TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

^ I don't know either, this is the first Larson Looper that I have seen up close. I was hoping someone could tell me because I was wondering the same thing. They look to have something to do with propelling (and braking) of the train but I could not tell what they were. My initial guess was that they were 'electro-magnets' that helped the train move and stop but I have no idea. Hard to tell too because I checked the Larson website and it did not have enough detail of how the ride operates. http://larsonintl.com/the-22m-giant-loop/ Does anyone else know?

^^^ Wait why does Delirious have those two panels on the "top"/opposite of the gondola on the ring, I don't recall seeing those on any other larson loopers?

Counterweights.

Prince Coaster is looking sexy as hell.

I just wheezed out loud.

But honestly they should play Purple Rain near the ride.

giphy.gif

um. . or, you know, "Delirious" ?

maybe?

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

(and yeah, Prince didn't want his music shared to YouTube, so out of respect for that, I'm linking the Karaoke version instead of official video ).

and seriously, that purple color looks amazing.

^^ I don't know much about him except the one song, haha.

This makes me sad. Prince is (was?) incredible, and his run of albums from the late 70s through the early 90s is basically flawless. You should dive in there and get familiar.

You should dive in there and get familiar.

I'll see, I've gotten into Michael Jackson (not comparing the two), him and Prince had music in/around the same time. Sometimes I do try and step out of my "die hard pop" and "musicals" zones, and visit older decades.

I'll see, I've gotten into Michael Jackson (not comparing the two), him and Prince had music in/around the same time. Sometimes I do try and step out of my "die hard pop" and "musicals" zones, and visit older decades.

Prince made some great pop albums (and I guess technically Purple Rain is a musical? lol). He was also an incredibly talented songwriter (you'd be shocked by how many non-Prince songs are actually written by Prince) and multi instrumentalist - dude could play anything. He was also arguably the greatest guitar player of all time (

).

Sorry to go so far off topic, but I'm passionate about Prince. I've been a fan as long as I can remember.

Prince made some great pop albums (and I guess technically Purple Rain is a musical? lol). He was also an incredibly talented songwriter (you'd be shocked by how many non-Prince songs are actually written by Prince) and multi instrumentalist - dude could play anything. He was also arguably the greatest guitar player of all time (
).

Sorry to go so far off topic, but I'm passionate about Prince. I've been a fan as long as I can remember.

This really is The Prince Coaster. Its named after one of his best songs, its totally a Prince shade of purple, its in his freaking backyard

Sounds like you need a trip to visit VF, NU, definitely some Paisley Park and a First Avenue visit. And like you said Delirious is in his 'freaking backyard', Paisley Park is about 10 miles (15 minutes) further down highway 101 from VF. It's always good to have passionate and educated music fans.

Prince was absolutely brilliant.

and his style changed thruout the years, but always kept the songwriting (and musical abilities).

something you can COUNT on with Prince, always a few classic songs no matter which album.

it's shocking that you're only familiar with "Purple Rain", when that soundtrack contains other pretty big hits for him ("When Doves Cry" "Baby I'm a Star" "I Would Die For You".. among others).

but if you truly aren't that familiar?

at minimum -- search on the web to find/listen to the following songs:

"Controversy"

"Delirious"

"Little Red Corvette"

"1999"

"When Doves Cry"

"Kiss"

"Raspberry Beret"

just as a starting point.

and the fact I'm this much into Prince -- when my interests tend to be in Industrial/Metal, and my favorite band of all time is KISS ?

should tell you how brilliant he was.

Has this just turned into a Prince discussion thread?

if the purple ride in Prince's backyard fits

I offended so many people.

But yea, I'll look into him.

(End of discussion lets not keep going off topic )

don't think anyone was "offended". . but I was a little stunned you're not familiar with such a popular Pop Culture figure (and assume Boldy & ytterbiumanalyst felt the same way).

I would have had same reaction if you said you only knew "Material Girl" from Madonna, or only knew "I'm Still Standing" from Elton John. . . we're talking musical icons, so yeah, we are just trying to expose you to more.

and Prince is brilliant.

Edited by bert425

don't think anyone was "offended". . but I was a little stunned you're not familiar with such a popular Pop Culture figure (and assume Boldy felt the same way).

I would have had same reaction if you said you only knew "Material Girl" from Madonna, or only knew "I'm Still Standing" from Elton John. . . we're talking musical icons, so yeah, we are just trying to expose you to more.

and Prince is brilliant.

Yea, I get it. My humor (and basically my whole school) is overreacting things.

But Vogue by Madonna is a BOP. (Bop = an amazing song, if you didn't know )

Sorry to interrupt the Prince Appreciation Thread but it looks like the park has built a new Coke Refresh Station in Route 76 across the midway from Delirious. Looks great.

DcIlnZ6VQAAfoGO.thumb.jpg.5ae0a341758aa6e3d0ca419d928bf7b7.jpg

Photo from Valleyfair's Twitter.

Sorry to interrupt the Prince Appreciation Thread but it looks like the park has built a new Coke Refresh Station in Route 76 across the midway from Delirious. Looks great.

Wondering what will become of Rita’s ice that was there before. Will they be in the same building?