TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Playstation 3 Thread

dylang

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, there will probably be people on EBay paying crazy amounts for it.

They will be buying mine. Heres my ps3 launch plan...

Camp out infront of best buy, get one at midnight, put it on eBay within the hour.

Go to target/toysrus/walmart and wait til they open for the morning and buy another and put it on eBay.

I would expect to get $2400+. I was offered 1000 for my 360 after camping out so I could see them on ebay for 1200ish.

^^ good luck just getting one

They will be in very short supply

I think it could be worse than when the 360 was in short supply

I'll be watching from the sidelines, If I'm not willing to pay $600 there is no way I'm paying $1000+

If you get a PS3, wait a year or so. I don't mean wait for the price to come down, I just mean wait for them to get better an manufacturing the CPU's. Right now many of the 8 cores in the CPU's fail. So many of the chips have failed, they decided that there was no other way than to put some of the failed chips in consoles. The chips have to have atleast 6 of the 8 cores in order to be placed in a PS3. So that means some people could end up with a PS3 with 6 cores, while other lucky people might end up with all 8.

BTW if you havent heard its not coming out till after christmas, so looks like Microsoft made a smart move making a leser capable machine, but with proven technology.

every game cost $50 anyway...

As of now, I'm seeings most new release games at $39.99, however if its a hyped-up title (ex. Kingdom Hearts II) it would be at least $49.99.

But, this is the PS3, the games will cost AT LEAST $50. Maybe 1st party/hyped-up titles would be in the $65 range! Hell, I remember buying N64 carts that were $65 at release. However, carts were expensive to make in the first place.

With the PS3, you'd have to pay the price if you want teh "UBER-KEWL 1337 SPEX!" and games with giant enemy crabs in battles THAT ACTUALLY TOOK PLACE in Japanese history.

I'm not interested in the PS3 at all. I barely even play my PS2 anymore, except for sports games and the like.

Games these days have gotten way too complex for me. All this analog stick nonsense is especially grating, which is why I never got into Halo either. I preffered it when your choices were either a joystick, or a directional pad, as well as just a few buttons, rather than multiple buttons used in multiple fashions.

And everyone is so obsessed with graphics. Games today are all about graphics, graphics, graphics, and little left to making the whole playing experience enjoyable.

They also make you go through so much stuff in some adventure games, just to get to a save point, which I also find annoying. I just don't have time for a lot of games anymore, with work and all...

Don't take it seriously...just the 2 cents of a disgruntled old school gamer, is all.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question: If I go to Wal Mart on the 16th around 2:00pm you think Ill be ok and be able to get one at midnight? Or should I try and go to a smaller store like Circuit City because my friend went at 5:00am to CC when 360 came out and he got a prem. BTW the walmart and circuit city are in a suburb of pittsburgh if that helps.

I have a question: If I go to Wal Mart on the 16th around 2:00pm you think Ill be ok and be able to get one at midnight? Or should I try and go to a smaller store like Circuit City because my friend went at 5:00am to CC when 360 came out and he got a prem. BTW the walmart and circuit city are in a suburb of pittsburgh if that helps.

I don't think that is early enough, last year they (Wal Mart) only got 3 cases (6 units) of 360s and people where waiting there at noon. With the recent news about Sony's extremely reduced shipping, I would say they will probably get the same amount, I guess 3 cases of $599.00 and 1 $499.00.

But that's just a guess , just use your $$ that you can't get a ps3 with and get the Wii

P All "Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!"

I'm not getting one of these until at least two years after they release it. My PS2 works fine. I used to hate Halo's controls but now I love them. They're very useful. In fact I just bought '"Enter the Matrix" for the PS2. It sucks that it doesn't have the dual analog stick control but sometimes it doesn't. I'm not that excited about this at all.

What kind of demographics is Sony targeting? Rich 16-30 year olds that still live at home and have no rent/mortgage, car or insurance payments and parents give them gas money and pay for college?

The only way I'll end up getting a PS3 is through theft.. and even then I wont want to pay $60-$70 for a game... so that means I'll have to find more people/businesses to steal from.. and I'm not really a thief and have no desire to be, so I'll just end up half assing the break in's and end up in jail anyways watching women's tennis with the other inmates.

So.. I'll either buy a new PC when mine cant handle games.. or an Xbox 360.

The Wii looks cool, but freaks me out. Im hoping that they'll make normal games because I think there will be a lot of awkward silence watching people thrashing around in the air..

Eric

Since the PS3's release has been delayed 'til March here in Australia, I think I'm going to have to opt to go for the Wii. While the PS3s graphics look amazing I think the games will lack fun gameplay, which the Wii seems to be packed full of.

The $399AUD pricetag doesn't hurt Santa's wallet either.

meh. i think you guys are overreacting to the price. yes it is alot, but think of what you are getting for it.

1. Blu-ray player (most stand-alone blu-ray players availiable now cost $1000

2. Far superier graphics to anything availiable now

3. I am pretty sure you get free online gameplay

4. It has tilt-sensitive contorller. (maybe it is a piroff of the Wii's controller, but hey, that doesnt make it worse).

Whats with all the nintendo fanboys?

I will give one kudo to the PS3 for its graphics, other than that, I am not considering purchasing one and it could quite possibly be a commercial failure.

We are not Nintendo fanboys, per-se, but the GENERAL gaming community (well, I guess anybody that isn't a Sony fan) thinks that Sony fanboys are retarded due to Sony's lack of imagination these days. The only imaginative thing I have seen lately from Sony would probably be... can't think of a thing.

I cant say much that hasen't already been said other than I plan on holding off from buying a PS3 until it shows up at Costco. Then if I don't like it I could easily get my $600 back.

If you buy anything (except for PC/s and notebook computers) from Costco and save it receipt you can return it any time no questions asked. Seriously I could go there now buy a PSP go outside and drop kick the system and then return it.