TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

There has been no official announcement on the part of either Valleyfair, Cedar Fair, or any of the rumored coaster designers about what is going in behind Thunder Canyon. Repeat, NO OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT. Believe me, as soon as something comes out, TPR will be the first to know. Until then, biding our time may be the smart play.

We know NOTHING about what's going in back there. All we know is that the stakes on the knoll across from the waterpark, as well as the ones in Thunder Canyon, are to mark control points so the surveyors know where to put in the new outhouse holes that they're drilling out there.

I think the smart money is on a B&M invert, along the lines of Patriot and Silver Bullet, with the concrete footers poured higher than the 10 or 25-year flood elevation. This is due to the fact that the construction is going to be outside Valleyfair's protective levee. I've heard the GCI woodie rumors as well, and I don't buy them for a second, for a multitude of reasons.

The construction site I saw three weeks ago is in almost the perfect spot for NOT getting pictures. Until it goes aerial, it will be very difficult to get any pictures of anything, and believe me I've tried to get looks at the site from every angle that is publicly accessible, including the bluffs near Flying Cloud Airport, a mile and a quarter across the valley. I might be able to get out there during construction, but I don't have a vehicle while I'm at the U of M.

Paul "Hold yer horses, darnit!" Miller

Hold your horses there bud... no reason to be mean, but some of this is CONFIRMED. People know people. Drewbie has been right ever since 2003. THAT'S A FACT! If he says that it's gonna be a GCI wooden coaster for 2007, I'm gonna believe him. Unless you have an inside source that knows every little fact about the 2007 season, you should be quiet about this because some of us know more about this than others.

Hold your horses there bud... no reason to be mean, but some of this is CONFIRMED. People know people. Drewbie has been right ever since 2003. THAT'S A FACT! If he says that it's gonna be a GCI wooden coaster for 2007, I'm gonna believe him. Unless you have an inside source that knows every little fact about the 2007 season, you should be quiet about this because some of us know more about this than others.

Please don't tell someone who's been around these parts for some time to "hold their horses." Especially when all you have is heresay information from an unofficial source.

While I have a really good idea of what is going on at VF, I'm not about to go telling someone else they are wrong based on my information.

The one thing you have to learn about this business is even the most "confirmed" projects can change or be cancelled at a moment's notice.

So until there's an official announcement, there's no need to take that kind of attitude with anyone, especially someone who's been around since the start.

Thanks.

--Robb "And you're right...there's no reason to be mean...so please don't be." Alvey

Please don't tell someone who's been around these parts for some time to "hold their horses." Especially when all you have is heresay information from an unofficial source.

Drewbie gets his information from the company that delivers ride pieces to Valleyfair! (at least that's my understanding of it). He has been correct for the most part since Steel Venom.

Also, GCI employees have been seen onsite. On top of that, GCI's site has been updated with talk of big news about to be announced.

Edit: Here's the link to GCI's site: http://www.greatcoasters.com/news.html

At Pres Con I spotted tons of flags in the huge grassy area across from Looping Starship, near the walkway under Hurricane Falls, and close to Red Garter Saloon. Sorry, I couldn't get any pictures. The camera was unavailable at the time.

Well I don't have a season pass there, but I will be going on Sunday so I'll try to take pics. Also, any of you GCI fans, are the GCI's rough or aggressive?

Roar at SFA is horribly rough. But still fun.

It'd be even better if its GGI!

I defintaely wouldn't call Roar rough. It is agressive, but not the kind of agressive that I like and I don't really think it is that great of a ride, nor am I really impressed with GCI twisters in general. Wildcat at Hershey is much more agressive than Roar, but I don't even like that ride that much either. I'll take Curtis Summers rough or S&S agreesive over what I've seen from a GCI twister so far.

Is there someone who lives near VF who might be interested in taking regular visits out there to get photos? We can start doing front page updates like we do for Cedar Point's and Dollywood's 2007 coasters.

I am going to Valleyfair! this next Friday. And I will take some photos of what I see. I live about 45 minutes away from Valleyfair!, so I do not have a season pass. Meaning that I wouldn't be able to give updates on the project.

For this new attraction we have been discussing, no, we don't know what it will be. And they've also picked a good spot to keep this project away from the public's eye. We also have to put the "Valleyscare!" event into consideration.

I'm paying close attention to what's going on at Valleyfair for '07, just because I'm gonna laugh my ass off if it turns out that Maverick is the name of their new coaster and all the CP fanboys have been wrong for months.

Drewbie gets his information from the company that delivers ride pieces to Valleyfair! (at least that's my understanding of it). He has been correct for the most part since Steel Venom.

Also, GCI employees have been seen onsite. On top of that, GCI's site has been updated with talk of big news about to be announced.

Edit: Here's the link to GCI's site: http://www.greatcoasters.com/news.html

At Pres Con I spotted tons of flags in the huge grassy area across from Looping Starship, near the walkway under Hurricane Falls, and close to Red Garter Saloon. Sorry, I couldn't get any pictures. The camera was unavailable at the time.

I hear you. And I know exactly what the ride is going to be. I'm just saying there's no reason to be a dick about it.

--Robb "Just because you might happen to know something before someone else doesn't make you any cooler or special." Alvey

I'm paying close attention to what's going on at Valleyfair for '07, just because I'm gonna laugh my ass off if it turns out that Maverick is the name of their new coaster and all the CP fanboys have been wrong for months.

Lol! That would be funny!

*Sigh* I was hoping for it to be a B&M Invert (But we don't know if it will be or not yet. Do we? ).

^ silverbullet has so much wasted potential. I cry myself to sleep because of it. Hopefully this valleyfair attraction won't be a dud for w/e it is. Whether that be a B&M invert, or a GCI, or a flying stand up floorless coaster.

Hah, yesterday I went and saw a bunch of markers everywhere. But when I asked this blonde ride-op she was like "Yeah I heard it'll be a roller coaster that you stand up on!" And I proceded to laugh at her. I asked another ride op and he said it'll go over the river and the highway, but he was like... German? so I don't know what he was told.