TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SFOG This Saturday!

I will be going with a school group to SFOG this Saturday. The forecast shows rain, so I'm hoping the lines will be short! It will be my first trip there, so I want to ride every ride (that is if Deja Vu will be open). I will be going back in August, too. Which rides will be worth waiting in long lines for, and is Acrophobia really as terrifying (and painful) as everyone says it is?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Middle TN (the closest good park to me is Kentucky Kingdom, 3 hours away issed: issed: issed: ), so it will be about a 4 hour drive for me. I will be leaving @ 5:00 in the morning to get there when it opens, and I'll get home around midnight! I've never been on a drop ride, so I'm not sure if I want to start with Acrophobia. But, when I go to PKI, I can't wait to ride Drop Zone 8) . I've heard lots of great things about Monster Mansion, but what's so great about it? Isn't it just a family dark ride?

Hmm I'll be there NEXT sunday ... hopefully adding 2 new coasters, but will prolly only add the one cause deja sucks.

Monster Plantation rocks .. floating dark ride .. so great ...

Acrophobia .. didn't really enjoy it last time, nice ride tho. Ninja was very impressive .. Scream Machine hurt, Superman rocked, Batman rocked, Mindbender was kinda a letdown for me .. GA Cyclone was very nice, except for the trim, GA Scorcher was very very nice and the mine train hurt.

Here's the most important thing you need to know based on what you've said.

With rain in the forecast, make ABSOLUTELY sure that what you want to ride MOST is done right away. SFoG is one of the best parks in the chain, but they're completely retarded when it comes to the weather.

Any sign of rain, forget about it. Hope for a break in the weather cause they go straight to DefCon5 at the first drop of the wet stuff.

I was just there Sunday.

First off. Deja Vu is still down don't get your hopes up. They didn't even bother putting an attendant there at the entrance. lol

I heard from one of the local ACErs that if SFOG can't get it running this year, it will be gone for good. That's a rumor of course, but probably somewhat reliable. Too bad, the one ride I got on it was awesome!

Acrophobia is back running great, it's an awesome ride!

My favorite rides there and well worth the wait:

Deja Vu (if by some miracle it's open)

Mindbender (classic Schwarzkopf)

Georgia Scorcher (my favorite standup)

Georgia Cyclone (Great Cyclone..er..Clone)

Superman (yeah it's a bit boring layout-wise, but I still loved it)

GASM (Oldie but goodie)

Expect big crowds on a Saturday, my advice get in the park before 9:30.

They start running Georgia Scorcher at 9:30!!!

I have been going to SFOG for a while now.

Definately must rides are:

Superman - if you can manage at least once in the front and then once in the back.

Acro - I would suggest starting on this one over DZ at PKI. DZ is higher and in my opinion a lot scarier.

Mindbender - My favorite coaster in the park. Classic Anton. A great ride.

Great Gasp - A classic ride that you should ride before they become extinct.

Georgia Scorcher - great standup definately worth a trip

Batman - if you fell like waiting...would suggest waiting til around close to ride this one.

GA Cyclone - Out of control definately.

GASM - classic out and back fun ride.

Shake Rattle and Roll - coolest scrambler you will ever go on.

Monster Plantation - one of the coolest dark rides ever.

Hope this helps a little.

Unfortunately, the people I will be hanging out with that day are EXTREMELy picky about what rides they go on. One of them will not ride anything if it isn't the greatest, tallest, or fastest in the park, and the other one is terrified of roller coasters. I want to experience every ride for my self, good or bad, so I will just have to ignore my friends' opinions. Since it will be a Saturday, and just a few weeks after opening, I know that the lines will be much longer. Hopefully, the light rain will ward off the crouds without closing the rides. I don't know how to go about carrying around all my stuff: camera, glasses case, wallet, and phone. I think I will wear cargo pants, but will my digital camera and phone survive some of the rougher rides?

My trip was a lot of fun.

In regard to Georgia Cyclone they've done a good job retracking since my last ride on it a few years ago.

Last time it beat you to death, this time was much better.

If they'd take that *explitive* seat divider out of the trains then the ride would be about perfect.

It still stands as my #3 Woody.

Insane coaster. It goes on forever.