TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A credit question

alpengeistdude321

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes.

So for example all of the Batman's and SLC's are their own credit...BUT...

The Boomerang at SFNE that came from SFKK...if you had already ridden it at SFKK, it was not a new credit once it was at SFNE.

Elissa "I wonder how low all of our counts would be if we only counted unique layouts!" Alvey

OTOH some of us count them in both locations, provided we've ridden them at both places.

So far Stealth/Borg is the only one I've gotten so far, unless you call violating the track in SFMW parking lot "riding."

Out of curiosity:

How many of you count both versions of V2?

Would you then count Buzzsaw Falls/Powderkeg as 2 as well? (I do/will/wouldhave)

It's been a while since we've had a credit debate! Theses are always fun.

-J "Dueling Dragons only counts as one!" J

I would count the two different versions of V2, Steel Phantom/Phantom's Revenge and Bullsaw/Powder Keg because it significantly changes the ride experiences. If you average rider (member of the general public) would notice the difference, then IMO you could count it again. For example, I won't count Space Mountain at Disneyland again since the new track layout is exactly the same.

I stopped counting relocated coasters about 5 years ago, but I realized that basically I'd already been on that coaster once. Moving it to another location, IMO does not drastically change the ride experience. Stealth and Borg, for example, gave me the EXACT same ride experience, so therefore I could not justify counting it a second time.

As for racing/dueling coasters. I only count them as two if they are significantly different. For example Colossus or Superman: The Escape only count as one, even though I've ridden both sides. But Dueling Dragons, WindJammer, Gwazi count as two.

--Robb "But there are no rules for counting, only suggestions, so if someone wants to county Dudley's, it's totally up to you!" Alvey

Basically I go along with coastercounter.com, +1 for V2 which is only listed once.

Technically though, Space Mountain has completely been rebuilt and is IMO a totally different, new coaster. The track is even significantly different from the 1970s track used before (plus there's no duct tape on the new track).

The Matterhorn however has been retracked constantly throughout it's life and while parts of it have been replaced, it's still the same coaster.

If you were to buy an old 1967 car and install a new engine, drive train, and interior, you would have a new car. Conversly if you just keep patching together your clunker, your stuck riding the same POS.

Not that the Matterhorn is a POS, but it does hurt your butt.

In the end though, whatever way you personally decide to count is the best way. I just wanted to plug coastercounter and talk about the Matterhorn.

-Don

It's all up to your person tastes.

Like how I count Thunder Run at PCW as a credit, but I know Robb doesn't.

What do you mean? Isn't that the woodie where one side runs backwards?

I think I count that one as two.

--Robb

Technically though, Space Mountain has completely been rebuilt and is IMO a totally different, new coaster. The track is even significantly different from the 1970s track used before (plus there's no duct tape on the new track).

Technically, though, the same can be said for almost every woodie operating in the country, only that most of us aren't as aware of the complete re-trackings because it's done while the park is closed. Space Mountain is painfully obvious because it's been closed for such a long time.

Cheetah, for example, got an ENTIRE re-tracking this year, and from what I understand even made some modifications to the helix. So using that theory, I'd have to count Cheetah, and almost every woodie in the country twice, some of them three times! Hey! Not a bad idea!!!

But seriously, like I said there are no "rules" for counting. So if someone feels that Space Mountain is worthy of counting twice, you'll get no argument from me! Still, when the ride re-opens, most of the GP aren't going to notice that the track has been re-built. It's not as though they are putting loops or huge drops in it! (I wish!)

--Robb "Space Mountain isn't changing enough for me to count is twice." Alvey

-edit- In reference to the PCW question ->No, it's that groovy mack powered coaster through the brown mountain of doom.

I count it. S:TE is also powered for most of it's circuit and I count that too. (twice )

-Don "I'm not counting Dudley though" Don

-edit- In reference to your post I'm just seeing now -> Yeah, well Space is getting a cool new sign, that means everybody has to count it again!

or not, or something. I do see your point though. I'm just really glad it's reopening.

At least I KNOW I can count Space at DLP this summer!

-Deeze

Stupid edits, Do you know if they are using the same supports for the Space Mountain redo? Now that I think about it, I remember seeing new track hauled in but I didn't see any new supports...

Do you know if they are using the same supports for the Space Mountain redo? Now that I think about it, I remember seeing new track hauled in but I didn't see any new supports...

No, they aren't...that's why they had to dig down deeper, actually. The last structure was one big support with arms reaching out to hold the track. In fact, that is part of why it had to close. It wasn't structurally sound.

And that brings me back to the digging...it was dug deeper for the footers and supports that have to go in.

At least, that's the deal as I understand it...someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

This is a silly question. Can you count a coaster if you rode it in NL?

NL as in No Limits? I would never count anything like that at all. If you see pictures or video of the Bahamas, does that mean you actually went on vacation there? Didn't think so...

It's all up to your person tastes.

Like how I count Thunder Run at PCW as a credit, but I know Robb doesn't.

What do you mean? Isn't that the woodie where one side runs backwards?

I think I count that one as two.

--Robb

Jeezus Juice got it. I was reffering to the powered mine train in the mountain. I seem to remember you mentioning that you don't count powered coasters.

^^^ Just living up to my reputation.

Anyway, as a recovering credit ho, I am still trying to find a way to count:

Log Jammers

First Generation Freefalls

and Pretzel Dark Rides

I mean, "why not!".