TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Dropless Feeling...

I have been riding coasters in the Tampa and Olrando area parks for 3 years now ..but within the last year and a half i have notcied I no longer feel drops anymore , I feel all the forces and stuff, but no drops...When i rode Jurassic Park at IOA..I felt like all we did was speed up insted of dropping....anyone else no longer feel drops ?...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I no longer feel drops on coasters I use to. For instance, Chang at SFKK, I use to think the drop was never going to end. But now I lack that feeling, as it just feels as I'm just standing there slowly accellerating.

This seems to happen to everyone, as alot of my friends and sister have noticed. I guess your body doesn't (for back of better words) "fear" the intensity and you become almost immune to your stomach droping.

For me, there are only a handful of rides and coasters that I still feel the drop, including Millenium Force in the back, some Intamin drop towers, and the launch on Top Thrill Dragster has that feeling, but while being launched.

Yes.

This happens to me also.

On rides like Space Mountain, I used to have to curl up and push my feet against the seat in front of me and shut my eyes because the 29 (I think its about that tall) drop was so intense to me at the time (I was about 10).

The launch on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster was pretty intense the second time I rode it (the first time I was so nervous about going upside down i didn't notice it), and it's always intense the first time you ride during that trip, but subsequent rides, it seems to lose the intensity just a little bit.

Other rides, it depends where you sit. For some reason, on Dueling Dragons I never noticed the airtime in the back on Fire's hill. But after a few rides, I started noticing it.

The two rides that I have still not become immune to are Sheikra and the first drop on Kraken when you sit in the back. I have only been on both rides 4 times, but I hope that I dont lose the feeling once I ride more.

I used to get a tingly feeling in my privates on big drops when I was little . Now, the most intense airtime seems to only affect me in my upper chest.

Yes this has also happened to me lately. I used to get the feeling on Hydra, Steel Force, and Thunderhawk, but not anymore. I figured out if you don't ride that ride for awhile and then ride it you will get the feeling on your first ride and mabey the second but that's about it. I do still get the feeling on rides I've never been on and ones that I've only rode a handful of times.

It happens to me on coasters ive never even been on before...sheikra i only feel a little bit now, even tho ive been on it about 20 times...and as for the "wait a few months thing" i waited 6 months then i went on the mummy and didnt feel any drop at all ...

^ it's over so quick lol. That ride is pure craziness! If you ride in the back, it sort of feels like it will roll back, but then you get pulled over the top hat and you go out of the seat and twist...the only ride at CP I majorly lost my stomach on was Power Tower.

I like Millennium Force's first drop much more...ride in the back row!

For me, TTD's drop was not intense at all, even the first time. It's the launch! You get the stomach dropping feeling getting propelled forward and it felt like it was never going to let up. The drop just felt like sitting hear in my computer chair spinning around.

Hmm...I had this INSANE airtime on my first Lightning Racer ride (out of randomness, which I found helped get over my slight fear of heights), then when I went on Gemini, I thought that airtime would be even worse. Turns out I was worried for little of anything. That drop was over so quick I decided to go on again to feel the airtime WITHOUT being nearly freaked out. Then afterwords it started going away.

Probably because I wouldn't stop riding until blue won. That took a REAL long time. By the time blue FINNALY won, that "I think I left my stomach back at the drop" feeling was gone.

I kind of missed it.

kinda makes me semi-glad we have an off season... I lost the feeling a few times and i can not stand when that happens. The last great drop i felt was Wicked Twister in the back row, after the reverse spike- freaked me out. Not even TTD or Storm Runner was that good.

its those darn launches that kill the drop. come to think of it, I got some good pop on Lightning Racers (thunder) first drop last week.

Those Moser spring rides are great for that because the drop is sudden, short, and sweet, so you don't get a chance to get comfortable on the drop before it whips you back up and drops you again. That and the fact that the drop isn't "cushioned" like Intamin drop rides, it's just pure freefall, makes it even better.

It really depends on what the coaster for me, I think that drops that don't turn at all, like if you look at a drop like Scream at Magic mountain, those kinds of drops dont really give me the feeling. If you look at Goliath at Magic mountain, those seem to give me moore of the feeling, if it just doesnt turn in the middle of it, it seems to give me it. I personally don't like the drop feeling.....it makes me shrivel up and feel really weak.

I really felt it on Superflight at Playland in Rye, New York, it's wierd

I hope you were able to understand what I'm saying,:omg: that's just what i think.

There for a while I didn't - but I kind of do now. I toned down my PKI going from daily to like once every two weeks. Your body gets used to it and it no longer affects you eventually. There were a couple weeks where I rode Drop Zone alot and IT started loosing the feeling. It was just like going really fast. Even after I had got used to PKIs drop-out feelings - Cedar Point caught me off guard. I felt it all over again on Raptor (took my breath away), Magnum - even Iron Dragon (in the back). Corkscrew in the back was nuts!

Thats a good point cause drops don't get me much at all either. Launches are a different story though. I've marathoned on Batman and Robin the Chiller and every launch has had the same effect every time I've gone to Great Adventure. Even Ka feels just as intense at the launch eventhough I've rode that a bagillion times.

I can feel it starting to happen. On Raging Bull at SFGAm, at first the drop was too much, now it's just fun and not enough. This has got to be my most busy year of roller coaster riding. I've gone to SFGAm twice this summer and BGA once.

Andrew "I want my airtime back!" C.