TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

There's airtime to be had on this beast!

It's a GCI, so...not so much. Sucks, too, since airtime is the one thing keeping GCI rides from being REALLY good. They got the whole speed/twists/lateral forces/comfy trains thing nailed.

Thats like saying there cant be a smooth Vekoma. Just because GCI rides don't generally have a lot of airtime, doesn't mean Renegade wont. It's less of a twister and more of an out and back (something GCI hasn't really done before now). I wouldn't be surprised at all if this thing had a lot of air.

GCI's "airtime" tends to be more of a whiplash type. Kind of like you're getting pulled backwards. Instead of ejector type air you get on some other rides.

Renegade kind of reminds me of a bit of Thunderhead, and a bit of Ozark Wildcat.

Those "pads" are actually the seat bottoms in the up position. They flip up to allow access to the inner workings of the chassis. It would look pretty goofy having an entire lap pad...but I see where you were coming from.

I'll be there Thursday through Saturday...looking forward to riding it many times.

Those "pads" are actually the seat bottoms in the up position. They flip up to allow access to the inner workings of the chassis. It would look pretty goofy having an entire lap pad...but I see where you were coming from.

I'll be there Thursday through Saturday...looking forward to riding it many times.

LMAO!! Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it looked unusual, and now I know why. Thanks!!

~Matthew *Atleast I was not the only one seeing the pads* Stout

Hey Joe...any chance to keep the front grill off for a bit longer? Say, till like right before opening day?

Isn't the grill a good place to mount the camera? Or is that not what you were getting at.

What is the purpose of the large centre hubs sticking out of the wheels. Do they normally have those?

This is true.

Renegade made its first successful run today just before 5:00 (local time) and has since made 15 runs. Chris called to tell me that he had just ridden it, as well, and it's going to be an amazing ride.

Wow, that has to be one of the worst coaster videos I've ever seen! Right up there with that original Tatsu testing video in the dark where you couldn't actually see the ride testing. I just don't understand these kids who would rather put out a total crap video just to say they had the "first" video.

Whatever happened to quality standards?

/end rant.

Rob, you gotta understand that we didn't find out about it testing until about 6:00PM, so one of our fellow enthusiasts took the effort to go out to Valleyfair while it is not open, and take the time and courtesy to share the video of it testing. Now we at least have proof. It has had its first riders! I wonder who they were!