TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

What do you guys think is a better coaster? Renegade, or Prowler at World of Fun. I am kind of biased to pick Renegade so I want to know your opinions!

I haven't ridden Prowler yet (I might ride it later this year), but the general consensus from others seems to be that Prowler is a better ride, but Renegade is not far behind. I personally think that Renegade is a really awesome ride and by far the best ride in the park. It was my #1 wooden coaster until last August.

I found this video for what could be coming to Kings Dominion in 2016, but lots of the things this guy said in the video about how Cedar Fair will pick their coasters shows what is likely and unlikely for valleyfair. It also gives hope for future Intamin coasters at valleyfair. If any of you would be interested in this then please check it out!

Are you serious????? This video is complete speculation. This video gives no insight beyond what is already common sense, don't duplicate your current coasters. For the most part the guy considers coasters the park already has and says any style not already in the park is a possibility. Duh!!!!!!!!!

Don't be a jerk. I posted this for a reason and I guess you didn't see it. He made some points that I think many people would find helpful.

1. Cedar Fair won't install a wing rider in another park until 2018 or later.

2. It is still possible for a Cedar Fair park to get a coaster by Intamin.

Next time pay attention before you call people out.

Don't be a jerk. I posted this for a reason and I guess you didn't see it. He made some points that I think many people would find helpful.

I found this video for what could be coming to Kings Dominion in 2016, but lots of the things this guy said in the video about how Cedar Fair will pick their coasters shows what is likely and unlikely for valleyfair. It also gives hope for future Intamin coasters at valleyfair. If any of you would be interested in this then please check it out!

Are you serious????? This video is complete speculation. This video gives no insight beyond what is already common sense, don't duplicate your current coasters. For the most part the guy considers coasters the park already has and says any style not already in the park is a possibility. Duh!!!!!!!!!

Umm... still speculation. Not really anything past what is essentially common knowledge, and the rest is complete speculation. Hes not trying to call you out (neither am I), but you need to take into account what you're listening to and who you're posting it to. Many of us on here don't need to listen to fanboys speculating on YouTube with no released information.

Except for when it was down the first few weeks of last season, RipTide has fairly good reliablility (at least from my experience). I'm indifferent on what they do with RipTide. I don't love it and I don't hate it. Wouldn't be surprised to see it go since it never has more than a one or two cycle wait, even on hot days.

Umm... still speculation. Not really anything past what is essentially common knowledge, and the rest is complete speculation. Hes not trying to call you out (neither am I), but you need to take into account what you're listening to and who you're posting it to. Many of us on here don't need to listen to fanboys speculating on YouTube with no released information.

I told you guys what the video was. You knew what you were getting into.

I told you guys what the video was. You knew what you were getting into.

But you made it sound like the guy had some sort of actual information. I could make a powerpoint saying that Valleyfair will likely get a flying Togo wooden strata-coaster in 2016 because Valleyfair doesn't have a flying Togo wooden strata coaster.

If Riptide goes (they have mentioned in the past removing rides that are "underperforming", however that is defined), I'd like to see another water ride of some sort for the dry park. Perhaps a new log flume on the site of the amphitheater...? It would really change the front of the park.

Wouldn't be surprised to see it go since it never has more than a one or two cycle wait, even on hot days.

Aside from a couple exceptions (Xtreme Swing and Power Tower come to mind) What flats don't often have a one or two cycle wait? Especially ones that seat almost 40 at a time? With that as the key, be ready to say goodbye to Enterprise, Scrambler, Tilt-a-whirl, Monster, most of Planet Snoopy, Wheel of Fortune, Supercat, Looping Starship, and more.

I think if anything, Riptide would go for maintenance reasons, or for better use of it's space. I don't know how much of an issue the ride has been for Valleyfair, but as I look across the chain, most of the top spin rides I've seen were either sitting in pieces (worlds of fun), running very weak cycles (CGA, Dorney), or just down frequently (Knott's, Valleyfair?).

If Riptide goes (they have mentioned in the past removing rides that are "underperforming", however that is defined), I'd like to see another water ride of some sort for the dry park. Perhaps a new log flume on the site of the amphitheater...? It would really change the front of the park.

YES! A new flume (if done right) is honestly higher on my wish list than a new coaster would be haha. That said, I'd rather it be somewhere more scenic, like somewhere in the Dinos area (particularly back where the old picnic grounds were). Obviously it'd be awhile before that happens, but I'd love for them to build a flume that pays tribute to the original.

If we got a new flume, I'd love to see it bring a sense of adventure--a darker theme, like the old Skull Mountain at SFA (pardon my nostalgia for a different park, it was one of the coolest things Six Flags America had, really fun to see, now just a backdrop for a meh coaster).

I think seeing something like this somewhere in Valleyfair---whether looming to the left as you walk in (by the amphitheater) or going through a wooded area to the back of the park to find it (or hidden among the trees of the old picnic grounds)---would certainly leave an impression. I loved it when I was 11. Not even counting the possibilities for Valleyscare (illuminate it with red floodlights, or maybe just the eye sockets and the mouth? Perhaps dyeing the water red like SFGA does for Carousel Plaza?).

Not too scary, is it?

Okay I still don't see how I did anything wrong but I don't care anymore lets just move on.

Nothing wrong with having fun with speculation. Who knows, there may be something to that video. After all, he did quote King's Dominion's GM quite often. Don't let naysayers spoil your fun. I'd rather have fun speculating than people always saying, "Nah, we wont ever get that". If we could go back a few months before Valleyfair announced their 2015 Soak City expansion plans I don't think anybody on this forum would have predicted that Valleyfair was going to get one of the tallest, steepest watersides in the world. Those 90 foot drop slides are almost going to be like jumping off the top of Renegades lift hill. Crazy! I can't wait to go!

You almost never see anyone riding Riptide, small footprint but still IMO a waste of space.

What could go in its place?

I'd like to see Riptide moved not eliminated. After that I'd like to see the northern portion of the games alley torn down (it doesn't get nearly the traffic as the southern portion). So now if you take the space that Scrambler used to be and go all the way over to the bumper cars you can begin to see there is quite a bit of land hear. It would be bordered on the north by Corkscrew and The Wave and on the south by a midway. That is a fair amount of land to locate a coaster. It could even intertwine with The Wave and Corkscrew. I know for a fact that Valleyfair is looking into this area. Mr. Frazier told me the northern portion of the games alley does not get nearly the traffic because people have to make an effort to veer up that way.

That's interesting...and opens up even more possibilities. Maybe a coaster with a station in that area, perhaps a straight launch over the midway to the amphitheater space! I love coasters that have some midway interaction, and that would certainly bring some foot traffic to that part of the park that is usually just a walkthrough to get to other areas.

(Unless it's something skinny with a micro footprint, like a ZacSpin or that Batman 4D coaster...I'd decline those. Seem like more expensive versions of a carnival Zipper ride.)

With Cedar Point possibly getting a Dive Machine next year, I wonder if VF could see one of the smaller versions. As per recent Cedar Fair fashion, the new coaster will probably be in the front of the park, accompanied by a entrance re-do. I drew a little rendering of what I think the new roller coaster could look like, while removing The Wave to make way for the coaster. Just purely fun, of course.

VF.thumb.jpg.2418c849841f4a555904cf7a04ad7956.jpg

1. A 100-140 ft lift hill with a 95-135 foot drop.

2. A 75-90 foot loop

3. A zero-g roll over the front entrance.

4. An Immelman

5. An over-banked turn

6. A corkscrew

This would all lead to a splash down in the trench left over from removing The Wave. In order to do this, the trench would have to be remodeled and expanded, but with the piping already there, it would be easier to construct. It would compensate for losing another water ride as well. Also, I kept in mind Dinosaurs alive, so I made sure the low parts of the roller coaster stayed away from pathways, and also realized new paths and moving the animatronics wouldn't be completely out of the question. What do you think? It has similarities to Wild Eagle layout wise, but I think it would be a really cool ride for the park.

With Cedar Point possibly getting a Dive Machine next year, I wonder if VF could see one of the smaller versions. As per recent Cedar Fair fashion, the new coaster will probably be in the front of the park, accompanied by a entrance re-do. I drew a little rendering of what I think the new roller coaster could look like, while removing The Wave to make way for the coaster. Just purely fun, of course.

[attachment=0]VF.jpg[/attachment]

1. A 100-140 ft lift hill with a 95-135 foot drop.

2. A 75-90 foot loop

3. A zero-g roll over the front entrance.

4. An Immelman

5. An over-banked turn

6. A corkscrew

This would all lead to a splash down in the trench left over from removing The Wave. In order to do this, the trench would have to be remodeled and expanded, but with the piping already there, it would be easier to construct. It would compensate for losing another water ride as well. Also, I kept in mind Dinosaurs alive, so I made sure the low parts of the roller coaster stayed away from pathways, and also realized new paths and moving the animatronics wouldn't be completely out of the question. What do you think? It has similarities to Wild Eagle layout wise, but I think it would be a really cool ride for the park.

That's really interesting! I wouldn't like to see The Wave go but they could move it. Can you tell me how you draw those lines? That really helps to see what your talking about. Thanks

Would not mind seeing The Wave go for a new ride if necessary because there are usually more people watching The Wave than riding or waiting for it. I'd rather see it get removed than RipTide.

I agree with this. SFGA removed their shoot-the-chutes and it wasn't missed. But SFGA also has two log flumes and a river rapids. If Valleyfair ever does remove The Wave, then I hope that a new water ride is part of a near-future package in some way.

Would not mind seeing The Wave go for a new ride if necessary because there are usually more people watching The Wave than riding or waiting for it. I'd rather see it get removed than RipTide.

That's why i like it. When it was installed the front of the park needed that wow factor. Now Valleyfair needs to step up the wow factor with a new coaster. I'd like to see them move the wave to the back of the park somewhere. Maybe move mad mouse and locate it there and make it part of the water park