TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Current Status of X at SFMM??

vjgx

Hey, my brother went to MM yesterday and said that X was closed. I'll be going on Sunday, and one of the major plans I had was to ride X first. Does anyone working there or with enough knowledge of whats going on know if it may be open by Sunday?

I really appreciate any help (as to support good ride-order planning) with this issue... thanks!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I'm not sure why everyone gives SFMM such a hard time when it comes to a ride being down. Yes, certain rides are not open because its NOT in the budget. Yes, there is a problem with X, yes they are fixing it, yes it will reopen.

_six

they are not changing the 4d part. Six Flags spent millions on x and would not throw it away that easily. First of all they would have to buile a whole different track which is not going to happen with SFMM budget right now. This is just some rumers I hear and they are the most plausable reason for x to be cloased. They are changing the cars and putting more padding plus the foot holders like the have on Tatsu.

^ I'm not sure why everyone gives SFMM such a hard time when it comes to a ride being down. Yes, certain rides are not open because its NOT in the budget. Yes, there is a problem with X, yes they are fixing it, yes it will reopen.

_six

Lift motors usually don't decide to go "BOOM" on their own. Is it a coincidence Goliath had a similar (or was it the same?) problem? I think not.

The maintenance staff are great people, and talented mechanics/electricians/etc. The problem is their hands are tied as to what they can do because of the complete lack of resources they are given.

I have a friend who went from being a mechanic at SFMM to a mechanic at Disneyland who was almost in shock when he had to perform yearly maintenance on a ride and a part that could still run was replaced anyways. His quote was "that would have been good for 3 more years at SFMM!"

they are not changing the 4d part. Six Flags spent millions on x and would not throw it away that easily. First of all they would have to buile a whole different track which is not going to happen with SFMM budget right now. This is just some rumers I hear and they are the most plausable reason for x to be cloased. They are changing the cars and putting more padding plus the foot holders like the have on Tatsu.

Dude...there is no new trains...no new launch...no new padding..no new track. Its the lift hill motor....that's it.

_six

Damn i thought i might get to ride both 4Ds on my holiday.I better ride the Fuji Q one heaps incase X isn't reopened by October.Is there any news that it will be open for the Halloween Period?

I was at SFMM on holiday from Australia the day it broke down in 2002, rode it first thing ,was on the first ride of the day,but rode just once, it was our first of 4 days there,just looking at that idle ride was so frustrating.People queued all day in hope it would open.

Returned in 2004 to no problem the 5 seperate days we always started at X.Its one my favorite coasters (if not the fav.) as its so different and extreme.

2006? X or no X,i thank you Fuji Q Highland.

My fingers are still crossed for X though.

So thanks to Elissa, my topic was blocked on the Themepark section about X.

So from what Ive gathered, it sounds like they closed this X down, to, as Elissa said, show some common courtesy to the sister park?

Ive read a blown out chain lift motor.

And the ridiculous idea of padding being added, with new trains, and a luanch system? Come on people! Padding wouldnt take THAT long to put in! A launch system would require track rebuild, i don think thats the case. New trains? Maybe, but no need.