TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Hah, yesterday I went and saw a bunch of markers everywhere. But when I asked this blonde ride-op she was like "Yeah I heard it'll be a roller coaster that you stand up on!" And I proceded to laugh at her.

You know you're overall attitude is about one new GCI coaster away from getting you banned here.

--Robb "I'm really sick of your I know something you don't know crap." Alvey

The orange flags in the grassy area are making the "wetland" that is the bottom of the ditch.

I was there on PresCon day, August 4, but haven't been there since.

By new markings do you mean new stakes, paint, or dirt?

Paul "Will have to get out there ASAP" Miller

Well, announced today on screamscape (from where I read it first), it looks like their is some piles of wood somewhere.

http://www.screamscape.com/html/valleyfair.htm

The latest rumor today claims that the park has started to receive large shipments of wood along with half a dozen other boxes, one of which apparently had “GCI” painted on it somewhere. The GCI wooden coaster rumor is looking better than ever right now. Anyone know more?

Not to be the smart one or anything, but I think Valleyfair!'s getting a GCI woodie (but you can never know until the official announcement is made. It could turn out to be something different ).

I was hoping for this to be a B&M inverted coaster (and I still am, also considering we don't know what this ride is yet), but I would probably still like what we got (unless it turns out not to be a coaster, or even a thrill ride). If this is a wooden coaster, then let's hope that it isn't another bad woodie. Hopefully, it won't be.

I just wonder if it would be a compact woodie or not, if it was. A Custom Coaster International, Inc. coaster (similar to New Mexico Rattler ), for Valleyfair!. But I do not believe they are around anymore. But, that's just me thinking ahead.

^ Much rather have another GCI, their new coasters are great. The Millenium flyers are the greatest trains to ride on, and I will definitely travel up to Valleyfair to ride a new GCI woodie. If it is another B&M, it would have to be something really special for me to go ride it. An Intamin woodie, I agree, would be great, but I'd like to see one more like Balder than El Toro. I've never been a huge fan of the huge wood coasters, size doesn't matter when it comes to airtime!

-James "Look at SoB vs. the Raven" Dillaman

EDIT: CCI was ended after the divorce, although many of the designers went on to form the Gravity Group.

I don't think there's been any bad woodies built recently, so rest assured you will get a nice coaster for '07.

You mean "Valleyfair!" will get a nice coaster for 2007.

^ Much rather have another GCI, their new coasters are great. The Millenium flyers are the greatest trains to ride on, and I will definitely travel up to Valleyfair to ride a new GCI woodie. If it is another B&M, it would have to be something really special for me to go ride it. An Intamin woodie, I agree, would be great, but I'd like to see one more like Balder than El Toro. I've never been a huge fan of the huge wood coasters, size doesn't matter when it comes to airtime!

Thank you for that message. It gives me more hope for this new attraction to be a GCI woodie, instead of a B&M, misc. I just hope that it would have great airtime.

An Intamin woodie, I agree, would be great, but I'd like to see one more like Balder than El Toro. I've never been a huge fan of the huge wood coasters, size doesn't matter when it comes to airtime!

One question, sorry it isn't about Valleyfair.

Why do you like Balder so much, everybody is verry happy about this coaster. Why? I've rode it almost 2 months ago for the first time, i really don't think it's the nr1 wooden coaster. Not at all!

You have allot of airtime but that's it, the curves are slow, to slow. And, it's to smooth. Yes, to smooth, in a wooden coaster I wanne feel it, not with pain offcourse buth litte shaking is good. Than you have airtime, fast curves and the feeling of a real woodie.

But that's my opinion, hopefully you now what I mean, my english isn't that good for spelling

Oh, nice that Valleyfair builds a new coaster

I haven't ridden Balder but I can speak for El Toro. A lot of people like smoothness even in a wooden coaster. Most people who prefer steel coasters to wood will find El Toro high up in their count due to the steel-like smoothness, constant airtime but still some of that wooden coaster chaos.

Riddler, I just said that if they build an intamin woodie I'd want one more along the SIZE of Balder instead of the SIZE of El Toro. I guess it comes mainly from living next door to the giant junkpile that is Son of Beast, but I think too many parks are worried about the size of their new rides as opposed to the quality. I'm not knocking either of these (ET or Balder) as I have been on neither one, I'm only saying size wise.

-James Dillaman

Why do you like Balder so much, everybody is verry happy about this coaster. Why? I've rode it almost 2 months ago for the first time, i really don't think it's the nr1 wooden coaster. Not at all!

You have allot of airtime but that's it, the curves are slow, to slow. And, it's to smooth. Yes, to smooth, in a wooden coaster I wanne feel it, not with pain offcourse buth litte shaking is good. Than you have airtime, fast curves and the feeling of a real woodie.

Im also one of those who feels that its not 'that' amazing, but everyone has their own opinions of things. And Im sure there are other topics which are more approtiate to discuss these things....

I have seen the stacks described in the Screamscape entry. You can only get a good view of it from Power Tower and whatever it is, it is covered in white, but it does look to be several stacks of wood back there.

As for pics, I do live close enough to go on a weekly basis if needed, but there really is nothing to legally photograph. There are a few stakes and paint markers inside the park, but the real stuff is wayyy out of the way.

• 3 weeks later...