TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Spinners '07

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a SFoT person, but I dont 100 percent agree. Yeah, itd be nice to get a new coaster, but we just got 10 new rides this year and superman in 2003. I have a feeling that there might be a roller coaster coming our way in 2007, possibly spinner, floorless, or flying (all of which we dont have) and i know there is a giant, record breaking one coming in 2011 on SFoT's 50th, since it is the only one in existance for 50 years.

Don't count on it, bud.

I am a SFoT person, but I dont 100 percent agree. Yeah, itd be nice to get a new coaster, but we just got 10 new rides this year and superman in 2003. I have a feeling that there might be a roller coaster coming our way in 2007, possibly spinner, floorless, or flying (all of which we dont have) and i know there is a giant, record breaking one coming in 2011 on SFoT's 50th, since it is the only one in existance for 50 years.

Don't count on it, bud.

Alright, probably nothing big if anything, maybe just some improvements for 2007. Maybe a new ride for 2008, possibly flat, maybe no roller coaster. But I still have a feeling we will get something good for SFoT's 50. Titan was for the 40th, so there has to be something good for the 50th. Not like anything else we could use.

It is apparent that SFFTis going to get the ride. SFFT is already family friendly actually too family friendly. It is a cute kiddie park, but if u are looking to get thrilled go somewhere else. It has 2 big rollercoasters and the other ones are boomerang type coasters. It is the most beautiful park of the six flags chain but no magic mountain when it comes to rides. Shapiro is full of crap talking about families dont like coasters. Everytime I go there are a lot of kids with their families crying because they cant get on the coasters because they are too short. Shapiro doesnt want to spend the money to add new coasters. It is easier to spend a couple of hundred thousand to put in a new little ride and market it as the big new attraction at a park, but he can no where abandon rollercoasters because that is what six flags is for. Cedar Point is a rollercoaster park and it is full of families and there shares are worth 4 times that of six flags, so i dont buy that crap that families are looking for thrills, he is just looking for a cheap way out. I understand the monetary part but those little children for kiddie land only will be able to ride those rides for 2 to 5 yr where when they get 10 and up they will ride the coasters forever. If you are reading this Mr. Shapiro You will never compete with Disney when it comes to themeing. Kids like Mickey Mouse not Batman. Disney is known for kids and Six Flags for bigger kids to adults. If you fix broken rides, clean up parks, get more effiencent personel, you will get the families back but if all of the attention is spent on one park like Magic Mountain your others will suffer. Every park should get a new coaster every 2 yrs and I dont mean no pookie but coaster like Roadrunner express.

Disney is known for kids and Six Flags for bigger kids to adults. If you fix broken rides, clean up parks, get more effiencent personel, you will get the families back but if all of the attention is spent on one park like Magic Mountain your others will suffer. Every park should get a new coaster every 2 yrs and I dont mean no pookie but coaster like Roadrunner express.

/\ Exactly! Shapiro has no clue what it takes to run even a disney park. Let the kiddies go there and bring back our magic, and get rid of the low esteem. fix the rides and clean up the parks 100percent not the half ass attempt being made now. 3 parks a year should get updates and one major update for another park that will make history, not bait and switch.

The sources letting out the info are credible sources and the only one that the parks are hurting by not letting the information out is the park. Create the hype now for next year, not by tv ads, publicity in the park and word of mouth is much stronger than any advertisement on TV and the only one that watch the commercials is 1-3 year olds and usually by heart. Create the hype now and sell passes for next year with the info, while the crowd is at the park to let others now! Like what Dollywood is doing with the Mine.

Now thats extreme, and putting out the publicity with word of mouth and not in overpriced tv ads.

Well it depends on where you have been. I have been on probably every coaster in the united states and SFFT doesnt have but 2. Super man is nice but when u ride it 5 times it loses it's punch. The rattler is one of my favorite woodies but a park having only 2 major coasters this day and time wont get me there. It is Family friendly that is why this is Shapiro's favorite park. I just went to Great Adventure 2 weeks ago and even though itis the worse park i have eva been to, it has a vast assortment of real rides even though half of them dont work. Poltergeist is extremely painful and short and Road Runner is just a big disappointment. SFFT doesnt have one coaster over 175ft. After going to Magic Mountain, Great Adventure, and Cedar Point this park is a baby park. It is a shame that in 7 years they havent gotten one coaster. Poltergeist and Boomerang are short bs coasters come on with an El Toro or Tatsu but that will neva happen because of where it is located. Seems coastal Six Flags parks only get the biggies.

Dude, SFFT has 4 or 5 major coasters (5th major if you count the mine train)! S:KC Poltergiest, Ratteler, and The Boomerang are all major coasters! 7 coasters and 4 of them major would be GREAT! It'll be the perfect park in my book! I missed the pandemonium credit when I was at SFNE last august and it looked fun! Hope this ride gets to SFFT

We have already discussed the reasoning behind why he wants to change the parks...Teenagers is what Six Flags is geared towards. Teenagers don't spend any money in the park. When something doesn't work, you change it. He is just doing what is logical. Obviously, I don't want family parks because I am a coaster freak, but I can also say, I cant remember the last time I spent more than $2 at the park. I eat lunch at Wendy's within 500 feet of the park and I use those sports bottles and just have them fill it with water, which is free. I also use the same sports bottles from past years.

^Speak for yourself, teens spend tons of money at parks. When I went to WOF with my school, everyone spent atleast $20. Also, when I went with just me and my friend, we spent like $30 each. Teens like to play the games, and buy soda and crap, so dont tell me they dont spend money at parks.

$20 is nothing to them. Most parks make their profit selling overpriced food and drink and souvenirs and adults travelling with children simply spend more money, on themselves and of course their kids.

I am reserving judgement on SF until they have the wheel for a couple more years... Let's hope for the best as always.

i dont call poltergeist, boomerang, and roadrunner express a major coaster. I call The Rattler and Superman a major coaster. This is a small park in comparison to a whole lot of others. It is understandable because it is new, but Six Flags has ignored this park for 7 years meaning no new rides and I dont count Scooby Doo which is for kids even though I enjoyed it but it wont make me drive 3 hrs to ride. This is probably the most cleanest and beautiful park because it is new. The 2nd year after Six Flags obtained this park, they added about 7 new attractions but neither was major and that was understanble becuase they were trying to make it grow but after Superman they have added anything. I go to SFFT e times a yr, but this year I went to activate my pass and when I got there I didnt get that vibe I normally get when I get to a park. So I activated rode The Rattler which doesnt do anything for me anymore then over to Superman which really doesnt do anything anymore also. I left and drove back to Houston. I was there exactly one hr and I brought clothes to spend the night. That is what I mean when I say this is a kiddie park that needs another big attraction. I know too many people who used to go to this park a lot also but now they dont. My nephews dont even want to go anymore and they are 10 and 13. They say it doesnt exicte them anymore. I understand. Repetiton gets boring and if a new big attraction isnt added at least evey 3 yrs then what was once a thrill and daring becomes obsolete.

As far as teens spending money they dont hell I dont. I eat before I go and eat when I leave. I am the person who stops and get my food and put it in mypurse before I go in the movies. I still say Cedar Point is a Rollercoaster park and not kiddie friendly at all and it still has families and people who spend money. Those little kids still have to grow up and trust me by age 7 they are trying to get on Superman.

I dont consider anything under 150FT a major coaster and nowadays if it isnt well over 200 ft it surely isnt. Poltergeist sits in one sport and just goes round and round within itself. It has a lot going on but it is no Superman or Rattler. Some people may like it but that doesnt mean its a major coaster. I went to Hershey Park and rode the wild mouse and enjoyed it more than any other ride there, but I wouldnt call it a major coaster. Poltergeist to me is just a bigger version of Wild MOuse, but it still doesnt aquire more than than the Wild MOuse.

Are you serious? I don't know of too many wild mouses that go upside down four times and have a launch. Do you? Am I missing something? I don't understand how you decide what is a major coaster or not but It is very weird, and not what most people do at all.

EDIT: Do you just go off of how high it is or how large its drop is too? Because if you go off of drop size too Rattler doesn't meet your standards.

It has a OMG 124 ft. drop which means its not a major coaster to you.

Wow, over 150ft. huh. So I guess Thunderhead @ Dollywood isnt a major coaster to you? Neither is Typhoon @ Bobbejaanland? Or Texas Giant @ SFoT , to name a few

Let me say there are ALOT of world-class coasters under 150 ft., and alot of coasters over 150ft. that are amateur POSs. You best be changing how you define "major" coaster, or you're gonna get alot of negative remarks

Anyways, back on-topic, yes an Ice Age themed ride coule make for a good color scheme, but that would be it. If they make an Ice Age themed ride in the BOARDWALK of SFFTEXAS, where there is but one day of pure ice a year, I'll proceed to throw myself from said Ice Age themed spinner.

I hope these are enclosed rides with theming, that would actually be pretty cool. You never know what the new team has up their sleeves. Even if they are open-air I'm relieved to hear they will have custom layouts, even though I like Pandemonium at SFNe I'd like to try those cars on a new layout.

Oh thank God...

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_fiesta_texas.htm

Well, now the question is what will the theming be? because I doubt they'll just slap it back somewhere in the parks and call it a day, what other ways could they theme it? Could this be considered the first ride the new management is building? If so I think the process with which these are built could provide a better outlook on how they will do.