TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

First of all, Chris sent along some awesome photos that are now on the intern site (here).

Regarding Troy, though this isn't the proper thread to have a discussion on it, we need to hold off on posting photos of it for now until we have approval from the park. Since it is such an elaborate design, we don't want to ruin anything for them.

I promise some photos if/when we are able to post them.

Well I know a lot of you have seen the Renegade Testing footage. Well I have a higher quality video of it on My site. (Same one as YouTube but easier to see. You must be a member to view the video though. I know its a plug but since my site is a Valleyfair fan site I though I could get away with it.

The Link to the site is in my signature.

The better footage fell though because they were not testing that day. Though I E-mailed the park to see if I can come onto the property to get footage up close. We will see if that happens. I don't think my name is big enough yet for it, but I thought I would try.

We were lucky enough to be able to ride last night from about 4pm to 2am. It's awesome. Especially at night. And especially in the back. I won't give too much away, but if you're going this weekend I think you're really in for a treat. Try to get in one of the last rides of the night if possible.

As far a where I'd rank it for GCI's, well, both Elissa and I both liked it better than Thunderhead, and you all know how good that ride is!

Some good floater air, it keeps it's speed really well, and the laterals are insane. Solid ride!

Ok, that's it! Not giving away any more!

We shot a TON of video as we were able to mount the camera all over that ride! As soon as I get clearance from the park and GCI to post it, I will!

--Robb

Well the park is closing at 6 both days this weekend so night rides are out for now, but I will be sure to get one in ASAP. I loved Thunderhead and was saying back when this first came out that I thought this had of lot of that coaster plus more air. I can't wait to ride and Pam and I will see you there on Sunday.

Dave

As far a where I'd rank it for GCI's, well, both Elissa and I both liked it better than Thunderhead, and you all know how good that ride is!

This is for all you fools who said this ride looked like crap in the beginning while I was saying it looked insane!

Glad to hear it's a winner Robb, now that WOF rumor needs to come true!

If only they took out Excalibur for it.

Up until now, Excalibur was the best coaster in Valleyfair. Not anymore. Renegade is AWESOME. Working on an Photo TR of Opening Day.

Paul

Def. a matter of opinion and I would have to strongly disagree.

Wild Thing & Steel Venom are definitely better, maybe even High Roller.

To each his own though.

I just got back from the park. I got 7 rides on Renegade 3 back, 2 front, second and third seats. First let me say this is not as good as Thunderhead. There is air throughout the ride but it is all light floater air. It is just strong enough to be considered good air, but just barely. However there is a lot of it. The constant action and changing forces is a great thing about this ride. It is always doing something and there are no dull parts. The ride picked up speed throughout the day and was certainly better at close. It is also a little on the short side, but not too bad. It is certainly the best ride in the park and may make the bottom half of my top ten woodies somewhere when I have more time to think about it and ride it. I also anticipate the air getting better throughout the season as so many other woodies have in the past. Maybe then I will rank it higher.

I also anticipate the air getting better throughout the season as so many other woodies have in the past. Maybe then I will rank it higher.

I agree. I would certainly not base "opening day" rides as your overall opinion of the ride. I think all of us here know that traditional woodies need time to "break in."

I *KNOW* the rides I took at 2am on Thursday were FAR better than the first rides I took at 4pm earlier that day.

And the ride had been running for like 2 days straight then.

So give it some time.

--Robb

It sounds like you got faster rides than we did opening day. Hopefully it will be that fast by Coaster Craze. Also keep in mind that I think I got fast rides on Thunderhead when I was there. It was raining and they eventually shut it down. The explanation I got was it was hitting the brake run too hard. If that was true, then I was getting the fastest runs they allow explaining all the great air I got.