TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Parque Warner

Okay so I went to Parque Warner in Madrid last friday, and there's one thing that really struck me: there were no lines at all and the park was almost empty! Every coaster only had 1 train on the track but they just couldn't even fill the train up! I rode Stunt Fall 6 times in a row without having to get out of my chair. The same for Superman, Batman and Coaster Express.

So I'm really worried that the park may go bankrupt, they already had to sell land to get out of debt. Parque Warner is a beautifull park, with very cool coasters and rides, so it would be a great loss.

What do you think of this problem and how do you see the future of the park?

Is mid-august a busy time for Spain parks? I know this is the time where crowds in the US parks start to slow down as well.

When we were there in May it wasn't "crowded" but it was busy. Mid day it was at least a 20-30 minute wait for Superman. Good thing we had our fastpasses!

--Robb

So I'm really worried that the park may go bankrupt,... (...) What do you think of this problem and how do you see the future of the park?

On Screamscape.com you find this News:

Park News - (8/8/06) The WarnerGuia.com website has posted what seems to be the masterplan for turning the theme park into an entire resort between 2008 and 2015. You can see the overall site map here. After a quick online translation of the site, it seems they want to add a water park, the Hotel Warner Bros, Hotel Adventure, Hotel Spa & Golf, a Citywalk restaurant and nightclub zone, a retail mall and an outlet mall.

So I think everything is fine and there is nothing to worry about.

I visited the park on a friday in july in 2003, which should be the busiest time of the year, and the only ride with a line was Wild Wild West (Coaster Express) until they added a second train. When we went to ride Stunt Fall there were like 4 people waiting to ride. People just stayed in their seats....

Every trip report I have read says excactly the same....

I'm going to Parque Warner in a fortnight, we'll be in the park Thursday 7th and Friday 8th September. I don't really know too much about the place, how is it? It looks like Islands of Adventure. How does it stack up against the Florida parks?

I'm having a bit of a theme park fortnight at that time, going to Chessington on the 4th Sept and Thorpe Park on the 13th Sept, I haven't been to either of those parks in well over 10 years

So I'm really worried that the park may go bankrupt,... (...) What do you think of this problem and how do you see the future of the park?

On Screamscape.com you find this News:

Park News - (8/8/06) The WarnerGuia.com website has posted what seems to be the masterplan for turning the theme park into an entire resort between 2008 and 2015. You can see the overall site map here. After a quick online translation of the site, it seems they want to add a water park, the Hotel Warner Bros, Hotel Adventure, Hotel Spa & Golf, a Citywalk restaurant and nightclub zone, a retail mall and an outlet mall.

So I think everything is fine and there is nothing to worry about.

That's indeed good news but do you really think that it will happen? I mean the investement alone would be huge, and who knows it might not turn out to be like they hoped (as was/is the case with the park itself, who could have guessed they would get so few visitors when they constructed this brilliant park).

All the trip reports I've read say the exact same thing.

Plus all the photos show pretty meagre crowds.

Aren't the other parks in Spain also doing badly right now? With the exception of the Port Aventura. I'm sure I've heard Terra Miticca has a pretty lousy public response.

And it seems to be in a perfect location too!

I can understand that Terra Mitica might be struggling. The park is REALLY beatiful and its in an awesome location, but it doesnt have any unique rides that will make people visit the park over and over.

Okay, Magnus Colossus might be unique, but damn that ride is boring..........

Wrebbit and others: how easy is it to reach the park by train? I'm visiting the park on the 4th Sept and I know it's serviced by the Atocha station...is it easy to work out where you need to go/get tickets etc in the station?

You can reach it very easily in about 40 min.

First buy yourself a "tren + entrade Parque de la Warner" ticket for 33 euro, wich includes train and entry to the park. Then go to the place the train leaves (don't know how it's called in english) which is number 4. That train takes you to the station Pinto. There you switch trains and take the one heading to San Martin de la Vega. The trainstation Parque de Ocio is the station of the park. It's a short walk from the park.

It's that easy!

You can reach it very easily in about 40 min.

First buy yourself a "tren + entrade Parque de la Warner" ticket for 33 euro, wich includes train and entry to the park. Then go to the place the train leaves (don't know how it's called in english) which is number 4. That train takes you to the station Pinto. There you switch trains and take the one heading to San Martin de la Vega. The trainstation Parque de Ocio is the station of the park. It's a short walk from the park.

It's that easy!

That does sound easy...a little TOO easy. *glances around suspiciously*

Where do you buy the "tren+..." ticket, at Atocha Station?

Calm, Warner is not in bankruptcy, it it nor will be. Now this is normal, we are in August, and in this epoch, the interior of Spain, is empty ... they all are of vacations.

Is more, from 2008 one will begin to construct the MasterPlan ... really incredible:

Where do you buy the "tren+..." ticket, at Atocha Station?

Hmm at the ticket desk in the main hall

wrebbit I salute you and your country's fine dark chocolate. Thanks very much for the info.

Your welcome!

Don't forget the delicious white chocolate!

• 15 years later...

In recent years there were rumors of a possible Taron-style Intamin coaster @Phantasialand (Blitz coaster) for Parque Warner, using the old simulator building and passing through various areas of the park.

With the new shareholders of the Parques Reunidos group, this rumor gained more force, but it was still a rumor.

In the last few months there has been a lot of news.

On 10/18/21, the official document of the agenda of the City Council of San Martín de la Vega (town where the park is located) and in the matters of the call was found: "application for a license or urban authorization - major work license for the implementation of a roller coaster activity in Parque Warner "

spacer.png

With this, the rumor becames "official".

Rumors started about where the coaster could go:

spacer.png

They started with marks on the ground.

Trees have been cut down in Gotham Park (near La Venganza del Enigma drop tower) where the Halloween passage "La llorona" was located in recent years (film "The curse of La llorona").

spacer.png

The back of the simulator building has been demolished:

spacer.png

Between La Venganza del Enigma drop tower and Scooby Doo dark ride, what look like supports for footers, ditches, and pipes have appeared.

spacer.png

In this last weekend the old queues of La Venganza del Enigma, that were not used because they were for great attendance

spacer.png

Old queues:

spacer.png

spacer.png

The Batman logo has been removed from the simulator, topographic landmarks have appeared, and the rear of the simulator has been further demolished

spacer.png

spacer.png

Comparison of the topographic landmarks of Parque Warner and those used in other constructions. There are already 4 in the park: entrance of the simulator building, next to the simulator queues, next to Scooy Doo and behind the scenes of the Batman stunt show.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Supposedly it should using the simulator building, the rear and the Gotham Park part. All rumors.

Photos of: LaMarDeParques forum

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...