TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

OMG B&M INVERT??? RMC RAPTOR???? PLEASE

LOL.

Hope for a bathroom, food stand, or smoking area.

Even though I think that that plot will be empty for the 2020 season, I still wonder why it's being announced this early.

Note to self: look up when other Cedar Fair parks announced the closings of their Dinos Alive.

Also, CF recently trademarked the name "Polaris," the North Star. Kinda makes one wonder...

They're going to fill that entire area with bathrooms.....as far as the eye can see

Even though I think that that plot will be empty for the 2020 season, I still wonder why it's being announced this early.

Note to self: look up when other Cedar Fair parks announced the closings of their Dinos Alive.

Also, CF recently trademarked the name "Polaris," the North Star. Kinda makes one wonder...

I was just going to mention that too. Cedar Fair likes naming new rides at Valleyfair after Minnesota people, things or items. Polaris, the company, is based in Minnesota. I wonder if it's even possible that Cedar Fair and Polaris have some kind of marketing deal! Now, during the season, we look for signs of "something" happening both in the front of the park and in the back of the park.

I too think the dinos area will sit empty in 2020. October would seem late to start coaster prep and that is the obvious choice for the spot..

I can't help but think a RMC Raptor would fit perfectly in the old Riptide spot with the removal of the one side of the games area. Fits perfectly on google maps, haha. Could use the coaster to upgrade the games area as that midway is dead...

Excited to get to the park tomorrow night and check out some of the infrastructure changes.

Dorney replaced their Dinosaurs Alive with a small building that's closed to the public that can be used for employee training and a giant empty field. I feel like something like that would be a great addition to the park.

They're going to fill that entire area with bathrooms.....as far as the eye can see

And trash cans, don't forget more trash cans. Maybe an expanded Panda Express since it is next to the Dino's and now they will have more open land there.

This announcement caught me off guard (not complaining ), but I cannot wrap my head around why the park would announce it so early. If they are truly waiting until October to remove them why not wait until then to announce it? You usually make announcements like this too explain something going away or work being done in an area during the operating season. Why announce it so soon if you are going to wait until October to do work or removal when the season is over at that time? Guess they are trying to gin up some 'last visits' and drive some traffic. This is some prime time front of the park real estate right at the entrance so you imagine they are not going to just put an operation or administration building there. Very interesting, so everyone keep your eyes open for any changes in the area and let us know what you see.

This announcement caught me off guard (not complaining ), but I cannot wrap my head around why the park would announce it so early. If they are truly waiting until October to remove them why not wait until then to announce it? You usually make announcements like this too explain something going away or work being done in an area during the operating season. Why announce it so soon if you are going to wait until October to do work or removal when the season is over at that time? Guess they are trying to gin up some 'last visits' and drive some traffic. This is some prime time front of the park real estate right at the entrance so you imagine they are not going to just put an operation or administration building there. Very interesting, so everyone keep your eyes open for any changes in the area and let us know what you see.

For the record, both Dorney and Kings Dominion (and possibly other CF parks) announced the removal of Dinos Alive well in advance of the end of the season. The part I've bolded is exactly the reason. Judging by social media commentary, Dinos is a huge hit with families with small children, so a random "Hey this is closing next week" pisses them off. If notice is given that it's leaving in 4-5 months, that gives them time to still get to the park to experience it. It's just good will building...don't read too much into it.

I too think the dinos area will sit empty in 2020. October would seem late to start coaster prep and that is the obvious choice for the spot..

This is Valleyfair we're talking about, not Cedar Point. Just because a large attraction is being removed doesn't mean we're getting a new coaster. I think something like Forbidden Frontier is far more likely to replace dinosaurs alive than a new coaster.

It's a small thing, but I was just looking through the new Valleyfair app and noticed that the rider height safety section still lists the Hydroblaster, and I then looked on their website and it is also still there under the family rides section, even though. rides like Riptide and Enterprise are not listed. Also if you look up Hydroblaster Valleyfair it will bring up the page

Has that been there ever since it was removed in 2013?

I think that a permanently placed peanuts celebration would go well in that area because they are already using the dinos gift shop for peanuts celebration

I agree. Peanuts: A Dinosaurs Alive Celebration would be a perfect show to go in that location.

Regardless what happens 2019 season is finally here. I’m going to preview night and opening weekend looking forward to the improvements that the park made during the off season. And it’s going to be interesting to see what happens in the Dino area.

This is Valleyfair we're talking about, not Cedar Point. Just because a large attraction is being removed doesn't mean we're getting a new coaster. I think something like Forbidden Frontier is far more likely to replace dinosaurs alive than a new coaster.

While I would agree with your first two sentences, however I would have to say comparing this to Frontier is like comparing apples to oranges. Most people are focusing on this because it was announced before the season even started, which has not happened for a very, very, long time. Even with major rides like enterprise being removed, there was not much notice even though it had considerably more traffic on a daily basis than dinos ever did. The same goes with when Route 76 was being built. I'm not saying its gonna be a roller coaster, but many people are leaning that way because A: they announced it so early, and B: that is a huge plot of land.