enough for Kraken/Manta/Mako.

Once again congratulations to America! The Intamin jetski/ATV coasters are some of the absolute best family/family-thril rides in the world. Not to mention this one looks to be the most impressive one of the bunch, even though it will be hard to beat Juvelen.

Once again congratulations to America!

Wow, it's been so long since I've heard those words. And what makes it even better is that it's for something Texas did!

But yeah, this ride does look very fun. I've been meaning to get back to San Antonio, and with this, Iron Rattler, and Switchback Railway all new to me, I may just have to do it.

Decided to visit SeaWorld San Antonio today to check up on the progress on Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster. From what I could see it appears all of the track is now in place. One construction crew was working on the island portion of the ride. It looked like they were doing the final touches on the landscaping. Another crew were working on what I think is going to be the loading platform. There is still quite a bit yet to do there as you will see by the photos. The lake floor is now all concrete and ready for flooding when the ride is complete. There is still no announced opening date for the ride.

DSCF2609.thumb.JPG.85b9b88a83172087c45b249a5cbc5fa5.JPG

This is the view of Wave Breaker as you approach from along the lake on the Steel Eel side of the park.

DSCF2615a.thumb.JPG.4e2b4506a9930a08a87720d4e314c976.JPG

A view of the entire ride from above the lake and behind the Beer Garden.

DSCF2612.thumb.JPG.a348be35d8369fcd670a7718e5437dfc.JPG

This is the island run of the coaster. It is right after the second hill. You can see the construction crew working on the landscaping.

DSCF2621.thumb.JPG.5841fef39ab036257836569c9c8be2b1.JPG

A good look of the track after the second hill. You should be going quite fast here and with the banking of the track on the island you should really feel it.

DSCF2616.thumb.JPG.0d52f5356764e4a124111a0b486600c9.JPG

This picture shows what I consider the loading platform on the left. The launch area should be that other building just prior to the first launch rail.

DSCF2623.thumb.JPG.5b259b32dba5b0fe31daa38a1ec336df.JPG

A better view of the building that leads to the first launch rail. Artists renderings show there is a lot more to this area. Time will tell.

DSCF2620.thumb.JPG.82bf76fc7198cdacade4a8518d2866e9.JPG

This shows both coaster hills. The second hill is to the right and you can see the angle of the hill and how it sweeps down and heads towards the island.

DSCF2630.thumb.JPG.18a4ea92da5d825550c96e85bd45b68f.JPG

This building looks like it is the loading platform. Lots of work yet to be done.

DSCF2633.thumb.JPG.a5ed1f1aa7d2036c13ac9e1a42a2db66.JPG

A close up view of the loading platform.

DSCF2637.thumb.JPG.6b2d2032436008350f1b4ec929f411d3.JPG

A different angle of the loading platform.

DSCF2636.thumb.JPG.e063de82f385b4b048e2e24b204611a2.JPG

The break run prior to the loading platform.

Decided to visit SeaWorld San Antonio today to check up on the progress on Wave Breaker: The Rescue Coaster. From what I could see it appears all of the track is now in place. One construction crew was working on the island portion of the ride. It looked like they were doing the final touches on the landscaping. Another crew were working on what I think is going to be the loading platform. There is still quite a bit yet to do there as you will see by the photos. The lake floor is now all concrete and ready for flooding when the ride is complete. There is still no announced opening date for the ride.

Coming along nicely! Thanks for the update and the pics!

• 1 month later...