TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

ive just read through every page of this topic and im pissed off. all you crackheads who think you can predict what renegade is going to be like can kiss my ass. Why do you care about airtime so much. It cool yeah, but it shouldn't be your deciding factor on hating or loving a coaster especially when its not even 2 feet tall yet. so just quit f***ing complaining and be patient. as a minnesotan and loyal fan of valleyfair, im standing up for my amusement park. im pumped to be getting an out and back/twister GCI at my park and im sure my fellow minnesotans feel the same way.

Gotta go slightly off topic for a minute here... I would like to go for a short trip out to MN next spring for VF and MOA. How much distance is between the two and how far is either place from the airport? Can it be done without a rentacar? IMO, Renegade is the one thing I needed to finally head out in that direction.

MOA is only a few min. from the airport by lightrail, but as far as I can tell there's no public transit to VF - MTC busses go to Shakopee, but unless there's a local shuttle from town or the racetrack the busses don't go near the park. You'd either need a rental, taxi, or local contact with car to get out to VF.

ive just read through every page of this topic and im pissed off. all you crackheads who think you can predict what renegade is going to be like can kiss my a$$. Why do you care about airtime so much. It cool yeah, but it shouldn't be your deciding factor on hating or loving a coaster especially when its not even 2 feet tall yet. so just quit f***ing complaining and be patient. as a minnesotan and loyal fan of valleyfair, im standing up for my amusement park. im pumped to be getting an out and back/twister GCI at my park and im sure my fellow minnesotans feel the same way.

Right On!

Power to the People

-James Dillaman

No, realistically less than 1% of theme park attendees would know what "B&M" referred to in the first place.

Yet another example of you presenting an "opinion" with no factual data to back it up....as a fact.

*sigh*

--Robb "And somehow you still can't understand why your statements bother me?" Alvey

No, realistically less than 1% of theme park attendees would know what "B&M" referred to in the first place.

But the point is, B&M essentially makes the most GP-popular coasters out there. Are there exceptions? Sure. But I still think CF should turn to 'em for their next project. It's just the sort of thing the park needs.

More like Silver Bullet? More like Nemesis? I doubt it would even really matter all that much.

Dude B&M is more well known than youi think - First off anyone that has watched one of those Discoverey or Travel Channel shows has probably heard of B&M - and why would CF turn to B&M for their next project - They have a very good thing going with Intamin a company I would venture to say is just as "gp-popular" as B&M and from the looks of things Cedar Fair seems to think so as well otherwise Cedar Point wouldn't be building the fourth in a row - But I have noticed the GP doesn't mind getting bumped around on a Vekoma or Arrow it's the spoiled enthusiasts that do most of the complaining of headbanging, B&M is more of an ACE-Popular company. . . Smotth ride and Fat person seats

I think parks go with B&Ms because the public tends to like them. But nobody should confuse the public liking something with brand recognition. The name "B&M" isn't painted proudly on every ride the same way "Kelloggs" is on every box of corn flakes. And do you think most parkgoers have watched those Discovery Channel specials with enough interest that they automatically know the names of the major coaster manufacturers and would recognize their products when they saw 'em? I doubt it. Hell, when I first got enthused about coasters, I didn't know a B&M from any other ride. That sort of thing takes awareness and interest, which I doubt you would find in many park patrons.

Seriously, somebody take a clipboard to a park entry gate and hand out lists of coaster manufacturers with the question, "do these names mean anything to you?" at the top. I bet my statistic pans out.

For what it's worth, both sides of this debate have merit.

Obviously, we can't say for certain just what percentage of the patrons know what a "B&M" is, or what it stands for, but we also have to realize that liking a ride, or even several rides, does not mean that they know much about the history.

For instance, at my home park, many park-goers love both Kingda Ka and El Toro, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they both know that they're made by the same company. You couldn't go up to just any rider and ask who their favorite manufacturer is, many of them just know "this one is a cool ride", and "that one over there is a cool ride".

This is why many parks go after B&M and Intamin, not because of name-recognition, but because they make "cool rides". I mean, when El Toro opened, the commercials didn't mention that it was an Intamin, nor did it open with the line "From the makers of Kingda Ka...". People don't get excited by the maker, they just say "Wow, that looks cool". Just like us.

Many park-goers don't know the manufacturers, but that doesn't mean that the officials aren't tallying up which rides produce the most positive reactions.

not to change the subject which has evidently gotten off track, but i went to valleyscare on staurday and checked out the situation on renegade and u cant go past the giftshop kittycorner from the pirateship. its all blocked off. and behind the giftshop is all cleared for the ride and there are piles if wood laying around the site. i mean i understand that u r all having an in depth coversation about b & m, but this is a valleyfair topic forum.