TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

I spoke to the high level manager again.

He told me he made a mistake before, but now he knows for sure:

How dumb do you think we are? We're not falling for your lies. You've had three posts here, and all of them are lies.

I believe this one was more of a joke. Like the ride name tho.

He also told me:

That the Wave will be removed, but the carousel will be moved to the spot of Wild Thing's helix.

In the poster, "Turning the Tables" at the bottom is referring to the rising water table near the park, and the Mississippi Marauder will get revenge on the water table.

For the love of god stop

Are there any permits filed for Valleyfair in the county or city?

Nothing yet. I have been checking daily for the last week because of the other CF park announcements for their new attractions next year. Will post if/when I see something.

For the love of god stop

You won't have to worry about him anymore...

Thank you!

^ Thanks for the info. A little interesting that they put Brad at VF for two years and then just moved him back to the same park he came from. Poor new GM though, he goes from California winters to Minnesota winters. He must have pissed someone off at CF HQ.

I'm surprised nobody started a "We want Dave back!" petition yet on here. It seemed like Dave's dream job, so must have been some corporate politics or something that led to him leaving.

Looks like Excalibur will be surviving another year! What is the record for longest rumored coaster removal?

If I was a conspiracy theorist of an enthusiast, I'd say there's something intriguing about Valleyfair first getting Carowinds' ex-GM and then getting CGA's.

On a more personal note, I'm going to miss Brad. He was always willing to talk whenever we saw each other on the midways.

VF has donated one of the old Philadelphia Toboggan cars from one of the original High Roller trains to Scott County so they can auction it off and raise money for charity. You know, the one's with buzz bars instead of the PTC cars from Ghost Rider that 'ruined' it. It doesn't look like the entire car but close.

If your interested in bidding or just looking the auction starts tomorrow.

Go to: https://www.biddingowl.com/Auction/home.cfm?auctionID=15728 to check it out.

I was at the park yesterday and the holding brakes were still not fixed.

On another note: Six Flags announced their new attractions for 2019. Pretty impressive line up with three new coasters and three new giant Zamperla revolutions! Plus some other pretty great attractions. Does anyone know when Cedar Fair will make announcements for Valleyfair? I know its usually after the state fair but I believe they announced last year during the state fair. It's been pretty quiet on the rumor mill but that doesn't necessarily mean anything either.

Does anyone know when Cedar Fair will make announcements for Valleyfair? I know its usually after the state fair but I believe they announced last year during the state fair. It's been pretty quiet on the rumor mill but that doesn't necessarily mean anything either.

Delirious was announced on August 16th, 2017.

North Star was announced on August 18th, 2016.

Flying Eagles was announced on September 15th, 2015.

I'd say if something is going to be announced it should be announced before the end of September. Not expecting much at all. Hopefully a set-up year for larger things to come.

Hard to believe they will leave the Dinos area empty after removing it next year. Prime real estate upfront there that could use a facelift.

Hard to believe they will leave the Dinos area empty after removing it next year. Prime real estate upfront there that could use a facelift.

That is what I cannot figure out. The Dino's are on the way out after next year (at least based on other CF parks like KI that got them and then removed them after seven years). And they occupy a very large prime real estate spot up front for VF so I find it hard to believe they would leave it empty also. But if they decide to remove them and put something there then the 'approved project' to expand the back of the park by moving a road, expanding the water park and adding a new parking lot gets delayed at least another year. How long does the approval from the Federal and State to move the proposed wetlands last? Does it expire? Or once approved do they have all the time they want to make it happen? They spent one year getting the Army Corps of Engineers and the State to sign off and then another year for the city to sign off on the plan and probably had to spend some decent time and money to get the plan together, proposed and approved. WHEN/IF do they start implementing it? Watch, we will probably find out next year VF is the first CF park to extend the Dino's contract for a few years.

FYI - Still no new building permits issued for VF.

I'll throw out the idea that this year might be the year they move the road as the first phase of Soak City 2.0, you don't announce "Coming Next Year! A New Service Road! Get Your Season Passes Now!", so that's why we've heard nothing, and they already have a permit so there's be no new permits issued. If Dinoland is vacant for a year or two it wouldn't be the end of the world since it's already spite-fenced off from both inside and outside the park, so it's rather visually unimpressive.

O.K. so I sent an e-mail to Valleyfair asking when an announcement for 2019 will be made. This was the response I got back today.

Hello William –

Thanks for reaching out to us. As for right now, we have no announcements for 2019.

Thanks,

Kelsey Bailey | Manager of PR & Communications

Valleyfair Amusement Park

So that doesn't mean there wont be! It could be they just aren't ready to reveal it yet!

A few things:

At Kings Island we lost Dinos at the end of last year and this year the area was not in use and they moved a smoking section to where the main entrance was. We think perhaps a portion of it "May" become part of our new Antique cars, but a layout has yet to surface.

Even if you don't get a ride next year, keep your eyes open on other infrastructure improvements... Cedar Fair has been putting in a lot of dual-line restaurants lately, so watch for one to possibly go in place of Starship...

Another thing to notice: you have gotten flat rides the last three years, so even if you get nothing new next season, perhaps a larger investment is coming your way in 20. Of course, I would have thought the waterpark expansion would have started by now, but who really knows.

At Kings Island we lost Dinos at the end of last year and this year the area was not in use and they moved a smoking section to where the main entrance was. We think perhaps a portion of it "May" become part of our new Antique cars, but a layout has yet to surface.

The entrance will be where the Peach Basket stand currently sits. The ride itself will take up a portion of that end of Coney Mall's midway and run alongside Racer. With the description given and from others who were at Racer's backstage tour recently, it doesn't appear to be using DA at all (at least not the pathway on the other side of Racer).

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/blog/2018/august/construction-on-kings-mills-antique-autos-to-begin-next-week

If you did not notice, in previous years the Looping Starship has been open during ValleyScare but not this year. Also the raging rapids ride in soak city near its entrance has been closed for a couple weeks. These two things lead me to thinking that the starship will be removed this season and so will the raging rapids. Also the entrance of soak city will be moved to near mad mouse. Then in 2019 they will begin construction and announce a soak city expansion