TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I was just comparing (I guess I'm jealous) Renegade and The Voyage. Both coasters cost six million, five hundred-thousand dollars. The Voyage is significantly higher and TWICE as long.

I suppose there is not much point in comparing what is done but Valleyfair could have got a woodie that is MUCH better (not that I have rode Renegade). Waaaa.Waaaa.

I was just comparing (I guess I'm jealous) Renegade and The Voyage. Both coasters cost six million, five hundred-thousand dollars. The Voyage is significantly higher and TWICE as long.

I suppose there is not much point in comparing what is done but Valleyfair could have got a woodie that is MUCH better (not that I have rode Renegade). Waaaa.Waaaa.

Good point! My guess is that Valleyfair probably has to build a huge concrete base for the entire part of this ride outside of the floodwall, which is basically on riverbed type land that often floods in the spring. Other than that, I can't think of what would make it so expensive in comparison.

Ja, and don't worry about Renegade being possibly "bad". I mean, by looking at a picture of the Knoebel's Phoenix, for instance, you have absolutely no idea how awesome the ride is because it just looks kind of "meh". Renegade could turn out to be the hit coaster of 2007, who knows? I think we should all wait until we ride it until we start reviewing it.

Good point! My guess is that Valleyfair probably has to build a huge concrete base for the entire part of this ride outside of the floodwall, which is basically on riverbed type land that often floods in the spring. Other than that, I can't think of what would make it so expensive in comparison.

Ja, and don't worry about Renegade being possibly "bad". I mean, by looking at a picture of the Knoebel's Phoenix, for instance, you have absolutely no idea how awesome the ride is because it just looks kind of "meh". Renegade could turn out to be the hit coaster of 2007, who knows? I think we should all wait until we ride it until we start reviewing it.

Your last point is right - people said El Toro was lame before it was built, judging off the CGI.

The turnaround is just about done, and is best viewed from County Road 101 during daylight hours.

It also appears that this won't be as hard as we thought to get pictures of the site. No sitting at Flying Cloud with a massive telephoto lens trying to get pictures.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...