TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kraken: Sea World Orlando

Hey just another post from the one and only. Just wondering how many people have been on Kraken. I would say this is my No1 coaster of the many coasters I have ridden in my short life

I went on it this time last year and loved it. It has got to be one of the smoothest coasters I have been on. Queue times are fab too the longest I queued was 10 minutes so managed to get on it 14 times. I am planning to go back to the USA in june after my exams. Will defenatley be going to bush gardens tampa bay to ride Sheikra

Cheerio Jon

kraken.jpg.14258c2aa5371b19edc5fb8638f5d929.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, whenever somebody mentions the name of this ride, I immediately think of "Clash of The Titans".

Seriously though, that does look like an awesome coaster. I've seen the other Floorless coasters in action, but that one looks simply intense.

Kraken is awesome. Simply put. It's my favorite looping coaster, and I've been on quite a few loopers. Kraken is very graceful, and has an awesome zero-g roll taken very fast. The mid-course brake is barely on, then you do a loop and do a speed hill down into Kraken's lair, then finish with an awesome corkscrew. Great ride. But you've got to do it in the front also.

-Kyle "But don't forget about the good Journey to Atlantis really close to Kraken!" W.

"What's Kraken?"

Ok, that wasn't funny.

Kraken, the one coaster where the "I can see my house from here!" gag is more of a statement than a joke, because I actually can. Good thing SeaWorld doesn't stay open very late, I can hear the screams from all the way over here. I get a chuckle out of it everytime I hear the seals, or whatever they are, making their loud noises quickly followed by screaming. I don't blame them though. That first drop doesn't seem nearly as steep from the ground as it does when you're about to go down it.

WOW I see that this was a great ride o put on the discussion board But Kraken does "rock like yellow sox".

Anyone going to sea world soon?

Oh who has been on journey to altlanis my dad nearly SH1T himself on this when we went down the first drop its totally awesome (except for those saddos who get you with them water cannons!!! )

Cya jon

kitty.jpg.a899ddfc56dbc570e30649ea469364de.jpg

Kraken was cool, but not nearly the best, imo. Most of these big B&M's are starting to feel pretty much the same to me. My favorite is BKF/Dominator - it has a unique layout and a killer first drop. I'm really looking forward to Hydra also, because it looks quite strange.

-kip-

Kraken was cool, but not nearly the best, imo. Most of these big B&M's are starting to feel pretty much the same to me. My favorite is BKF/Dominator - it has a unique layout and a killer first drop. I'm really looking forward to Hydra also, because it looks quite strange.

-kip-

You are correct!

Killer first drop - Awesome overbank - Great Cobra - awesome MCB drop and sweet helix at the end.

For me, Kraken is the best B&M in Orlando. Yeah, I know Hulk is cool and has a great launch, but I feel there are two many elements in too short a time and space. Kraken, on the other hand, spaces everything out. I love the way one element flows into the next.

I also love the location right over the water, and the fact that most days you can walk right on it.

Great ride!

pianojohn wrote:

For me, Kraken is the best B&M in Orlando. Yeah, I know Hulk is cool and has a great launch, but I feel there are two many elements in too short a time and space. Kraken, on the other hand, spaces everything out. I love the way one element flows into the next.

Kraken spaces the elements out? No disrespect, but what are you talking about? It's one loop after another. Plus, except for the last vertical loop, Kraken has that same old order of elements as many B&M's (vertical, dive, heartline, cobra, etc).

Hulk at least throws a curveball at you. The inversions don't follow the previously-mentioned formula. Plus, you have the wicked beginning. My vote definitely goes for Hulk over Kraken. And I can't even try to throw Kumba in the rankings because last time I rode it, it banged my head so freakin' bad, it was horrible. And, I know the real Kumba is smooth as glass, I've been riding it since 1994. I dunno what was wrong with it when I last rode.

Your mileage may vary,

-kip-

I got to ride Kraken last year and I thought it was pretty good, much better than the other two floorless coasters I have been on Scream and Medusa (SFGAdv) though I think Dominator and the one at Fiesta Texas would challenge it.

Personally I liked Hulk and Duelling Dragons better but I didn't get BGT to be able compare all the best Florida coasters.

I first rode it back in 2000 during the passholder preview day. Compared to Gwazi, which I addented the passholder day for a year earlier, the queues are always short, and you can simply stay in your seat if you want to ride again. Fun ride, and very quiet compared to Hulk, Kumba, etc.

]

I love this coaster... Been on it a couple of times during my 2002 visit. Will be back this year to ride it again.. and again... and again... and again... and... well you get the picture.

My number one at the moment...

• 8 years later...