TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

It's one of the better coasters at the park, I still think Wildthing is better then Renegade but I need more time to ride it. I've been on it only about 10 times so far this season I think it will grow on me and become the number one coaster for me at valleyfair. Now all they need to do is take out excalibur and add a inverter then the park would be perfect.

I finally rode Renegade yesterday and you're right, it is freaking INSANE! I got two rides in the back row, one in the front, and one in the second-to-last row, all with waits under forty minutes. Awesome, awesome ride. I can't get over that drop.

I miss that park!

It was my first CF park, and there was no 54 inch limits, so I could ride EVERYTHING.

I was 8, and not very tall yet. It was, however, the beggining of a firey, romatic love for CF.

sweet video and photos!! How does this compare to the others GCI's out there??

Well, it was way better than both Lightning Racers and Wildcat. I can't talk about any others yet, but I assume it's better than both Roars, Gwazi, and probably OzCat.

It dosnt look as good as Thunderhead. Looks alot shorter. I just dont see the air that Thunderhead has! It doesn't look like you get air in so many unexpected places like the tops of turns and it doesn't look very twisted other than the first drop. I think Thunderhead looks like a better coaster. But I wont know until i ride Renegade.

^^ That line queue statment could easily put Thunderhead over-the-top on its own.

It so nice to know that Tennessee has the best GCI woodie!

He hasn't ridden Renegade, so he's not really in a place to judge. Robb and Elissa both liked Renegade more than Thunderhead, and they're some of the only ones who've ridden both.

kraken613 - Renegade is only 100 feet shorter than Thunderhead. There is tons of air on the drop, the bunny hop, the turnaround, the next bunny hop, the next turnaround, and all of the last four bunny hops. It does not have to be twisted to be good - case and point, Voyage.

• 7 months later...

Don't mean to bump this thread but in the FUNLines newsletter I recieved today, the park mentioned that Renegade had around 760,000 riders this past year. Not to bad for a Coaster that has a compacity of 850 when both trains are running.

They also mentioned that the Roller Coaster Club of Great Britain called Renegade their favorite coaster of the entire US trip.

Way to go Renegade. I'll see you on May 10th.

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone, basically, the Flume is now being deconstructed to make way for something bigger & better! I'm finding out very soon when the announcement will be, so keep checking back! And to verify that there is construction, there are flags, marks (fairly large amount of them too. . . ), and electrical flags covering the whole Flume area, and also, if that isn't enough evidence/proof for ya, the Flume has been removed from Valleyfair's website. The rumor is at the moment that we are getting a wavepool for 09, so we'll have to wait and see. Here are some pictures for evidence/proof.

Over by the Waterpark

Cone over by the Waterpark

Markings on the Flume Walkway

Electrical Flags under the drop.

Also there are currently 4 stakes, 3 construction orange cones, and a ton of markings. So basically something is bound to happen soon!

Edited by larrygator

Yeah true. Although I do hope our wavepool is like that one. Theirs has an actual break in the waves and not just up and down no splash at all.

Also on a quick note Valleyfairzone has re-opened the forums for discussion while we're getting V2 prepared. I posted a quick little report about the Flume's last day of operation.

Too late

The barrier seperating the Flume & Waterpark has been torn down. On another note, there's a fairly large amount of construction over by Xtreme Swing at the Gazebo Stage so we'll keep you updated on that. But yeah I agree with you guys Valleyfair's waterpark lacks big time, and it's about time they updated it. (I personally feel like I've contributed to this happening, I've been suggesting it every year to the park for about 4 years now )