TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I'm not really impressed... the hills look way spread out, it doesn't look like there will alot of airtime, it has no special feature except the first drop, and it just look dull. The hills may be spread out because of it being computer generated, but it just doesn't look like something I would travel out to ValleyFair for. I just don't like it

This ride looks great!

I see some funny facts here though seeing Dorney rumored for a wooden now and having the plot of land right near Steel Force..makes me wonder..

Also name coincidence.

Ghost Ride

Maverick

Renegade..

All western themes..seems cool!

Each park should have something western.

BTW Wasn't Renegade one of the Hershey park ride name choices before Storm Runner was picked? That and Steel Stampede?

The S curver drop looks cool, but also does anyone see they kinda tried to copy Thunderhead with an odd station flyby through a small shed roofing?

The S curver drop looks cool, but also does anyone see they kinda tried to copy Thunderhead with an odd station flyby through a small shed roofing?

GCI designed Thunderhead as well. Also, it's more "copying" Kentucky Rumbler, which featured 3 of those exact same station fly-bys.

Anyway, this could be the best new ride of 07 as far as I'm concerned.

I don't think its going to have massive airtime, but the ride will be fun, smooth (most likely) and enjoyable for a lot of the GP. I'm sure it will offer the standard GCI airtime pops, but nothing extreme. I haven't met a GCI I didn't think like and I think that trend will continue. Any airtime this thing will have would probably be downgraded by the restraints, but it will probably still give you a nice sensation of less on the butt/more on the thigh. Of course, once this thing warms up a bit who knows, it could very well offer some great airtime moments, much like Thunderhead.

Okay, I admit it. I'm jealous. Jealous that Valleyfair! is getting this ride and not Cedar Point. I would happily trade Maverick for this beauty. I do realize that a GCI may show up at CP in a couple years, but I don't wanna wait. I want my GCI now, dammit!

In any case, congrats to the Valleyfair! fans. Renegade will undoubtedly kick butter!

As it always seems, I'm not impressed too much with the CG from GCI for this one. I had similar doubts about Thunderhead and Kentucky Rumbler, but after riding both of these, I was pleasantly surprised. I have a feeling this ride will be the same way. I've never met a GCI I haven't liked, but I guess it COULD happen. Either way, I'll look to getting up there whenever I can get some time off from my new job next summer. I hope official updates can come soon for TPR, like the other new rides.

-James "Step up, Valleyfanboys!" Dillaman

DenDen - a lot of coasters have drops that twist slightly in both directions, such as Viper at SFGAm or the infamous Cyclone, but never this defined and obvious.

I don't think its going to have massive airtime

I'm confused as to why people are saying this. I can find a lot of places that will have a substantial amount of air.

-tiny hill after first drop

-tiny hill after turnaround (looks to have insane floajector air)

-hill after second turnaround

-air hill

-station flyby

-hill after station flyby

The speed taken over these hills indicates major air to me.

^^ GCI airtime is notoriously "floater" air more than the "ejector" air some people seek. I like both kinds, but that is (at least I assume) what many people mean by that. The hills look airtime filled, but GCI uses such smooth arcs that you simply float over the crests, as opposed to the GG hills, which have more exaggerated crests, and therefore more intese airtime. Think the airtime on MF (floater) versus Magnum's return run (Ejector)

-James Dillaman

Yeah Steel, have you actually BEEN on a GCI???

They are not known for airtime, they're known for changes of direction, out of control, smoothness, stuff like that. Even the best ones only have little pops of air.

That isn't to say that GCI's aren't good coasters, at least IMO. If all you like is airtime, though, they won't rank very high on your list. Overall ride-wise, I really enjoy Thunderhead and the Kentucky Rumbler (can't decide which one I like better) as my favorite GCI's I've been on (out of the 5 I've been on). This looks.... different, though. Like Joe, I'm not sure about what exactly this ride will deliver, but I'm pretty sure it will be one of the smoothest coasters at Valleyfair. I've also, however, never riden a GCI I didn't enjoy (of the ones with Millenium Flyer trains) so I will reserve my judgement until I actually get ON the coaster.

-James Dillaman