TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

Chickie and Pete's is not returning for 2020. It looks like Valleyfair will be bringing back Stadium Grille. This was the name of the sports bar several years ago. Personally, Chickie's was one of the better food options in the park. Sad to see it go - even though the building remains.

On twitter they got new renovated restrooms by the front gate and north star. Would anyone know if the restrooms by super cat and by the monster got renovated during the off season? Also has there been any ride testing starting to take place and will the park be ready to open with staffing to?

^ I wonder if they will have pretty much the same food as Chickies but save the franchise fee's. Cedar Point did a similar thing with Chick Fil a. They dropped the name but kept similar food

And then brought back Chicfila cause those hand breaded chicken tenders are terrible lol.

Personally I have never been impressed with any Chickie & Pete's. Regardless of location, I don't get the hype.

Unless the virus disappears really fast I'm thinking amusement parks are going to have to write off the season. Even if say they're allowed to open in July a lot of people are still going to be afraid to come and they'll have a hard time finding workers. The cities of Minneapolis and Bloomington have already written off summer and it wouldn't surprise me if the State Fair gets cancelled too.

Even if say they're allowed to open in July a lot of people are still going to be afraid to come and they'll have a hard time finding workers.

Agreed. Too bad VF doesn't have a big project to do or going on right now. Logistics with no one in the park would be a lot easier to do plus labor costs probably would not be as costly with such high unemployment. I guess the good news is they don't have a new big attraction that may have to wait a year to get used like KI.

So the park posted a blog entry about what's been going on at the park this offseason.

And I think the most interesting item mentioned is that the Dinos Alive store is being converted into a gathering/meeting/catering venue.

Wait...

Wasn't that the point of the Picnic Point, which is said to churn out thousands of meals per hour?

Full Article

So the park posted a blog entry about what's been going on at the park this offseason.

And I think the most interesting item mentioned is that the Dinos Alive store is being converted into a gathering/meeting/catering venue.

Wait...

Wasn't that the point of the Picnic Point, which is said to churn out thousands of meals per hour?

Full Article

Might be used more as an indoor controlled gathering area while Picnic point was more of an outdoor eating area.

This update explains all of the off season work permits for new buildings, remodeled buildings, new plumbing and new fire systems.

Looks like holiday world has an opening day set for June 14.

I know that Indiana handles coronavirus differently than Minnesota, but it is nonetheless a good sign that there are at least intentions to open some parks this summer. Let's hope cedar fair follows suit in a safe and effective manner.

Looks like holiday world has an opening day set for June 14.

I know that Indiana handles coronavirus differently than Minnesota, but it is nonetheless a good sign that there are at least intentions to open some parks this summer. Let's hope cedar fair follows suit in a safe and effective manner.

If the state lifts restrictions is the park ready to open? I drive by MIA almost daily and they are not ready to open. Gondolas not on the ferris wheel, trains not on the coasters yet ect

I trust the state will give parks enough of a warning when things are expected to go "live". From what I can tell, a lot of the larger rides do have trains on the transfer tracks but the ferris wheel and smaller flat rides lack gondolas.

I know there are some murmurs of maintenance workers being allowed back to start preparing the park but I don't believe any employee training has occurred. If valleyfair will open, they will be ready when governor walz allows them to open. From my understanding, governor walz's plan is to ease business back in rather than opening everything up on a given date, so I'd imagine before valleyfair opens they would have the ability to get maintenance and employees in well before they will be given the OK to open.

I trust the state will give parks enough of a warning when things are expected to go "live". From what I can tell, a lot of the larger rides do have trains on the transfer tracks but the ferris wheel and smaller flat rides lack gondolas.

Been checking the Cedar Point webcam, huh? I feel ya

^ That is interesting. Are they just having fun with the Lea/Han 'I know' line with today being May 4th and all the social media comments they get pertaining to a new coaster all the time? Or are they actually hinting at something? Personally I think they are just having fun with everyone but it would be a cool way to start a teaser campaign.

Especially with parks like worlds of fun posting anything similar to this
Especially with parks like worlds of fun not posting anything similar to this

Which one is it?

Hint: There's an edit button.