TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Spinners '07

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_fiesta_texas.htm

Scroll down to the stop sign. I believe the part about SFSL getting one, hell they need a new coaster to keep out of the pits.

BUT

http://www.screamscape.com/html/six_flags_over_texas.htm

The last article/rumour. So SFI bought 2 Gertslauer Spinners, and ones probably definately goin to SFSL, but the other could togo SFFT, ot SFoT. IMO I think SFoT could really use a Spinner, but then again, so could SFoT. However since SFoT is my home park, I'm definately pullin for SFoT to get the other spinner. Its good news for SFSL though, they havent gotten anything new since Boss!

--Tex "torn between home-parks" titan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, and as far as I know SFoT has only scored a few Golden Tickets...They need publicity, especially for being THE original Six Flags park. I know its been longer for SFFT since they've gotten a new ride, and they're Shapiros favorite park in the chain...AND they need a family coaster. Yea, the odds are its for SFFT, but it wouldave been nice for this year to be the one that SFoT finally gets something to fill it out.

As long as they build them with a single rider line or Flash Pass, it'll be no problem. I've been looking for another good reason to go back to Texas. While I like the Mauer Sohne spinners better than the Gerstlauers, both kinds are fun and more unique than your run of the mill wild mouse.

I think Pandemonium is fun but never worth more than 10 minutes. If you can offset the weight and get it to spin crazily, then that's a different story. I'm not surprised to hear this news instead of big coasters, definately goes along with the "make it more family frienly" plan. I just hope Snyder's superhero fetish doesn't get slapped onto these things... The new superman freefall made me gag a little on announcement day.

Yea, and as far as I know SFoT has only scored a few Golden Tickets...They need publicity, especially for being THE original Six Flags park. I know its been longer for SFFT since they've gotten a new ride, and they're Shapiros favorite park in the chain...AND they need a family coaster. Yea, the odds are its for SFFT, but it wouldave been nice for this year to be the one that SFoT finally gets something to fill it out.

I am a SFoT person, but I dont 100 percent agree. Yeah, itd be nice to get a new coaster, but we just got 10 new rides this year and superman in 2003. I have a feeling that there might be a roller coaster coming our way in 2007, possibly spinner, floorless, or flying (all of which we dont have) and i know there is a giant, record breaking one coming in 2011 on SFoT's 50th, since it is the only one in existance for 50 years.

At SFSTL, there have been markings showing up all over the place recently near the Caroseul and Sherwood Forest Theater right next to Xcalibur...AND I have heard that the spinning coaster is going to interact with the forest and the paths around Britania Games, possibly going around the Caroseul.

Seems interesting enough, plus there have been rumors of a possible family ride and water attraction for Hurricane Harbor.

i saw something on screamscape for SFMM about shapiro saying about getting a lazer type ride like buzz light year at disneyland themed to scooby doo

They already have that ride!!!, is called Scooby Doo Ghostblasters and is open since 2002

Tatsu junior? I think they probably need to focus on more plausible ideas for expansions. But we're getting off topic

I think these will turn out to be a very big hit in Six Flags parks. Yes they sound like tons of fun(to me anyways), but terrible capacity; but so do a few other rides I can think of. I imagine they're cheap as well, so we will probably see alot more of these pop up around the country.

Is there anyone who could get out to Fiesta Texas or SFSL and take construction pics? Jakizle I know you are in San Antonio, so if someone who lives nearby SFSL could also post construction pics that'd be rockin.

Personally I think SFStl will be stupid to get a Pandemonium clone. Worlds of Fun is about 3 1/2 hours away and they have the Spinning Dragons which was the first of them. Pandemonium is actually a Spinning Dragons clone. It wouldn't make sense to have 2 of the same coasters so close to each other. They need to get like the spinball wizard or one like in the pics of the UK trip.

I would be happy if either of the Six Flags parks in Texas would get a spinner considering they are my two favorite SF parks. Although I can garuntee you that this coaster will go to SFFT only because they havn't recieved a new ride in years and they already have construction signs around the area. I personally love Timbeland Twister at the Park at MOA, and it has the same design as MSP at SFNE. I don't know about MSP but TT spins like crazy and you experience airtime on the drop and the hill before the final helix, it also has a good loading time also with the line never going above ten minutes. I am just happy we will be seeing some new coasters that I really like, custom or not.

Personally I think SFStl will be stupid to get a Pandemonium clone. Worlds of Fun is about 3 1/2 hours away and they have the Spinning Dragons which was the first of them. Pandemonium is actually a Spinning Dragons clone. It wouldn't make sense to have 2 of the same coasters so close to each other. They need to get like the spinball wizard or one like in the pics of the UK trip.

I agree with this statement. Living nearly perfectly in-between SFStL and WOF, I dont think a spinner is a good idea for SFStL. I have ridden Spinning Dragons twice and found my first ride to be extremely boring and un-eventful. I had to wait 45mins for it on a day when that park wasnt that busy. These rides have horrible capacity and are only fun if you can get them spinning. The second time I rode SD it was really fun, but only because we got it spinning. Also, MSP is NOT a clone of SD, it is a slight variant. Dont get me wrong, SFStL is in need of a new coaster big time! BUT, a spinner really cant do the trick for the park, they need something big to help put them on the map.

Pandemonium is just sunk into the ground more. The bunny hops at the end go right along with the terrain, it's probably the best out of all the similar versions just because of this, the landscaping is really nice too. I have only been on a coupl eo fthese though...