TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Valleyfair (VF) Discussion Thread

You guys are lucky!

Try living near Michigan's adventure.

As far as flat rides go, these are actually pretty fun. I think all the hate just comes from the fact that Six Flags marketed them as a coaster. If Six Flags never did that, I bet we'd have a much different opinion of them.

You guys are lucky!

As far as flat rides go, these are actually pretty fun. I think all the hate just comes from the fact that Six Flags marketed them as a coaster. If Six Flags never did that, I bet we'd have a much different opinion of them.

Also this is a ride you find at a city carnival, not a world class amusement park.

You guys are lucky!

Also this is a ride you find at a city carnival, not a world class amusement park.

Buddy, Disney has 3 variations on Dumbo at WDW (not including the Astro Orbiter, which is really just a big version of that) and every carnival in the world has a copy of 'em.

Don't we have Looping Starship already? Really confused and disappointed with this addition. It will be a cool light show at night but other than that...

Looping Starship has been rumored to be on the chopping block as part of the water park expansion. Delirious can be an updated similar type of ride if Looping Starship would be removed in the near future. More than likely cheaper on maintenance too.

Should be a solid addition to the park! Almost as excited for them to add some trees and other scenic items along that path as the actual ride. Concrete jungle down there, needs some life added!

Don't we have Looping Starship already? Really confused and disappointed with this addition. It will be a cool light show at night but other than that...

Looping Starship has been rumored to be on the chopping block as part of the water park expansion. Delirious can be an updated similar type of ride if Looping Starship would be removed in the near future. More than likely cheaper on maintenance too.

Should be a solid addition to the park! Almost as excited for them to add some trees and other scenic items along that path as the actual ride. Concrete jungle down there, needs some life added!

That's what I was thinking! Great replacement for Looping Starship. They should have brought back Enterprise with a LED light display too!

It's definitely not what I was expecting, but overall it looks like a fun, solid addition to the park that most guests will like. Should look good in Route 76 as well. It does make me wonder how much longer Looping Starship will be around since that ride does almost exactly the same thing.

I won't say anything negative about the park, I'm sure the area will look great...But I will say this. I've went to many parks and have rode many Larson Looper and I've hated every single one. They are horrible rides. But I still ride them. And I'll probably ride this one to when I come to Valleyfair.

THIS.

I'm not sure why anyone would complain about a park getting a large, thrilling flat. These rides are fun. Also, could be worse, you could live near Dorney and not be getting anything but a new eatery in the waterpark.

Let me describe my disappointment in this way, I'm actually surprised that I guessed it right! It's interesting how they'll be moving tilter to in between North Star and flying eagles, but that just leaves even more space in wild thing's helix, maybe for a new and improved Enterprise?! I honestly hope we have big expansions coming our way soon though because honestly these past few years have been a disappointment to me. We've been receiving good rides, however they haven't been what Valleyfair needs most.

I rode my first Larson Looper at Kentucky Kingdom this summer Eye of the Storm. I thought they were a lot of fun. This will be a welcomed addition to the park and will help out our flat ride section of the park because we don't have a lot of rides that goes up side down. Also not to mention will be another first of its kind type of ride at a Cedar Fair park like North Star was first of its kind.

I want to go back in time and bitch-slap all the spoiled enthusiasts who began pejoratively using the label "carnival ride" to express their discontent with Six Flags calling these things coasters. Most of the standard flat rides at amusement parks all originate from carnivals/state fairs and can still be found at them to this day, including Tilt-A-Whirls, Scramblers, Space Shot towers, Pirate Ships, Enterprises, Bumper Cars, Paratroopers, Music Expresses, Monsters, Looping Starships, Round Ups, Swings, just to name a select few. If you bitch about Super Loops using the "carnival ride" label as a reason but never do for any of these other rides, you're just stupid.

You guys are lucky!

So are about 90% of any flat ride you'll find at an amusement park. Almost every flat ride you see has a portable version. What's your point? I'm excited for this new COASTER!

CF sure surprised me again this year with adding another big thrill ride to VF in back to back years. Just did not think that would happen but welcome it. Looks like a solid addition to the flat ride line up and should make Route 76 an even better area with all the night lighting and new shade area's that are coming with it. This area has had such a makeover in the last four years and it just keeps getting better.

A couple of observations...Excalibur gets another season and lives to run another day! Fans of the coaster can be happy for at least another year of rides. The Knott's Boomerang relocation fans will have to wait another year...if not forever.

Well, now that the announcement for 2018 is done we can contemplate and speculate for 2019! Now that they have had a year to get the resources (construction materials and crews) for the water park expansion/parking lot addition scheduled does CF do that and pull the trigger to make it happen for 2019? Does the addition of Delirious make Looping Starship expendable during the proposed water park expansion like some have suggested?

You guys are lucky! Try living near Michigan's adventure.

Fortunately true (for VF fans). MiA, the park in the chain that makes me feel good about my home park.

Edited by RCjunkie