TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Person Injured While On Roller Coaster

Maybe a handicaped persons legs got slamed back and forth, or a person with bone disease. Just a small amount in the news.. How long will it be before you have to sign an injury waver.

http://www.wtkr.com/Global/story.asp?S=5271251&nav=ZolHbyvj

According to a James City County Fire official a person was injured at Busch Gardens today and Nightingale was called in to airlift him out of the Scotland Parking area.

It happened around 5:20pm Friday night.

According to Busch Gardens officials the person had a pre-existing medical condition involving the bones in his legs. He received multiple fractures while riding the roller coaster Alpengeist.

On this ride, passengers sit in rows of seats that are suspended from a track. This allows the riders legs to dangle in the air.

They say the choice was made to fly him to Norfolk because of traffic and the fact that the only doctor that can treat this condition is at Children's Hospital of the Kings Daughters.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guessing the same Sharktumes the snap in the brake.

I would also guess that maybe said person was handicaped. The story seemed strange to me that the accident happend at 520pm and the news hit only a few minutes later as I got the story an hour later on google. So I am thinking that this was a person that the park knew was either handicaped or disabled. Since BG has had issues in the past where handicaped people protested here in Tampa for not being able to ride I would guess they let a person ride and he came back into station hurting.

So I wonder if this was a situation where the park should really have said no to he person.

Havnt seen much else in the news about it.

EDIT adding more.

Small update on the incident..

James City County Fire officials say the 17-year-old fractured his femur in two places. They say he was lucky the fractures didn't cause more damage to his leg. They believe the teen will be okay after treatment.

According to Busch Gardens officials the teen had a pre-existing medical condition involving the bones in his legs. He received multiple fractures while riding the roller coaster Alpengeist.

I bet it happened in the snap into the MCBR! I've gotten lumps on my ankles before from them smacking into each other on that stupid turn!

I still can't understand how some B&Ms are so smooth through their transitions, but snap like that into the brakes. Raptor is pretty bad into the final brake run as well. I wonder if they're designed like that to make the brake portion of the ride a little more memorable and exciting.

As always it's unfortunate that someone was injured, but I'm glad the outcome was not as serious as it could have been for this young man.