TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Yeah, I'm really hoping that the Press Release was mistaken about the MF Trains having '4 People Per Car, 6 Cars Per Train'. I guess there could be some new version of the MF Train's but I doubt it. Or perhaps, this is just how they word it nowadays?

Anyways, the ride looks cool.

Looks like Valleyfair just made my menu for next year! I've still not been on any GCIs apart from Gwazi, so I'm still waiting to ride a good one.

The press release with the train information is probably a simple error, unless GCI have either gone mad or know something we don't.

That looks awesome! I'm really amazed with GCI over the past few years. I'm glad they are continuing to roll out great coasters. The first drop looks amazing and the layout looks really fun.

I rode Gwazi last weekend.. it was actually running decently.. and 2 trains on 2 sides! Although they weren't dueling. Was a little rough, but I've been on WORSE.. so it redeemed itself a little from past trips.

There's always the rumor that Hersheypark is going to add Millenium Flyer's to Wildcat. I wish they would so we can see if it really makes that big of a difference. The Wildcat at night is still an amazing top 3 wooden coaster in my book... now if it was smoother and ran that insanely. That'd be sweet.

I hope that Cedar Fair is getting a lesson from GCI on long term wooden coaster maintanance.

Eric

Off-topic--Is Gwazi really that bad?

No. Or at least the Lion side isn't.

It looks like we have a likely winner going up out in the back of the park. The one drawback to all the coaster videos is that it doesn't show any of the otther things here at VF, so I don't know where the station is going to be, or where the queues are. I just hope that in 5 years, this doesn't turn into Excalibur Redux, where a great coaster is buried in the back of the park, way back out of the way. Also, let's see how long it runs before it's all trimmed up.

Paul "Nothing can be too fun at Valleyfair" Miller

The one drawback to all the coaster videos is that it doesn't show any of the otther things here at VF, so I don't know where the station is going to be, or where the queues are.

I was thinking the same thing! I'm really interested to see how they're fitting this into the park and if it "interacts" with any of the other rides out back there. If it just goes out towards the river and back, can you imagine how awesome it will be to ride this at night? Great!

I think Cedar Fair dropped the bird names and is now focusing on bad-boy names. What's next? Rebel, Dissident, Nonconformist?

Seeing that it is a Western theme year, I am guessing "High Plains Drifter" will be the next coaster for Worlds of Fun.

CoasterEricHP - Maybe GCI could do a little work on other Cedar Faire rides. SOB, and Mean Streak come to mind.

The jig is up, the news is out, they finally found me!

Man, I thought it was a Western themed coaster. But Styx? Why not a cool band like Aerosmith? Thats right, Aerosmith already has a coaster.

BTW, did anyone notice this from the official Renegade site:

For an American Coaster Enthusiast, riding Renegade is like lickin’ butter off a knife.

Oh, so many jokes that can be made, but I think that quote says it all!!!

--Robb

^ Officially the funniest coaster related thing EVER.

As far as the ride goes, I like the twisting frist drop and it has a cool name. I've never been to VF so it's just another reason for me to drag myself out to Minnesota next time my friend goes to see his family out there.

Would a local be willing to highlight the area this coaster is going from this pic? I am curious to see how they will fit it in and if it is gonna go through the woods.

I agree (going by the CG) the design looks sluggish not much airtime and slow (by GCI standards) around some turns. I hope it is just a mistake on the CG animation.

But I really dig the 1st drop. really cool

JEFF

renegade.thumb.jpg.eb40c8724003b1ba1bb12fdf68d528cd.jpg